• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2018 12:42 pm
[OP]
Nov 25, 2014
13 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, ON

No more Kirkland Protein bars?

The Costco closest to me don't carry the Kirkland Protein bars anymore... Is this the case at other Costcos in Canada?

Are there any similarly priced bars w/ the same nutrition profile other than Quest bars? I've got the Clif protein bars but their sugar content is way higher and the fibre is way lower than the Kirkland ones.
292 replies
Dec 10, 2007
427 posts
243 upvotes
Arviat
You're kidding me.. I was at Costco Heartland over the weekend and could not find them, I thought it was only that store that had no stock.
I hope they did not actually stop carrying them.
Remember when you liked what you currently have
Aug 30, 2015
257 posts
77 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
They used to sell it on the website too but I cant find them anymore

That's a shame if they really don't carry it anymore :(

"Cheapest" alternative would be those pure protein plus? It's $10 for 4 bars. Anyone tried them? I've only tried the regular Pure Protein, not this one.

• 21 g of protein per bar
• 15 g of fibre per bar
• 2 g of sugar per bar

ngredients:
Milk protein isolate,isomalto-oligosaccharide,almond butter, whey proteinisolate, water, maltodextrin,oligofructose, erythritol,glycerin, modified palm oil,whey protein concentrate,flavour, cocoa butter, seasalt, tapioca starch, cocoa,stevia leaf extract, calciumcarbonate, sunflowerlecithin, chocolate liquor,colour. Contains almondsand milk.
Sep 21, 2003
568 posts
117 upvotes
Waterloo, Ontario
I've been wondering about this too. Someone else from Ontario was telling me they couldn't find them at their store anymore, and they've been conspicuously absent from the Waterloo store on my last two visits. I noticed they changed the packaging and added two more flavours in the States, so best case they are just switching stock, but I'm not hopeful. I'd love to know if anyone hears anything official from Costco.
"My fellow Americans, these are not the droids the nation is looking for."
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2968 posts
497 upvotes
Aurora, ON
I was frantically searching shelves trying to find them.. I only have a 1/2 box left !
I asked one of the 'associates' and was told they were pulled temporarily and they will be back. So I'm hoarding my last few bars and asked here for news :)

My thread (I didn't see this one!) kirkland-signature-protein-bars-2181657/
I couldn't find any instore this week and I was told they've been pulled off shelves temporarily.
They're adding a couple more flavours so hopefully they're just doing a repackaging for the launch of the new Cinnamon Roll and Chocolate Peanut Butter Chunk bars.
I'm addicted.. they're about 3 or 4 net carbs per bar.
Anyone seen them?
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2968 posts
497 upvotes
Aurora, ON
pca1987 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 12:45 pm
ngredients:
Milk protein isolate,isomalto-oligosaccharide,almond butter, whey proteinisolate, water, maltodextrin,oligofructose, erythritol,glycerin, modified palm oil,whey protein concentrate,flavour, cocoa butter, seasalt, tapioca starch, cocoa,stevia leaf extract, calciumcarbonate, sunflowerlecithin, chocolate liquor,colour. Contains almondsand milk.
Google maltodextrin before trying those bars...
Dec 10, 2007
427 posts
243 upvotes
Arviat
It's about time they added new flavors. Can't wait! (fingers crossed).

Kirkland comes to only $1.15 per bar so as far as alternatives there isn't really any unless you're willing to pay $2.50 per bar and up, and I'm not even talking about Quest.
Remember when you liked what you currently have
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1188 posts
152 upvotes
Markham, ON
Are you inventers of protein bar forcing their clients to try to make their own protein bars now?
Mar 30, 2018
1 posts
I have been to two Costcos in Ottawa and they no longer have them. They weren't at the Hunt Club store which is Costco Canada head office so they must have been pulled. Two weeks ago there was a ton of them out in Barrhaven. I liked them as they were peanut free and didn't have that disgusting after taste. Builder Bars are great but higher in carb and lower in fibre. I will go back to making my own not ideal but the others are two expensive, don't meet my nutritional needs or taste awful.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2968 posts
497 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Momcat27 wrote:
Mar 31st, 2018 9:21 pm
I have been to two Costcos in Ottawa and they no longer have them. They weren't at the Hunt Club store which is Costco Canada head office so they must have been pulled. Two weeks ago there was a ton of them out in Barrhaven. I liked them as they were peanut free and didn't have that disgusting after taste. Builder Bars are great but higher in carb and lower in fibre. I will go back to making my own not ideal but the others are two expensive, don't meet my nutritional needs or taste awful.
Care to share your recipe?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1271 posts
91 upvotes
Ontario
So what's the next best option until they bring them back?

Expired Quest bars from Supplement Source?

Pure Protein from Costco?
Feb 15, 2013
863 posts
404 upvotes
Brampton
I ended up buying the 'premier protein' brand. It was on sale this week, as I think most of the other protein bars are. It has 30g protein so was like whatever, it will do till Kirkland brand is back. Also, I couldn't find the Kirkland organic strawberry jam anywhere!!!
Nov 24, 2009
76 posts
113 upvotes
Cornwall, ON
They are Costco.COM so hopefully, we will see them soon in Canada. $20USD for 20 bars so looks like the price will still be good. I can't wait to see them!
Kirkland Signature Protein Bars Variety Pack 2.12 oz, 20-count
Looks like they also have the following varieties:
Cinnamon Roll
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chunk
Cookies and Cream
Plus the standard Chocolate Brownie and Chocolate chip cookie dough

Edit: Just placed on Order on Costco.com, benefits of living close to the Border. 2 day shipping is nice as well. I ordered one box of each.

Edit #2: My order got canceled with Costco.com 1st they said credit card issues and when I talked to the online care they said the credit card can't have a US address. E-mailed them and then I got a different answer that the shipping address was the issue as they verify that the shipping address against my info and if it doesn't match they cancel the order. Sounds like BS but I tried a different shipping location and my Canadian CC so we shall see if it gets canceled. Seems stupid to be that restrictive, Just take my money and give me my bars! Oh and I can't use my Canadian Membership so I have to pay a small fee but the care rep did say after the order was processed I could call to get it refunded if I have a Canadian Membership. I'm not very trusting of their Customer care reps though,
Last edited by fusack on Apr 4th, 2018 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1271 posts
91 upvotes
Ontario
I'm gonna buy the Muscletech low carb bars from Walmart until the Costco ones come back. They are 4 for $10 I believe.

Open to other low cost low carb alternatives....