None
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
1574 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 4th, 2015 5:10 pm
STC has tuesday specials every freakin week. That must be 25% of their business.
I'm not surprised. There's a Tuesday every single week.
Dec 14, 2010
433 posts
107 upvotes
sprung wrote:
Nov 4th, 2015 4:19 pm
Hot Star Large Fried Chicken coming to Yonge/Gerrard. Supposedly has 30CM pieces

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2015/11 ... _tomorrow/
The piece of chicken is huge but it's more like a chicken cutlet than actual chicken piece. Think of a huge piece of a fried chicken cutlet that you have in a chicken sandwich. The piece I had in Hong Kong was pretty good but for $9.99 CAD I'm not so sure I'd have it again here.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12484 posts
1864 upvotes
Toronto
berieberie wrote:
Nov 5th, 2015 8:21 am
The piece of chicken is huge but it's more like a chicken cutlet than actual chicken piece. Think of a huge piece of a fried chicken cutlet that you have in a chicken sandwich. The piece I had in Hong Kong was pretty good but for $9.99 CAD I'm not so sure I'd have it again here.
How are they going to stay in business with a price like that?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4220 posts
611 upvotes
Toronto
I still remember it when it was 1.99$ with a penny for change. But none of those exist anymore...not even the penny
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12484 posts
1864 upvotes
Toronto
yesstyle wrote:
Nov 5th, 2015 1:01 pm
I still remember it when it was 1.99$ with a penny for change. But none of those exist anymore...not even the penny
Do you remember only being paid $5.75/hr? I think even @ $6.85 they were able to do $2 Tuesdays for a while before changing it to the $2.22 deal
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
3966 posts
673 upvotes
Regina
had kfc today for first time in a while, my body is rejecting it
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
14986 posts
11077 upvotes
Toronto
Tried to do Hot Star tonight (Nov 6) . they are sold out at 6pm! Good for them I guess.
Rex, eat the salad.
Jan 24, 2015
85 posts
38 upvotes
They increased prices again. Now its $3.29. Also, they increased their coupon prices by 50 cents. Now they want $6.49 for Big Crunch Combo!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8653 posts
1517 upvotes
DoubleJ5 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 4:42 am
They increased prices again. Now its $3.29. Also, they increased their coupon prices by 50 cents. Now they want $6.49 for Big Crunch Combo!
Higher input costs + Ontario power costs are weighing heavy. Brace for even higher prices next year with the huge jump in minimum wage. Can't blame KFC - they have to make a buck in there.
Jun 12, 2017
149 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
For these prices I rather buy the $5 fill ups at KFC comes with chicken/sandwich, popcorn chicken, fries, pop and a cookie. more bang for my buck
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12484 posts
1864 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 9:18 am
Higher input costs + Ontario power costs are weighing heavy. Brace for even higher prices next year with the huge jump in minimum wage. Can't blame KFC - they have to make a buck in there.
Hydro is included in some rental locations on a locked in lease. It's the landlord getting screwed there, not KFC.
As for wages,
While the $5 deal could go up, I'm guessing it'll swing another direction, staying at $5, minus the free cookie... (I'm strictly guessing there will be new signage advertising a cookie for only 50 cents with food purchase...)
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9556 posts
3852 upvotes
Ottawa
playnicee1 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 12:32 pm
Hydro is included in some rental locations on a locked in lease. It's the landlord getting screwed there, not KFC.
Some? How many commercial lease contracts have you seen? We're probably talking a very minuscule number of lessors pay their lessee's hydro costs because I've never seen it. The lessor may provide tenants a temperature range in the agreement.

They may also handle electricity via service charges paid to the landlord. This is done in cases where they can't have 1 tenant disconnected due to non-payment that would affect everyone else.

If you find a commercial landlord that includes utilities please let me know and I'll open a laundromat. That's where 95% of their costs are...take those away and you're sitting on a goldmine.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8653 posts
1517 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 12:32 pm
As for wages,
While the $5 deal could go up, I'm guessing it'll swing another direction, staying at $5, minus the free cookie... (I'm strictly guessing there will be new signage advertising a cookie for only 50 cents with food purchase...)
I don't buy that either. Input costs and energy costs are all very real and painful. Throw on a $4 raise / hour for most of your employees and margins are shot.

Cookies may not pay for that all.

Living in Ontario is not cheap when the Liberals are in power.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12484 posts
1864 upvotes
Toronto
Cas77 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 1:47 pm
If you find a commercial landlord that includes utilities please let me know and I'll open a laundromat. That's where 95% of their costs are...take those away and you're sitting on a goldmine.
Now that there are smart meters in place, I don't doubt that landlords will change the lease agreement once it is up for renewal.
What one might expect is the closing of several KFC locations and more merging of KFC/Taco bell/ (Pizza hut?) and possibly some new experiment with new foods to suck people in.
UM yes, they tried that...it failed, but now they might try adding beer to some locations to pay rent...maybe?