Tags:
None
35 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
4249 posts
825 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Alvito wrote: I wonder if this is enough to meet the demand.
That's what I'm wondering. The coming shipments will probably be sold out just as quickly.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
2134 posts
191 upvotes
Canada
I'm not surprised...that was Sony's plan all along...build enough hype on their console...notifiy people that there will be a shortage....so that it'll sell like crazy and this way they will have an installed base of Blu-Ray customers. Just like Microsoft...the reason there was a 'shortage' of Xbox360s was the promotions they were running....BeFirstToPlay(Canada) and WinEvery10mins in the US....if they didn't give away so many consoles there wouldn't be a shortage....but build enough hype, claim shortages and people will go crazy trying to get their hands on the console.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2001
3426 posts
80 upvotes
Stop posting all these threads to drive down prices so you can get one for $1000.00 No-one is going to fall for it.
Heat 51-0-0

External links in signatures are not allowed except for Heatware and Ebay ratings.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
1537 posts
Thornhill ON
Mike71 wrote: Stop posting all these threads to drive down prices so you can get one for $1000.00 No-one is going to fall for it.
Seriously.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2004
1390 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
Mike71 wrote: Stop posting all these threads to drive down prices so you can get one for $1000.00 No-one is going to fall for it.
No one is falling for what? That idiot's were fished into buying a system at launch when there will be several more shipments from now until the end of the year? Anyone with brains will wait until there is more stock.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
1537 posts
Thornhill ON
a2vr6 wrote: No one is falling for what? That idiot's were fished into buying a system at launch when there will be several more shipments from now until the end of the year? Anyone with brains will wait until there is more stock.
No, the fact that this guy seems to be trying to get one for himself cheaper then what everyone is selling theirs for, and to do that he is posting a bunch of these threads.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2006
1190 posts
200 upvotes
wow, 8000 units...its still a shortage buddy...
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
2090 posts
Why would driving the prices down from a 400% mark up be a bad thing?I bought one for 1000$ And that is more than enough! look at ebay right now and they are selling for 1500$
Falling for what is fact?
sell you ps3 for you BIG BUCKS and move on.
Deal Guru
Oct 17, 2001
11978 posts
115 upvotes
I don't see the big deal anymore being a launch owner. You'll just be the one ending up with faulty units as the bugs are ironed out plus launch games SUCK. Sure it's nice to be one of the first to be smug about owning one but what does that get you in the end? Especially for something like the PS3 that does not keep a record of gamer/achievement points?

Many of us were the first few thousand to own a 360 last year (way before retail) and though it was cool to post in messageboards and taunt the natives, a year later I still question why I didn't just sell it and made a thousand bucks profit.

I've also had the PSP, snes, DS, Sega Saturn on launch day but after the 360, I'll hold off launches and wait for a price drop and a way better game library. If you look at your current console and consider all the games you haven't played yet, I think you'll get over the technolust eventually.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
1537 posts
Thornhill ON
sfu_lifer wrote: I don't see the big deal anymore being a launch owner. You'll just be the one ending up with faulty units as the bugs are ironed out plus launch games SUCK. Sure it's nice to be one of the first to be smug about owning one but what does that get you in the end? Especially for something like the PS3 that does not keep a record of gamer/achievement points?

Many of us were the first few thousand to own a 360 last year (way before retail) and though it was cool to post in messageboards and taunt the natives, a year later I still question why I didn't just sell it and made a thousand bucks profit.

I've also had the PSP, snes, DS, Sega Saturn on launch day but after the 360, I'll hold off launches and wait for a price drop and a way better game library. If you look at your current console and consider all the games you haven't played yet, I think you'll get over the technolust eventually.
Buy warranty where you buy it (ebgames, futureshop, bestuby, etc) and your more or less good, especially if it's an ebgames warranty.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7608 posts
7342 upvotes
How is this any different than a concert promoter announcing a 2nd date of tickets for a sold out show? Profiteers (and buyers) should be aware of a potential increase in supply.

This reminds me of when my sis got Mariah Carey tix over the summer. The show was sold out, and even my sis' nosebleed seats were fetching some ridiculous prices on eBay and craigslist. But once they announced a second show, all the re-selling hoopla died down considerably.

Granted, they're not doubling the output of PS3s, but the concept still applies to a smaller scale.
Banned
Jul 11, 2006
1245 posts
lmao @ all the PS3 resellers getting mad over this thread.

Looks like you guys were better off working part-time at McDonalds for the past two days. :lol:
Oct 2, 2006
93 posts
21 upvotes
Mississauga
thanks for informing. I'll save my extra cash for wii and some ps3 games.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2003
4250 posts
155 upvotes
Cambridge
Read the article carefully. There will be 4-5 more shipments but the TOTAL will only be the same as they had for the launch. That means the TOTAL will only be the same as the number already sold out. Don't fool yourself, these things will be scarce until next year.

I don't have a PS3 and I'm not getting one and I'm not selling one. I think paying over $1000 to have the latest toy is nuts. Show some patience and you will be rewarded.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5010 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver B.C.
I really don't get this thread...

The shortage has to do with supply vs. demand. There is a greater demand then can be easily satisfied with Sony's current ability to ship product. That doesn't mean that there won't continue to be weekly or bi-weekly shipments coming in from Sony.

PS3's won't be IMPOSSIBLE to get... just more difficult then say an XBox 360, which has already had its' major demand rush, and there is now regularily stock sitting on shelves.

People who buy from scalpers are just wanting to get the system quickly, and have FAR too much disposible income. People with a little patience can usually pick one up with a little effort within the first month or two.
Current DVD Burner Suggestion? Stick with Pioneer
Current suggested recordable media?
CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro, Verbatim Datalife+, Falcon Media Pro
DVD