Tags:
None
Feb 16, 2004
496 posts
155 upvotes
Vancouver

No Sound after Windows 10 upgrade

Hello,

I hope the RFD community can help me here. I've upgraded from Win7 to Win10 successfully last night, but just noticed there is no sound coming from the speakers. How do I fix the audio issue? Device Manager tells me I have the latest drivers and troubleshooting did not find anything.

Thanks in advance.

G
7 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
Take a screenshot of the "Sound" menu in the control panel. I bet you have the wrong device set as default.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
Try physically unplugging then replugging the device to the computer. If it's analog realtek it may require this to work.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8095 upvotes
OP it's either what alkizmo said or else you need to install the driver package for your sound card. From there you might have to change it from the front panel to the rear panel or vice versa.
Feb 16, 2004
496 posts
155 upvotes
Vancouver
rageking wrote: Try physically unplugging then replugging the device to the computer. If it's analog realtek it may require this to work.
Cool beans. This did the trick! Thanks a million my friend.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
2015 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
I've had this issue on two laptops also. I ended up having to reinstall the drivers from.the manufacturers website. I've heard this issue from a few others as well.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves". :twisted:

"There are those who make things happen. Those who watch things happen. And finally those who sit and wonder what the 'hell' happened!"
Banned
Mar 19, 2009
97 posts
14 upvotes
Montreal
turn off all sound enhancements from the sound menu.
Carpe Diem
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24227 posts
43254 upvotes
ONTARIO
OP has already fixed it, but I'm chiming in to say I also experienced a "no sound" issue on one of my laptops when I upgraded to Windows 10.
Had no issue on an ASUS RoG laptop I upgraded, but I ended up with no sound after I upgraded a Dell Vostro laptop.
Uninstalling the audio driver and installing one I got from the Dell website fixed the issue.