Locked: No more locked phones!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2018 12:14 am
Tags:
Nov 12, 2014
399 posts
202 upvotes
Kingston, ON
So for an Apple iPhone that's locked to Bell - if I insert in a Koodoo SIM card it will automatically unlock the phone from Apple's servers?
Mar 21, 2016
300 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
QN5252 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:50 am
So for an Apple iPhone that's locked to Bell - if I insert in a Koodoo SIM card it will automatically unlock the phone from Apple's servers?
no. apple is a nuisance this way. You need to get bell to unlock it before you can use koodo sim. and IIRC an unlocked iphone locks to the next sim card it inserts to.
Nov 12, 2014
399 posts
202 upvotes
Kingston, ON
kotoshin wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:52 pm
no. apple is a nuisance this way. You need to get bell to unlock it before you can use koodo sim. and IIRC an unlocked iphone locks to the next sim card it inserts to.
I don't think the last part is accurate at all?
May 8, 2009
6806 posts
2972 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
kotoshin wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:52 pm
QN5252 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:54 pm
I don't think the last part is accurate at all?
Agreed. I think only Samsung's flex lock. iPhones have been said to flex lock in the past, but it's been a while since we've heard of instances of that. Once the iPhone is unlocked, should be a permanent unlock.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2005
4858 posts
782 upvotes
I just received my LG V30 from Telus, and it was already unlocked. I inserted my Zoomer/Cityfone/Rogers SIM and it worked with no issues.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2858 posts
25 upvotes
Waterloo
Hi guys, I just bought a used iPhone, it's currently locked to Bell. I would like to use it with Rogers. Do I simply call them to get it unlocked (on Dec. 1st) ?
:arrow: :arrowl:
May 8, 2009
6806 posts
2972 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
jaigandhi5 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 10:13 pm
Hi guys, I just bought a used iPhone, it's currently locked to Bell. I would like to use it with Rogers. Do I simply call them to get it unlocked (on Dec. 1st) ?
Yes, at this point, that'd be best.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2858 posts
25 upvotes
Waterloo
titaniumtux wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 10:15 pm
Yes, at this point, that'd be best.
Too bad the OTA update didn't get pushed. I'm tempted to try putting my sim in it to see if it works...

Thanks for the quick reply!
:arrow: :arrowl:
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19484 posts
7903 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
my rogers contact gave me the unlock code for my galaxy tab e a few days early, free of charge.

Only thing is I can't seem to unlock it without a non-rogers sim. She provided a step by step on how to do this but I can't find the fields in my settings menu. Also Samsung said the only way to unlock the tab E is with another sim card

Guess I'm just gonna have to borrow a friends sim card and test the unlock/unlock all my devices at once.
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
May 8, 2009
6806 posts
2972 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 10:19 am
my rogers contact gave me the unlock code for my galaxy tab e a few days early, free of charge.

Only thing is I can't seem to unlock it without a non-rogers sim. She provided a step by step on how to do this but I can't find the fields in my settings menu. Also Samsung said the only way to unlock the tab E is with another sim card

Guess I'm just gonna have to borrow a friends sim card and test the unlock/unlock all my devices at once.
:lol:

Many of us here on RFD have a drawer full of sim cards :D
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19484 posts
7903 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
titaniumtux wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 11:08 am
:lol:

Many of us here on RFD have a drawer full of sim cards :D
lol I just commandeered my coworkers bell sim card for about 90 seconds and now the tablet is unlocked

I def need to step my sim card game up a notch
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1343 posts
766 upvotes
Toronto
So if I use whatever code they give me to try with another sim card, does that code lock with that specific sim card or can I use that code with random sim cards??? Sorry guys I'm so new to this and I'm trying to figure this out before my trip tomorrow...
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
14757 posts
5397 upvotes
Oakville
SwaunyJones wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 4:45 pm
So if I use whatever code they give me to try with another sim card, does that code lock with that specific sim card or can I use that code with random sim cards??? Sorry guys I'm so new to this and I'm trying to figure this out before my trip tomorrow...
The code they give you is for the phone. You just insert any sim card that's not from your carrier (which triggers the phone prompting you for an unlock code), and put in the code.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1343 posts
766 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 5:17 pm
The code they give you is for the phone. You just insert any sim card that's not from your carrier (which triggers the phone prompting you for an unlock code), and put in the code.
Thanks for the update
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Dec 8, 2014
31 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I just unlocked my Bell phone (on contract) for free trough my Bell app.Just go to unlock my phone and enter the IMEI number.In seconds I received an unlock code for my Samsung.