Shopping Discussion

No more Clear Care contact lens solution at Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2011 7:18 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
3663 posts
771 upvotes

No more Clear Care contact lens solution at Costco?

Visited my local Costco today and saw that they no longer sell Clear Care contact lens solution. Can anyone else confirm this for their local Costco?
If this is permanent, this is such a heavy blow to me, as I only use Clear Care and find regular retail prices are too expensive for me. :cry:
15 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18500 posts
929 upvotes
ilove wrote:
Feb 8th, 2011 7:23 am
Visited my local Costco today and saw that they no longer sell Clear Care contact lens solution. Can anyone else confirm this for their local Costco?
If this is permanent, this is such a heavy blow to me, as I only use Clear Care and find regular retail prices are too expensive for me. :cry:

My wife uses clear care and we actually always found the prices of it at Walmart to be the same or cheaper than at Costco when you do the per-ml math.

The absolute cheapest however is to stock up when yo go to the US, it is like 1/2 the price it is here.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2433 posts
202 upvotes
Vancouver
Oh noo, costco's clear care's a good deal, and it's a larger size than regular retail too.

I'm going on Saturday hoping to buy some.. will report back if I see it...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
3663 posts
771 upvotes
brunes wrote:
Feb 8th, 2011 11:22 am
My wife uses clear care and we actually always found the prices of it at Walmart to be the same or cheaper than at Costco when you do the per-ml math.
Really? I have always found that the "twin paks" sold at Walmart are of smaller size than those sold at Costco. Plus Costco has manufacturer's intstant rebates going on at several times during the year, bringing down the price of a twin pak to around 12-13 dollars, whereas Walmart is usually around 17-18 dollars all the time.
brunes wrote:
Feb 8th, 2011 11:22 am
The absolute cheapest however is to stock up when yo go to the US, it is like 1/2 the price it is here.

Thanks for telling me about this. I should stock up next time I go down there.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1708 posts
160 upvotes
This is one of those things that drives me absolutely nuts about Costco. They'll carry an item for months/years, and then, out of the blue, they decide stop carrying it. This mAKeS mE cRAzY! :lol:
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1722 posts
67 upvotes
I just bought some on Saturday. This was at the Costco near Yorkdale.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
3663 posts
771 upvotes
Thanks comicbookguy. Can anyone confirm for the West region?
May 31, 2008
116 posts
11 upvotes
nooo i love clear care (the bubbles are amazing lol!) hope my costco still sells it.
Dec 7, 2002
497 posts
44 upvotes
Thanks for letting me know, I'm gonna stock up. It always irks me at Costco in the US because it is a lot cheaper but its made in Canada.
Jun 30, 2008
219 posts
7 upvotes
Burnaby
regular stock at Brighton (Burnaby) yesterday. Probably your local warehouse ran out.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
3663 posts
771 upvotes
Hmmm, it's strange, because it certainly didn't SEEM like it was simply out of stock. The whole display section where Clear Care was displayed was filled with other products, and even the price tag was gone.

However I checked out another location (Port Coquitlam) today and they had it in stock. Not a lot left though. I'm worried this might mean they are on the way out at this location as well? I am not sure. > :(
Feb 5, 2009
750 posts
31 upvotes
Did you ask the customer service people to see if they have any more on order?
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18500 posts
929 upvotes
ilove wrote:
Feb 8th, 2011 8:18 pm
Really? I have always found that the "twin paks" sold at Walmart are of smaller size than those sold at Costco. .

Yes the Costco bottles are larger but they also cost more. As always - do the math! Don't base things on looks especially when Costco is involved as looks is very decieveing.

Of course, if there is an instant rebate on at Costco it normally would beat most other places - but that is not every week.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18500 posts
929 upvotes
blakjak wrote:
Feb 9th, 2011 5:16 pm
This is one of those things that drives me absolutely nuts about Costco. They'll carry an item for months/years, and then, out of the blue, they decide stop carrying it. This mAKeS mE cRAzY! :lol:

Costco has a funny relationship with suppliers in that, if they find out that a supplier is supplying someone else with product cheaper than Costco, they drop them.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2433 posts
202 upvotes
Vancouver
They still have Clear Care at my local costco (Ottawa, one off Merivale).

It was 17.xx... not a bad deal for 2 x 460ml...
× < >