[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2002
3339 posts
28 upvotes
West Coast
Trader Score: 1 (100% Positive)

No Pirated Software Sales/Trades Allowed

The rules of the forum are pretty clear, however lately there are far too many new users and some old listing their modded consoles for sales with the inclusion of pirated materials.

Under NO circumstances are you allowed to sell or make reference to the fact that you have pirated software included with your sale. We can't stop you from breaking the laws but we can protect the forums.

Do not list games/software for which you are not the rightful legitimate owner of.

If the activity continues, we will start enforcing the rules more strictly.
57 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
3618 posts
285 upvotes
Trader Score: 0
What is the standing on keys or account sales?
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Banned
Feb 15, 2004
10735 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga, ON (9th…
mushroomcheese wrote:wait, so can we still sell modded game systems? just as long as we don't include any illegal games with them?
Yep
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6136 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
Trader Score: 72 (100% Positive)
Can I sell, or buy, downloaded TV shows that are burned as data files? :confused: Not sure if they're considered "illegal" in Canada...as there's been so many debates.....I think it is...but oh well just thought I'd ask...

And if MP3 downloads are legal in Canada, does that mean people could technically sell a burned disc full of MP3's? Just curious is all...
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2005
2260 posts
SwiZz wrote:Can I sell, or buy, downloaded TV shows that are burned as data files? :confused: Not sure if they're considered "illegal" in Canada...as there's been so many debates.....I think it is...but oh well just thought I'd ask...

And if MP3 downloads are legal in Canada, does that mean people could technically sell a burned disc full of MP3's? Just curious is all...
Recorded TV shows are supposed to be erased after 24 hours (this is from VHS times.)
Smart enough *not* to own an iPod.
--
72889, 24461, 12764, 5836. Can I do better?
System specs & stats coming soon...
--
I show the "FireFox Girls" my "O" face whenever I can. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6136 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
Trader Score: 72 (100% Positive)
WiZZLa wrote:Recorded TV shows are supposed to be erased after 24 hours (this is from VHS times.)
Hmm...well what if i JUST downloaded these and want to sell it within 24 hours...I guess thats legal to do them right? ;)
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
4475 posts
162 upvotes
North York
Trader Score: 89 (100% Positive)
Wow, lol I know at least 5 people who have 150 PS2 games burned...

I could make a hefty reward :)

Join the RedFlagDeals Club on Xbox Live!

Heatware
[72 - 0 - 0]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
7571 posts
1004 upvotes
Mississauga
Trader Score: 127 (100% Positive)
Dark-Colonel wrote:Wow, lol I know at least 5 people who have 150 PS2 games burned...

I could make a hefty reward :)
Actually, the reward is not substantial. Even if you do get one, it will be very minimal and contingent upon conviction. In Canada, you do not stand to make much, since the chance of a hefty sentence is slim, plus you need to waste your time testifying, filing papers etc. Maybe in the USA it would be worth your time, but here, well, just look at Pacific Mall for an example. Obviously if there were "rewards" that were worthwhile, places like that would not exist.
Jun 23, 2004
122 posts
SwiZz wrote:Hmm...well what if i JUST downloaded these and want to sell it within 24 hours...I guess thats legal to do them right? ;)
I've read somewhere thats its the act of performing the piracy for someone else that's illegal (distrobution). You can rip a friends CD to MP3 for your own use, but if you rip your own CD and then give the MP3's to your friend its illegal.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2005
1261 posts
Trader Score: 1 (100% Positive)
I don't know if trading games is a good idea, cause some ppl like to buy half life for example, and register the key and then sell the game and cd key to someone and if they want to play they cannot use it. But not all games are like this though.
Jun 28, 2004
432 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Trader Score: 3 (100% Positive)
I think it's important for everyone to also understand that buying, selling, trading modded gaming units and systems is not just a EULA/TOS violation, but is also illegal, not just in the states, but Canada as well. I've just been debating the issue with one of the site moderators who didn't seem to understand that when I was asking why my post for a used game was removed. Just a heads up to all of you selling modded systems and Mod devices, they are indeed illegal in Canada.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
2915 posts
7 upvotes
Scarborough
Trader Score: 40 (97.6% Positive)
isn't modding xbox and ps2 are illegal?
if burned games are to be banned then shouldn't the modded machines too?
HEATWARE & RFD feedback
I do not sell here to make money. I am simply selling stuff I no longer use. I am flexible with pricing as I want you to get good value for your money. If offering a lower than asking price please be reasonable with your offerings. Thanks.