Fashion & Beauty

NOBIS Barry the 3rd - Ultimate Winter Coat!!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2016 2:07 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
25484 posts
3680 upvotes
Hamilton
Beradon wrote:
Dec 8th, 2011 4:11 pm
Maybe the counterfeit Nobis jackets don't have them? They must've forgotten to put them in! :cheesygri

Probably :(
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2910 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
preelude wrote:
Dec 8th, 2011 5:02 pm
Assuming you are also in GTA, I'd like to know what YOU wear when the temp is hovering near zero (1, 2 degrees... not to mention windchill factor)?

I wear my down MAYBE at night, but still too early to be wearing it during the day.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
25484 posts
3680 upvotes
Hamilton
Real world testing

For the Kato, you must wear a scarf with it.
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6418 posts
336 upvotes
GT'eh
So which nobis jackets have the vents? I swore they all did? This is making me reconsider my desision. I was leaning toward a Kato, Carter or Riley.
Ne0's Bio: ??? not 4 Sale
??? G@mer & t3<hy [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 90's
??? Member of IPTV +Spotify +CarWash groupbuys ???
??? Feedback: ??? eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
According to the Nobis website, only the Kato doesn't have pit zip vents. The Riley has them. I didn't see any model by the name of Carter on their site, unless you meant Cartel, which does have pit zip vents too.

Summary: Of their four heavy winter jackets, only the Kato does not have pit zip vents.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2004
1671 posts
44 upvotes
Mississauga
yao416 wrote:
Dec 9th, 2011 10:02 am
Real world testing

For the Kato, you must wear a scarf with it.

not just any scarf, it must be a Burberry scarf :lol:
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
25484 posts
3680 upvotes
Hamilton
preelude wrote:
Dec 9th, 2011 3:56 pm
not just any scarf, it must be a Burberry scarf :lol:

Lollol
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10076 posts
1165 upvotes
I've been wearing a Nobis Yatesy (Grey) color for about 4 days now, including a outing to cottage and I would like to write a mini review.

*note, have not try it in sub -20 temp, so that parts will have to come later*
**I will be making a lot of comparison with CG, as it's the brand I know the most**

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/5f17qq.jpg[/IMG]
That's me. trying a size Small at Showroom, I'm 5'8 139lb
Design: 4/5

I like the design, it's almost a male version of Trillium Jacket from CG, I like the design, (personally I think the images on the Nobis website is way off), I like the material cloth they use, it has a very textile feel to it, as oppose to the rubbery feel you have on CG.

there's no big noticeable white patch (but a black one), it's both a good or a bad depending on if you like the patch. The logo inside is nice, I love the interior material as it very soft to the touch. A completely different feel to CG, however, it remains to be seen if it's down proof.

when it comes to fake spotting, well, removable fur will make it hard, but the cloth texture is like no other. Feel it once and you won't forget

Functionality: 4.5/5
  • I find the armpit vent very useful, I used extensively while driving, to control the sweat, and it works very well.
  • I like the removable fur as well, although it might be very hard to spot fake.
  • it's said it is waterproof, tested it a bit, i find it no different than my cg, so i'm going to wait until the rain.
  • the internal 'belt' thing is a nice touch, i doubt i will never use it myself, but for someone out in extreme temp, it might be very useful

Price 3/5

MSRP: $880

you are paying an arm and a leg for this, Is it worth the price? No, I don't think any non-Canadian made jacket is worth that much. But if you can get it for 500-600 dollars price range. go for it, it's a great jacket.

last note, resell value is low comparing to CG, keep that in mind when you buy

Overall: 77%

It's definitely considered a replacement, if not better option than Canada Goose. If you a guy and look for something in-between Chateau and Expendition and don't want to go look for a rare CG, then this jacket is at least worth a try-on.

But the price range is surely a huge turn off. Especially when it's made in China.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2005
2266 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nice review on the Nobis Kingofwale
I was under the impression this whole time that Nobis was made in Canada and is competing with CG so to speak. I haven't tried one on myself yet. But that price point is quite scary. Something comparable to the Yatesy would be the CG Chateau. Even then you could get one $200 less.

How much is the Nobis bomber cost?
Heatware (6-0-0)

FS:
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10076 posts
1165 upvotes
PSiBeR wrote:
Dec 12th, 2011 11:27 pm
I was under the impression this whole time that Nobis was made in Canada and is competing with CG so to speak. I haven't tried one on myself yet. But that price point is quite scary. Something comparable to the Yatesy would be the CG Chateau. Even then you could get one $200 less.

I was told by the store exclusively selling Nobis that Nobis is started by the designer who made CG. (can't back it up, but it's undeniable that they are trying to compete).

I personally love the design and material used on Nobis, What I don't like is the price. They need to market it at the same price point as CG in order to steal market share.

P.S. it fits a bit longer than Chateau, it's more like the less popular Langford jacket.

Although not made in Canada doesn't seem to have much effect in term of built-quality, it's beautifully put together.

I got a great deal on it, so I am not complaining. :)
Nov 26, 2011
7 posts
Mississauga
PSiBeR wrote:
Dec 12th, 2011 11:27 pm

Are you talking about the Nobis Cartel Bomber?
It's $675 + tax
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1327 posts
126 upvotes
damn, just saw at like 5-6 people today wearing a nobis jacket

majority were girls tho :o

anyone else notice that when you wear a nobis cartel people who are rocking a canada goose stare at you thinking your rocking a fake goose or something