Fashion & Beauty

NOBIS Barry the 3rd - Ultimate Winter Coat!!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2016 2:07 pm
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13891 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto
1 week update: I received a call from a nobis rep today around 1 pm. My jacket was sent to nobis for repair. The fabric on the part that was pilling will most likely be replaced and if it starts to pill again anywhere on the jacket, I am welcomed to bring it back in for repair again.. The only thing that bothers me is the "most likely be replaced," which leaves me wondering if they will actually replace the pilling part or just shave it.. I'll find out in 2 weeks since it takes up to 3 weeks for the whole warranty process.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2975 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
That is good they will keep shaving it down till the fabric is see through....well at least they are doing something about it
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6334 posts
740 upvotes
Toronto
trixstar wrote: 1 week update: I received a call from a nobis rep today around 1 pm. My jacket was sent to nobis for repair. The fabric on the part that was pilling will most likely be replaced and if it starts to pill again anywhere on the jacket, I am welcomed to bring it back in for repair again.. The only thing that bothers me is the "most likely be replaced," which leaves me wondering if they will actually replace the pilling part or just shave it.. I'll find out in 2 weeks since it takes up to 3 weeks for the whole warranty process.
It would suck if they don't replace it
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
For Jimboski... I saw some of the new 2012-2013 "premium poly/wool" Nobis jackets earlier this evening. Didn't try them on... was only passing through and felt up the material to try and differentiate it from the standard shell.

I have no idea where I am going with this story. :lol:
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50592 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
Havo wrote: It would suck if they don't replace it
+1, I have a feeling they won't though, Lol.
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: For Jimboski... I saw some of the new 2012-2013 "premium poly/wool" Nobis jackets earlier this evening. Didn't try them on... was only passing through and felt up the material to try and differentiate it from the standard shell.

I have no idea where I am going with this story. :lol:
Lol. Should have just tried It on!
It's different from Crosshatch and feel that It's LESS prone to pilling because It Isn't stitched or sewn like the Crosshatch material.
Sep 14, 2005
604 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
trixstar wrote: 1 week update: I received a call from a nobis rep today around 1 pm. My jacket was sent to nobis for repair. The fabric on the part that was pilling will most likely be replaced and if it starts to pill again anywhere on the jacket, I am welcomed to bring it back in for repair again.. The only thing that bothers me is the "most likely be replaced," which leaves me wondering if they will actually replace the pilling part or just shave it.. I'll find out in 2 weeks since it takes up to 3 weeks for the whole warranty process.
To me it sounds like either they will replace the material or give you a new coat.
Jun 24, 2008
125 posts
35 upvotes
Markham
how much do you guys think i can get, if i were to sell my nobis kato? Pretty much brand new, only wore it a couple of times.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50592 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
j27wu wrote: how much do you guys think i can get, if i were to sell my nobis kato? Pretty much brand new, only wore it a couple of times.
Which season?

BNWT 2012/2013 Kato my price is $650.. If your tags are off and used like you said then It should be under $600 easily but that doesn't mean It'll sell for $600 and what not.
Also having high BST feedback If you're selling here should get you more customers compared to people with 0 feedback.
Jun 24, 2008
125 posts
35 upvotes
Markham
Jimboski wrote: Which season?

BNWT 2012/2013 Kato my price is $650.. If your tags are off and used like you said then It should be under $600 easily but that doesn't mean It'll sell for $600 and what not.
Also having high BST feedback If you're selling here should get you more customers compared to people with 0 feedback.
Its actually last seasons. I was thinking of down sizing. Thanks for the info Jimboski!
Nov 27, 2006
159 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
I've been searching for a good winter jacket for a while. I think I'm going to get a Nobis in the end (did quite a bit of research before making the decision; never knew winter jackets can be so technical lol). Never had interest in CG or MK because of how they look; Nobis looks great though IMO. I heard there were people in this thread that can offer a better price than retail? I'd love to get a discounted Nobis.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13891 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto
Update from Nobis:

unfortunately they will not fix the pilling issue because it is not severe enough. They are shipping it back to the store and I should get it back near the end of this week or the beginning of next week. I stressed to her that I didn't pay $750 for this jacket and expect that it started pilling after 2 weeks of light use. She said she has no control over the warranty and that I could ship it back when it gets really bad so they can determine whether to repair or replace it. Nobis doesn't consider minor problems to be problems at all

oh well. I kinda wish I bought a CG now. Never buying or recommending Nobis again
Dec 20, 2012
2 posts
MONTR
I purchased a Nobis Yatesy and it started to pill after one week (near the arm area). It's not that bad, but considering I only wore it 4 times in that week, I don't know how bad it will get... Also, I am not sure about how practical the Nobis hood on the Yatesy is. If you fully zip the coat, you can not just pop the hood on your head. You always have to unzip your coat until the neck line and then you can pop the hood on. Maybe I just have a really long neck or big head...

Not recommending this brand (especially any crosshatch coat and the Yatesy)

Pilling after wearing Nobis Yatesy 4 times (near the arm area)
[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/111quzq.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13891 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto
SuperSoldier wrote: I purchased a Nobis Yatesy and it started to pill after one week (near the arm area). It's not that bad, but considering I only wore it 4 times in that week, I don't know how bad it will get... Also, I am not sure about how practical the Nobis hood on the Yatesy is. If you fully zip the coat, you can not just pop the hood on your head. You always have to unzip your coat until the neck line and then you can pop the hood on. Maybe I just have a really long neck or big head...

Not recommending this brand (especially any crosshatch coat and the Yatesy)

Pilling after wearing Nobis Yatesy 4 times (near the arm area)
I suffered the same problem. Only wore it a few times as well. The customer service from nobis really does suck. It takes them 3 weeks just to look at it and tell you to come back next time.

I just noticed that after i received the jacket back from nobis, the nobis logo on the front pocket is missing paint..

[IMG]http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8025/img8108g.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6334 posts
740 upvotes
Toronto
So much for their customer service... sucks that the scratched up your tag as well.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2975 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
Wow quality of jacket is pretty ***** . So product sucks and customer services sucks. Jimbo u should stop pushing these jackets and get some better inventory

Everybody back on the CG wagon, I will lead the way > :(

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)