Fashion & Beauty

NOBIS Barry the 3rd - Ultimate Winter Coat!!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2016 2:07 pm
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10079 posts
1183 upvotes
khmervizionz wrote:
Nov 24th, 2011 10:00 pm
just got a cartel and its definitly+1 over a chilliwack fit and finish is top notch !

were they onsale? why are people all buying them at once?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
46872 posts
4871 upvotes
Toronto
epik89 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2011 9:19 pm
bought a cartel recently. id say its way better then gooses in terms of overall quality
khmervizionz wrote:
Nov 24th, 2011 10:00 pm
just got a cartel and its definitly+1 over a chilliwack fit and finish is top notch !
kingofwale wrote:
Nov 24th, 2011 10:03 pm
were they onsale? why are people all buying them at once?

Cartel was the one I was looking at, If there's a sale on them let me know!

I'd say people are looking Into Nobis because so many people have CG's now.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10079 posts
1183 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 24th, 2011 10:05 pm
Cartel was the one I was looking at, If there's a sale on them let me know!

just find it strange that everyone is buying this brand.

at those price ranges, there are tons of choices. And some of the brands do go on sales from time to time. (not to mention tomorrow is black friday)
May 30, 2011
12 posts
2 upvotes
toronto
kingofwale wrote:
Nov 24th, 2011 10:09 pm
just find it strange that everyone is buying this brand.

at those price ranges, there are tons of choices. And some of the brands do go on sales from time to time. (not to mention tomorrow is black friday)
Guys Grafic-online.com has them at 40% off all weekend. Just got the berry mens parka! Way better than CG!

k.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
zer0state wrote:
Nov 24th, 2011 10:40 pm
Guys Grafic-online.com has them at 40% off all weekend. Just got the berry mens parka! Way better than CG!

I think they're gone already. I checked that site this morning and the Nobis link was active. I checked it again this afternoon and the Nobis link was no longer active.
Way better than CG!
id say its way better then gooses in terms of overall quality
I'm intrigued by Nobis, but gotta love posts like these from people who will immediately jump to the next big trend and boast about how it one-ups their former favourite without going into detail about exactly WHY it is specifically so. You can expect that once Nobis popularity explodes a couple of years or two from now, these people will be looking to jump ship away from Nobis and onto the next big thing. You guys are real pioneers... I commend your blind fanatic efforts. I'll stick to my less expensive, just as overkill for southern Canadian winters, made domestically Canada Goose in this particular instance. Just to show I'm not defending CG, if I ever found a company that offered an equivalent or better product at a lower price point, I'm switching for THOSE reasons.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
46872 posts
4871 upvotes
Toronto
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 3:42 pm
I think they're gone already. I checked that site this morning and the Nobis link was active. I checked it again this afternoon and the Nobis link was no longer active.

I'm intrigued by Nobis, but gotta love posts like these from people who will immediately jump to the next big trend and boast about how it one-ups their former favourite without going into detail about exactly WHY it is specifically so. You can expect that once Nobis popularity explodes a couple of years or two from now, these people will be looking to jump ship away from Nobis and onto the next big thing. You guys are real pioneers... I commend your blind fanatic efforts. I'll stick to my less expensive, just as overkill for southern Canadian winters, made domestically Canada Goose in this particular instance. Just to show I'm not defending CG, if I ever found a company that offered an equivalent or better product at a lower price point, I'm switching for THOSE reasons.
I like your name!
Nov 10, 2011
138 posts
MARKHAM
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 3:42 pm

so agree...people immediately start to hate CG because 'everyone' has them...bandwagoners ftl
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2569 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto
Do you think maybe the reason why they moved their productions to China is because of the strict law against animal cruelty in Canada and the obvious cheaper labor? I've seen videos of fur manufacturing factories in China and its quite sickening. Skinning animals while their still alive :(

on a side note, i've seen a increase of popularity in nobis jackets. Not a bad CG alternative imo
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
123kty wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 11:19 pm
so agree...people immediately start to hate CG because 'everyone' has them...bandwagoners ftl
BANDWAGONERS... that's the word I was trying to find. Thanks. :)
congeetime wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 11:55 pm
Do you think maybe the reason why they moved their productions to China is because of the strict law against animal cruelty in Canada and the obvious cheaper labor? I've seen videos of fur manufacturing factories in China and its quite sickening. Skinning animals while their still alive :(

Saw the Joaquin Phoenix narrated animal cruelty documentary called "Earthlings" where they showed graphic examples of skinning (amongst other practices). Have you guys wandered over to the CG page on Facebook recently? Anti-fur proponents have been blindly attacking the company based on the following coyote-trapping video:

http://vimeo.com/17778010

Note the parody Arctic Program disc pasted in the top corner of the video. For all we know, these coyote clips could have just been from random amateur hunting video, but with the CG-esque logo slapped on there by some vindictive pro-life anti-CG person for the purpose of making propaganda so that suddenly the ignorant sheep watching the clip think that's how CG is acquiring their furs. There's absolutely nothing in that video that suggests Canada Goose shot that footage or goes about their procurement of fur in the demonstrated manner.

Sometimes animal rights people and those who support them (ie - the Facebookers) are just as blind, idiotic, and quick to judge as those who actually ARE cruel to animals.

Until proof is provided that the clips in that video are in some way tied to Canada Goose, I have absolutely no problem with their use of fur, and nobody should.
congeetime wrote:
Nov 25th, 2011 11:55 pm
on a side note, i've seen a increase of popularity in nobis jackets. Not a bad CG alternative imo
Not a bad alternative indeed, and might even be "higher quality" according to some vague blanket praise given by various bandwagoners here that could actually be valid if only they explained why in detail with good photos, but an alternative for me personally should be competitive in price especially for a newish company. Nobis seems to be in a price category one step higher than CG. However, their website is excellent and their female model is just gorgeous and reminds me of a former coworker who looked like her. :cheesygri
Jul 26, 2011
416 posts
41 upvotes
Im looking for the Riley by Nobis.

I don't like the big jackets they look too weird to me.

Does anybody know where I can get one at a discounted price? I checked luello and grafic-online and they are not there.
Sep 14, 2005
604 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
BlackMamba08 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2011 7:29 pm
Im looking for the Riley by Nobis.

I don't like the big jackets they look too weird to me.

Does anybody know where I can get one at a discounted price? I checked luello and grafic-online and they are not there.

Pm'd
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
25493 posts
3693 upvotes
Hamilton
Wow. The Kato is a sick jacket. How much are they running for?

Why I see some for $500 and some for $800

Ffffuuu
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
3604 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
Higher price the better. I want people to know I'm a baller.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
25493 posts
3693 upvotes
Hamilton
just bought the Kato, very sick looking jacket.
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM