Fitness and Nutrition

No more Kirkland Protein bars?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2021 9:28 am
Sep 5, 2018
21 posts
20 upvotes
I emailed Costco and this is their reply:

"In response to your email, it appears we have Costco item 1014809 Kirkland Signature Protein Bars listed as New for select Western Canadian locations and we hope to receive shipments around the end of October, 2020. To confirm the availability, please contact or visit your local warehouse  around that time in order to see how the staff may assist."

I phoned my warehouse (Edmonton S) and they said the bars were showing as on order and should arrive any day. That item number is not yet on Costco's website, but it looks like our long wait could soon be over.
Apr 25, 2003
79 posts
5 upvotes
Canada
Whoo-hoo! Thanks for the heads-up. Hopefully, the same timetable holds for Central Canada as well. I checked last Friday without success. I'll try again tomorrow.
Sep 5, 2018
21 posts
20 upvotes
This does not look good. E-mail I received today:

Our buyers have responded. There have been delays on this item and it will likely be another 4-6 weeks. What the warehouse would have been seeing in the system are requested delivery dates and not confirmed delivery appointments.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3746 posts
1003 upvotes
Toronto
i used to eat 1-2 of these a day and have resorted to making my own now. They taste just as good and you know exactly what is in them.

sure the convenience isnt there but i do keep a box of some kind of bar for when i need one to go which is rare these days.
Nov 25, 2006
11 posts
2 upvotes
pumpkinpies wrote: i used to eat 1-2 of these a day and have resorted to making my own now. They taste just as good and you know exactly what is in them.

sure the convenience isnt there but i do keep a box of some kind of bar for when i need one to go which is rare these days.
Are there recipes online for making these at home? Would save some money and nice to know what's in them
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3746 posts
1003 upvotes
Toronto
jlemko wrote: Are there recipes online for making these at home? Would save some money and nice to know what's in them
absolutely - i use a few recipes from here - https://www.youtube.com/c/Dessertswithbenefits/videos

i also use some from here - https://thebigmansworld.com/

there are a ton of recipes out there if you search for them so it is a little bit of a trial and error to see which ones you like. i also like to tweak the recipes to better fit my macros since i try to be low carb most of the time and obviously not everyone is of the same mindset.
Jun 1, 2013
144 posts
95 upvotes
I've been buying Quest from Costco but they have that overly sweet sugar alcohol taste to them. I've made my own in the past quite a bit. It's definitely cheaper and nice to control the ingredients. The convenience of just buying a good bar at a reasonable price like the Kirkland ones were is still missed though.
Sep 5, 2018
21 posts
20 upvotes
I just get a "Product Not Found" message. Maybe it is region dependent?
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1254 posts
937 upvotes
Belleville
MartinG76408 wrote: I just get a "Product Not Found" message. Maybe it is region dependent?
Likely Costco East as its used a TO postal code.
Sep 5, 2018
21 posts
20 upvotes
Well at least it looks like it shouldn't be too long. Can't wait.
Nov 29, 2014
94 posts
217 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
FYI the nutrition is slightly different when comparing to the old bars. Might not be a big deal, just want to point it out

Before/After per bar:
Calories: 200 / 220
Fibre: 14g / 6g-7g
Sugars: 2g / 5g
Jun 1, 2013
144 posts
95 upvotes
Avalon127 wrote: FYI the nutrition is slightly different when comparing to the old bars. Might not be a big deal, just want to point it out

Before/After per bar:
Calories: 200 / 220
Fibre: 14g / 6g-7g
Sugars: 2g / 5g
Oh wow thanks. More sugar and less fibre isn't really great to see.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)