Fashion & Beauty

NOBIS Barry the 3rd - Ultimate Winter Coat!!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2016 2:07 pm
Oct 26, 2009
412 posts
12 upvotes
Well increasing the price this year, but changing the manufacturer location to China. Doesn't really add up.

Now that you mention it. Theres an increase of sellers who are selling Nobis for like 500-550. Just look up nobis on kijiji.

Perhaps it could be because they found a way to directly purchase it from China manufacturers? instead of off a canadian manufacturer.

I heard a member on rfd, ghostfacechilla sells Nobis, perhaps he could clarify whether the ones he sells are made in Canada.
Nov 7, 2011
773 posts
34 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Yeah, NOBIS isn't bad at all. I like the Audrina jacket, but I ended up getting the CG Loro Piana.
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10372 posts
732 upvotes
Toronto
Any updates on where it's made? China or Canada. Also, where is the cheapest place to buy Nobis coats?
Oct 26, 2009
412 posts
12 upvotes
I quote from their facebook

Hey ! We are a completely different company than "you know who" haha :) . We currently have a blended production which means some of our jackets are manufactured in Canada and some in Asia. Many people have a misconception when they hear 'Asian Production" but let me assure you that since we are manufacturing in Asia this allows are jackets to be more technically sound than any other outerwear company out there! The factory we make our jackets at is top notch! :)

they were referring to you know who from Canada Goose btw.

I'm also selling a small grey nobis cartel bnwt, if anyones interested
Jun 19, 2005
771 posts
11 upvotes
whats the sizing like on the Barry compared to Canada Goose Chilliwack or Expedition?
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10016 posts
1028 upvotes
rotflol wrote:
Nov 13th, 2011 11:22 pm
I quote from their facebook

Hey ! We are a completely different company than "you know who" haha :) . We currently have a blended production which means some of our jackets are manufactured in Canada and some in Asia. Many people have a misconception when they hear 'Asian Production" but let me assure you that since we are manufacturing in Asia this allows are jackets to be more technically sound than any other outerwear company out there! The factory we make our jackets at is top notch! :)

they were referring to you know who from Canada Goose btw.

I'm also selling a small grey nobis cartel bnwt, if anyones interested

how is producing in Asian "more technically sound"??

and why are those jackets almost worth twice as much as "you know who" jacket? Sure you can argue that material is better, but is it 400 dollars better?
Oct 20, 2007
54 posts
4 upvotes
Montreal
How heavy/light are these jackets compared to CG?
Dec 26, 2007
579 posts
37 upvotes
magicdud wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2011 12:22 pm
How heavy/light are these jackets compared to CG?

not too noticeable a difference in terms of weight IMO
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2910 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
If I'm paying 400+ I prefer the jacket to be made in Canada. Yes being made in asia is not always bad thing, but just piece of mind for myself.
Oct 20, 2007
54 posts
4 upvotes
Montreal
Heads up if you are looking to get a Nobis, luello.com has 15% off for Thanksgiving (23-24). Free shipping as well. Also, if you live outside of Quebec, you only pay 5% tax. Only negative point is that the prices are in USD, but I'm still jumping on the Kato! :razz:
Jun 6, 2007
546 posts
29 upvotes
"I've been repeated told by different salespeople that these jackets are the next big thing. "

LOL!
Dec 24, 2010
62 posts
3 upvotes
toronto
They need to make a bulletproof version...lol. Waterproof, windproof, bulletproof!
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1310 posts
106 upvotes
bought a cartel recently. id say its way better then gooses in terms of overall quality
Dec 9, 2007
164 posts
1 upvote
Newmarket
just got a cartel and its definitly+1 over a chilliwack fit and finish is top notch !