Shopping Discussion

No Frills on a thursday.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2010 3:27 pm
Jan 3, 2009
328 posts
4 upvotes
GTA
Btw we have 4 skids of that Nestle pure life water left.....the one that was on sale last week.

I'm just saying.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1168 posts
53 upvotes
gostinger wrote:
Aug 12th, 2010 3:54 pm
You have to be unemployed , welfare mom to snag the specials cause while we work they pillage the deals

Or you have to be married to a man/woman making a decent salary so you have the opportunity to take care of the kids the traditional way instead of being forced to farm them out to daycare.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
50 upvotes
sillysimms wrote:
Aug 13th, 2010 12:43 am
Best thing is just take the flyer and go to Walmart and price match. I find this at No Frills, but also other grocery stores. There often is low stock or little selection for some sale items. I just take the flyer and go to Walmart. Price matching there is very quick and easy and they more frequently have the item in stock than the stores with the sale. Having said that, I do sometimes shop at No Frills, but have been doing more and more price matching at Walmart because of the issue you mention (and it isn't just on Thursdays). I also tried a price match twice at No Frills under their new price matching policy and it wasn't easy and took a lot of time as they have to call a manager, get them to come over and sign the flyer and they have to keep the flyer in their till. Not simple or quick at all.

Can you get a raincheck?
I always do that with other stores.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7366 posts
834 upvotes
GTA
Bookpreviews wrote:
Sep 14th, 2010 1:43 am
Can you get a raincheck?
I always do that with other stores.

Nope. No Frills doesn't offer rain checks. I actually did mention in one of my posts in the thread, that would be a way for them to ease some of these customer complaints, but it isn't something they do so it is often best to price match somewhere else. I still do go to No Frills for some of the No Name products I do like (and can only get at the Loblaws chain of stores) and will pick up some other things while I'm there.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
8223 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto
no frills needs to start carrying that PC Guacamole mix so I don't need to make a special trip to Loblaws anymore :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5486 posts
869 upvotes
Toronto
sillysimms wrote:
Sep 14th, 2010 2:04 am
Nope. No Frills doesn't offer rain checks. I actually did mention in one of my posts in the thread, that would be a way for them to ease some of these customer complaints, but it isn't something they do so it is often best to price match somewhere else. I still do go to No Frills for some of the No Name products I do like (and can only get at the Loblaws chain of stores) and will pick up some other things while I'm there.
One reason that may prevent rainchecks are several products that NF has on sale are not always regularly carried at all stores and some may be one time things. This includes a few brands of cheese that usually have a good sale price, those 2lb strawberries, many of the cryovac meats, I recall a few bread brands, and just think about the semi annual dollar ad merchandise portions. These would make the raincheck useless.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7366 posts
834 upvotes
GTA
No Frills wrote:
Sep 14th, 2010 10:07 am
One reason that may prevent rainchecks are several products that NF has on sale are not always regularly carried at all stores and some may be one time things. This includes a few brands of cheese that usually have a good sale price, those 2lb strawberries, many of the cryovac meats, I recall a few bread brands, and just think about the semi annual dollar ad merchandise portions. These would make the raincheck useless.

That makes sense also. I'm sure customers would be even more upset if they couldn't get the product when it was on sale AND they couldn't use the raincheck later on :)