• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2006 3:21 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
1760 posts
171 upvotes
I remember with the PS2 I was able to walk into the EB at Scarborough Town Centre 3 weeks after launch, and pick one up...I was looking to buy something else at another store but I spotted the distinctive blue box out of the corner of my eye and I was so thrilled :D . The demand for PS2s was ridiculous as well if some of you don't recall.
Oct 15, 2005
809 posts
4 upvotes
i don't understand why peopel are getting mad at this thread this news is being posted and talked about on every message board i have seen

but if it is true that sony fooled us into thinking that there was a shortage then wow just wow
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1477 posts
343 upvotes
bleeet wrote: i don't understand why peopel are getting mad at this thread this news is being posted and talked about on every message board i have seen

but if it is true that sony fooled us into thinking that there was a shortage then wow just wow
lol.. Everyone hates Sony so much right now.

There's a difference between Sony "fool[ing] us into thinking that there [is] a shortage" than people not paying attention to news and Sony press releases.

The weekly shipments post-launch isn't news at all. Sony has released official press statements saying this for at least 2 weeks now. People just didnt hear about it or forgot about it. It's not Sony's job to knock on everyone's door who wants a PS3 and tell you there will be weekly shipments. It's YOUR job to go on the internet and look for the information you want to find.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2004
3807 posts
757 upvotes
Vancouver
civ@uw wrote: O noes only $900 profit :rolleyes:
:lol: no need to roll your eyes
if you waited 30+ hours in cold rain weather, you'd be saying the same thing
plus $900 if you are lucky, ebay/paypal fees, if there is free shipping, if there is games added
lol probably $500~600 after lol
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1477 posts
343 upvotes
importpsycho wrote: :lol: no need to roll your eyes
plus $900 if you are lucky, ebay/paypal fees, if there is free shipping, if there is games added
But still, $500-600 is very good, and anyone who can turn a $600 profit on ANYTHING should be grateful. Suck it up and make some money before prices go down further.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2005
3243 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
importpsycho wrote: it's already showing
check out ebay, nothing's going over $2000, mostly ending around $1500
i've wasted my time :mad:
I wouldn't worry too much about it. What's going to be really ugly is after "Black Friday" next week when the Americans start shopping for Xmas. It comes down to who is going to blink first? :lol:
It's called "Google", use it before wasting my time. ;)

And yet another blog.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
1760 posts
171 upvotes
importpsycho wrote: :lol: no need to roll your eyes
Hmm...fair enough, I guess it's not that spectactular of a profit if you really aren't in need of the money.

Trying to unload PS3s seems like a real ***** TBQH.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2005
9916 posts
28 upvotes
If you can't handle the heat then why did you step into the fire of PS3? Man, some sellers wouldn't last 2 minutes as a speculator on Wall Street.
In Every Heart Red Strength, Our Hearts Are Many, Our Strength Your Envy
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2005
3243 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Anessa wrote: If you can't handle the heat then why did you step into the fire of PS3? Man, some sellers wouldn't last 2 minutes as a speculator on Wall Street.
LOL!!! I bought Apple's stock in '97 or '98 when a LOT of people said that the company was doomed. Got it at a post-split (twice) price of around US$6, it's now at US$85. :lol:

I'll sell my PS3 eventually but I'm going to wait until after Black Friday in order to see how the prices are going to go. I'm not going to lose any money because I know that one of my brothers wants one. :)

And yet another blog.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
1760 posts
171 upvotes
^
You're selling to your own brother for profit? :-0
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2005
3243 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
civ@uw wrote: ^
You're selling to your own brother for profit? :-0
Nah...just full retail. Like I said, I won't be losing any money on it. I'm also tempted to keep it... :confused:

And yet another blog.