Fashion & Beauty

NOBIS Barry the 3rd - Ultimate Winter Coat!!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2016 2:07 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Thanks to ghostfacechilla for clearing that up since I don't own a Nobis (and thus can't verify their booklet) yet. Looks like another commendable thing Nobis is doing to go that extra mile by using not only a waterproof material, but also coating it with DWR. RUMOUR MILL: Nobis will make their jackets entirely out of that "magic sand" during the 2065-2066 season. Our grandkids are going to love it when they wear it in their flying cars and "mall jacket" it up in the future. ;)
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: Thanks to ghostfacechilla for clearing that up since I don't own a Nobis (and thus can't verify their booklet) yet. Looks like another commendable thing Nobis is doing to go that extra mile by using not only a waterproof material, but also coating it with DWR. RUMOUR MILL: Nobis will make their jackets entirely out of that "magic sand" during the 2065-2066 season. Our grandkids are going to love it when they wear it in their flying cars and "mall jacket" it up in the future. ;)

I just did a water test on my nobis, video up in 5 minutes.

:)
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: I was thinking of doing It but never mind.

lol, I'm doing my comparison jacket review anyway.

hmmm, maybe i should not have taken it under 1080P video. LOL

Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Nice! It's like in Terminator 2 when T-1000 gets blown to bits and reassembles itself... all that liquid metal coming together! :lol:
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
kingofwale wrote: lol, I'm doing my comparison jacket review anyway.

hmmm, maybe i should not have taken it under 1080P video. LOL

It's good enough quality! What's with the wiping at the end? Scared!? Lol jk.
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: Nice! It's like in Terminator 2 when T-1000 gets blown to bits and reassembles itself... all that liquid metal coming together! :lol:

Lol hahahaha.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: It's good enough quality! What's with the wiping at the end? Scared!? Lol jk.

Lol hahahaha.

lol, tried to follow CGFA's advice and "spoon" the bloody thing.

however, didn't really get the water off completely. I guess I would be better off to use a spoon. ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Needs more magic sand. :lol:

Out of curiosity, are you going to do a water test on your Chilliwack and/or Chateau too?
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: Needs more magic sand. :lol:

Out of curiosity, are you going to do a water test on your Chilliwack and/or Chateau too?

lol, maybe I should. give me about 10 minutes
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes

I made a mess. lol

had to do a retake because the first one's quality was horrible.

but you can clearly see. Water stained the jacket some of them was able to sip into the jacket and leaving an big water mark.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
That was a fantastic demonstration. That Chilliwack got obliterated compared to your Yatesy. Out of curiosity, are you the original owner, and was it ever drycleaned? The DWR is supposed to withstand being cleaned; I think the typical finish is 80/20 which means it still retains 80% of its water repellant properties even after 20 cycles. If a typical person drycleans their coat once a year (after winter is over), that's twenty years of good use out of the jacket.

I might have to test my own jackets, but kingofwale has just demonstrated is why it does not make sense for people to be wearing them in the rain, because not only will water wet the jacket, but rain exists when it's not even cold enough to wear the jackets. Walking around the city, five degrees above freezing, and you'll have a small percentage of people who still insist on wearing them. Also, getting the down fill soaked is a no-no.

Hope you hung up that Chilliwack to aerate/dry thoroughly!
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: That was a fantastic demonstration. That Chilliwack got obliterated compared to your Yatesy. Out of curiosity, are you the original owner, and was it ever drycleaned? The DWR is supposed to withstand being cleaned; I think the typical finish is 80/20 which means it still retains 80% of its water repellant properties even after 20 cycles. If a typical person drycleans their coat once a year (after winter is over), that's twenty years of good use out of the jacket.

I might have to test my own jackets, but kingofwale has just demonstrated is why it does not make sense for people to be wearing them in the rain, because not only will water wet the jacket, but rain exists when it's not even cold enough to wear the jackets. Walking around the city, five degrees above freezing, and you'll have a small percentage of people who still insist on wearing them. Also, getting the down fill soaked is a no-no.

first owner, bought it off Gear-up outdoor. never dry-washed although i really should have. LOL

one thing you do get from CG, is that there are no wrinkles. compares to the Nobis.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: That was a fantastic demonstration. That Chilliwack got obliterated compared to your Yatesy. Out of curiosity, are you the original owner, and was it ever drycleaned? The DWR is supposed to withstand being cleaned; I think the typical finish is 80/20 which means it still retains 80% of its water repellant properties even after 20 cycles. If a typical person drycleans their coat once a year (after winter is over), that's twenty years of good use out of the jacket.

So CG Is a no no In rain but a Nobis Is a yes yes?
kingofwale wrote: first owner, bought it off Gear-up outdoor. never dry-washed although i really should have. LOL

one thing you do get from CG, is that there are no wrinkles. compares to the Nobis.

Yeah my Cartel has minor creases but I don't find It bothersome at all as It's In the back part of the jacket. I left It In the plastic bag for too long and so yeah.. I'm scared ironing It would hurt It - Not even sure Ironing the jacket Is even safe or not haha.

Man that video you posted above Is a mess, Pee In the bathroom next time!
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: So CG Is a no no In rain but a Nobis Is a yes yes?

Yeah my Cartel has minor creases but I don't find It bothersome at all as It's In the back part of the jacket. I left It In the plastic bag for too long and so yeah.. I'm scared ironing It would hurt It - Not even sure Ironing the jacket Is even safe or not haha.

Man that video you posted above Is a mess, Pee In the bathroom next time!

lol, I KNEW someone would say that. ;) .

I made a really nice video of the first pouring, however, the video quality was set as super low rez. but yeah, it was a big mess.

but i think it's conclusive. if you have 2 jackets, and it's slightly raining outside, do NOT wear your goose.
Banned
Nov 24, 2011
247 posts
16 upvotes
CHARLESBOURG
Kingofwale, when should we expect your Chateau review? Excited to read it. Are you going to start a new thread for it or just add to an active one?
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
Direct pricing from those manufacturing facilities are crazy cheap. Though you need to know someone ;)

no pm's please.

But it's usually 60%-75% off at the manufacture's company store (before they send it to a retailer like the Bay)
Made in Canada.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
mapleleaf27 wrote: Kingofwale, when should we expect your Chateau review? Excited to read it. Are you going to start a new thread for it or just add to an active one?
Should be In this thread, The Nobis section!
wilsonlam97 wrote: Direct pricing from those manufacturing facilities are crazy cheap. Though you need to know someone ;)

no pm's please.

But it's usually 60%-75% off at the manufacture's company store (before they send it to a retailer like the Bay)
Made in Canada.

It's always like that. I would think you would need to know an employee that works there, But guess not?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)