Fashion & Beauty

NOBIS Barry the 3rd - Ultimate Winter Coat!!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2016 2:07 pm
Jan 31, 2016
3 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
I agree, the outer shell on the Yatesi is not that tough and abrasive resistant. Even though my jacket is new there are loose threads a few places. I am even questioning the waterproofness, it's hard to believe it will repel water over extended period of time. Overall, it's exterior feels very fragile! However, it's soft and comfortable! Like a down duvet....

Did anyone try it during extended rain? They say it's even seam sealed.

http://sympatex.com/en/laminate/226/test-methods
Dec 22, 2016
2 posts
hello, my name is Roberto and I write from Italy, I wanted to ask you a question: I just bought a nobis yatesy jacket, and after I read this thread, I wanted to see if I bought an old model that could have defects, or other materials sorry for language, the jacket that I bought has a metal plate in the front as in the photo on page 25 of the discussion I hope to make myself understood, thanks to all.
Images
  • nobis.jpg
  • nobis.jpg
Nov 9, 2015
17 posts
Scotland
Small or Large question about the Yatesy, does the sizing run small or large? I have a XL Cartel and a L Canada Goose Citadel, for reference.

Now i have some money to burn after Christmas, i was thinking about snagging a Yatesy, Canada Goose Wyndham or a Langford.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
DownJacketFan wrote: Small or Large question about the Yatesy, does the sizing run small or large? I have a XL Cartel and a L Canada Goose Citadel, for reference.

Now i have some money to burn after Christmas, i was thinking about snagging a Yatesy, Canada Goose Wyndham or a Langford.
How do you layer under? Yatesy is awesome IMO love mine. Very clean elegant design and that magnetic flap is freaking awesome.
Nov 9, 2015
17 posts
Scotland
X24Secret wrote: How do you layer under? Yatesy is awesome IMO love mine. Very clean elegant design and that magnetic flap is freaking awesome.
Thanks.

Usually with a just a T-Shirt but sometimes with a medium jumper or sometimes athletic Nike top. Im a 44 inch chest if that helps, i was thinking about a XL?

Ive got the Magnets on my cartel and they freaking rock, with the pit zips as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
I think for 44 XL would be safer. The jacket runs a bit on the larger side but not overly. Realistically you should be OK with an L as Yatesy does run slightly bigger but I'd say get the XL for peace of mind and in case of future 'expansion' haha. The biggest difference between XL and L is actually in the sleeves I feel.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)