No progress in WEIGHT LOSS

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2019 7:48 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 5, 2019
8 posts
2 upvotes
I know that I received a lot of valuable advice here, I read everything and I use the majority. That's why today I dropped 1 lbs!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
1158 posts
60 upvotes
djfunk wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 10:26 am
OP, i dropped 50 pounds several years ago and along with others here are some key things:
1) its all about food. what you consume needs to be less than what you use. others have gone into detail so i wont pile on.

4) exercise is good but make sure its something that mixes cardio with resistance training.
1000% agree. From personal experience. experience with weight loss from 210 to 140lbs.
real struggle is keeping the weight below desired level. It keeps going up. Its easy to lose but really difficult to keep it down.
You guys seem trapped by the confines of your own ideologies.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5265 posts
541 upvotes
JamesK7400 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 12:33 pm
I know that I received a lot of valuable advice here, I read everything and I use the majority. That's why today I dropped 1 lbs!
I'm starting to think that OP is trolling.

OP, you didn't drop 1lb of body fat in a day *because of* the advice you received here. That's correlation.

It's NORMAL for body weight to fluctuate within a small range from day to day. Reasons for this include: food volume in gut/bowel, type of foods eaten (i.e. Carby, salty), stress, sleep quality, hormones, amount of sweating, water retention, etc. We aren't robots living in constant conditions and eating the exact same thing every day. If you're happy to have lost 1lb of water weight, more power to you though!
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5265 posts
541 upvotes
Again, it's not ALL food. Calorie intake is NOT the only thing affecting energy balance. You CAN lose fat just by reducing your intake and just sit on ur butt all day. But NEAT can significantly add to the deficit. The fat loss will not just come from food, but from NEAT as well. Besides, a healthy lifestyle involves regular movement and activity. People who purposely avoid activity when they don't have health issues preventing them from moving around likely aren't interested in overall health.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
3038 posts
278 upvotes
amz155 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:59 pm
I'm starting to think that OP is trolling.
I was thinking the same thing. I mean, he’s been tracking his weight for over 2 months, so he must be aware that day to day fluctuations are normal. But of course it must mean the supplements are working their magic if he’s down a single pound today. Coupled with the fact that he seems to be being deliberately vague about what he’s actually eating and taking. Yeah, something smells funny here. No matter though, there’s lots of good information in this thread that will still come in handy for anyone who searches the subject that is actually serious.
Mar 6, 2015
226 posts
511 upvotes
New Brunswick
I'm shedding pounds right now just sitting. I don't know why so many people struggle losing weight. It's as simple as drop and flush. I think I may have lost 2 pounds in 5 minutes! Can't argue with results like that.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
1096 posts
372 upvotes
Fat loss is 90% diet, 10% exercise Try a keto diet - it's gaining a lot of traction because you lose a lot weight easily and in a healthy way. Check out a podcast call "low carb md podcast"
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5265 posts
541 upvotes
jerrysiz wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 6:26 pm
I was thinking the same thing. I mean, he’s been tracking his weight for over 2 months, so he must be aware that day to day fluctuations are normal. But of course it must mean the supplements are working their magic if he’s down a single pound today. Coupled with the fact that he seems to be being deliberately vague about what he’s actually eating and taking. Yeah, something smells funny here. No matter though, there’s lots of good information in this thread that will still come in handy for anyone who searches the subject that is actually serious.
Good point...for anyone else that comes across the thread and wants actual good advice, there is good stuff here to read through.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5265 posts
541 upvotes
hierophant wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 12:41 am
Fat loss is 90% diet, 10% exercise Try a keto diet - it's gaining a lot of traction because you lose a lot weight easily and in a healthy way. Check out a podcast call "low carb md podcast"
Where did you get the 90/10 split? People just make up ratios about this topic lol. The split depends on context. If OP is totally sedentary, there is no 10% exercise. Being obese might make it hard to do ANY exercise. We don't know because the details have been vague ;)

OP is obese. He didn't become obese by following healthy and sustainable lifestyle choices. Trying keto isn't going to help him set up flexible and sustainable lifestyle habits. Keto isn't 'the healthy way'; there isn't just ONE healthy way to lose weight.

It's simple...OP hasn't been able to lose weight because he hasn't sustained a consistent calorie deficit long enough. He can reduce portions, reduce his eating window, avoid carbs, avoid foods that are white, avoid eating on Tuesdays and every second Saturday, avoid anything imported.....any tool used as a method of caloric intake restriction will impact the net 'bottom line' because it reduces caloric intake. Considering that OP is obese, some 'tools' might be more practical than others. The choice in what tool to use both short and long term needs to be easily sustainable and support a lifestyle that will help to prevent gaining weight back later.
[OP]
Jan 5, 2019
8 posts
2 upvotes
Today I weighed and got 306 lbs, so 2 pounds less. I know it can be water, I have had it so many times, that's why I wrote earlier that for a month I only lost 1 lbs of FAT. But this time I feel better physically and mentally, that's why I think this time it works. This time I really feel my diet.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
7922 posts
3786 upvotes
Toronto
lol this is such a troll. what a waste of time. let me guess, next he will shill his website where he lost all the weight..
[OP]
Jan 5, 2019
8 posts
2 upvotes
okay, I will just ignore the irony. today 0.5 pound less
[OP]
Jan 5, 2019
8 posts
2 upvotes
I have lost another 1 pound, supplements working well, I have to say that I am impressed a bit
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
7736 posts
4533 upvotes
Edmonton
My advice, based on your initial posts... Figure out your ACTUAL food intake. Yeah, that means reading nutritional information and weighing stuff. Life sucks, get used to it. I suspect you'll find that your 2500 calorie diet isn't really, by the time you figure it out over a week.

For me, I dropped 60 pounds in about 6 months, going from 220 down to 160. Part of that was picking up an activity (running), part of that was cleaning up my eating. Once you start tracking what you eat, you start thinking more about whether that double-double coffee in the morning is worth it.

I suspect your supplements are doing SFA. But if you think they're doing the job, knock yourself out.

C
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5265 posts
541 upvotes
JamesK7400 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 1:46 pm
I have lost another 1 pound, supplements working well, I have to say that I am impressed a bit
Working well...at doing what? If you're consuming less calories overall (regardless of the calories you get from the supplements), then of course you'll lose weight. What makes you think it has anything to do with the supplements?