Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
2470 posts
178 upvotes
Markham

No haggling at Huyndai?

Went to a Huyndai dealership and saw "Market value" signs. Basically, no more "I got a great deal out of negotiating".
15 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1926 posts
523 upvotes
They can put up whatever signs they want. Fact is if they want to make a sale then they'll have to deal. Email bomb, coming in with research and a ccc report, or simply making an offer will often result in a deal lower than msrp. Perhaps a single dealer may not be willing to deal but it means that they do well enough that they don't have to. But someone out there will be willing to strike a deal. You may just have to search or travel for it.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
21863 posts
6876 upvotes
Toronto
dec12 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 6:16 am
Went to a Huyndai dealership and saw "Market value" signs. Basically, no more "I got a great deal out of negotiating".
Just go back 3 - 4 months later and you tell the dealer the car has since depreciated a lot from my last visit, therefore, I am looking at the market value being 15% less than the sticker price since car depreciates a lot in the first year Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
1457 posts
324 upvotes
Mississauga
Sure this is similar to the we need your trade in mail I get from dealers... apparently their used sock is running low. 🤣
Jun 30, 2017
26 posts
5 upvotes
When I bought my Sonata back in 2015 I just made multiple trips so they would remember who I was (test drove, asked questions, showed interest) came back with an unhaggled report showing the price I was comfortable with and negotiated it...So I think it's a matter of your approach and like others said, if they want to sell the car it doesn't matter what's indicated on the vehicle, they find a way to negotiate it
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7772 posts
4553 upvotes
Markham
If you can haggle at Toyota, you can certainly haggle at Hyundai.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2010
1544 posts
467 upvotes
Alpha Centauri
dec12 wrote:
This policy won't last as customers will buy elsewhere.
Only the meek-minded population will feel comfortable with this stupid idea.
Apr 4, 2017
63 posts
75 upvotes
TLSRULZ wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 9:21 am
Sure this is similar to the we need your trade in mail I get from dealers... apparently their used sock is running low. 🤣
And yet, no matter how "low" their used vehicle stock is, they will still lowball you with an insulting offer for your trade in. Those flyers go straight to the blue box.
Oct 15, 2008
151 posts
114 upvotes
canada
TLSRULZ wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 9:21 am
"Let's get you out of your current vehicle (300hp, 6 MT hatchback) and into a new one (150hp, auto CUV)."

Yeah sounds good, let me think about it.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20337 posts
9153 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
My mom wants a new Kona

I found out there’s $1200 profit built into the msrp based on a CCC report. Told my mom to offer their cost plus $600. Basically $27.2k for the 2.0L Preferred Trim FWD

I was hoping it’d be an easy sale for them (cash) but now I wonder if they’ll negotiate at all. My mom isn’t going to go to 100 different dealers to get the price she wants. Hmm....
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
2830 posts
1847 upvotes
Oakville, ON
dec12 wrote:
Is this just a local dealer’s policy/approach? Or are you saying this is how Hyundai corporate is going across Canada in all their dealerships?
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7772 posts
4553 upvotes
Markham
nasa25 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 7:19 am
My mom wants a new Kona

I found out there’s $1200 profit built into the msrp based on a CCC report. Told my mom to offer their cost plus $600. Basically $27.2k for the 2.0L Preferred Trim FWD

I was hoping it’d be an easy sale for them (cash) but now I wonder if they’ll negotiate at all. My mom isn’t going to go to 100 different dealers to get the price she wants. Hmm....
Just email a bunch and see who is game. No need to waste gas on a Hyundai.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20337 posts
9153 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Anikiri wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 10:19 am
Just email a bunch and see who is game. No need to waste gas on a Hyundai.
True. Thanks
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao