Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

2 Years Enhanced Dynamic DNS for $35 US

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2015 8:19 pm
May 24, 2012
255 posts
327 upvotes
Gatineau, Qc

2 Years Enhanced Dynamic DNS for $35 US

Deal Link:
Price:
$35 US
Savings:
~12.5%
Expiry:
May 26, 2015
NOIP is having a Memorial Day promotion that expires on 26 May 2015

use coupon: MAY2435

you can also take the survey and save $5 more

The service is normally $19.95 US, so it is not that hot, but if you add the survey money, then you have a good deal. I have been with them on the free service for 3 years now and I am really considering jumping on this.
I used to be with DynDNS, until they got greedy.

Here are the specs for the Enhanced:

Hate confirming your account? With Enhanced, hosts no longer require confirmation every 30 days
Use up to 25 host names
Hosts never expire
80+ domain options
Remove advertisements from masked web redirects
Less impacted domains to choose from
Offline settings
Email and phone support
11 replies
Dec 2, 2004
84 posts
26 upvotes
If you have smaller requirements and only need a few host names there is http://duckdns.org/
I have been using them for about a year and I've been very happy... You can't beat free.
Cheers, Cos.
Apr 28, 2008
220 posts
83 upvotes
I don't think you can stack coupons.

You can also use the code above to renew for 1 year only.
Aug 21, 2013
301 posts
312 upvotes
Kitchener
C0SM0S-- wrote: If you have smaller requirements and only need a few host names there is http://duckdns.org/
I have been using them for about a year and I've been very happy... You can't beat free.
Cheers, Cos.
+1 to duckdns, it just works
May 24, 2012
255 posts
327 upvotes
Gatineau, Qc
C0SM0S-- wrote: If you have smaller requirements and only need a few host names there is http://duckdns.org/
Cheers, Cos.
Free service is always appreciated. NOIP also has a free service. It is limited to 3 host names and must confirm every month. For basic users, the UI is intuitive enough to get people to set up an IP for their machines that sit behind a dynamic IP.

I will give DUCKDNS a try, thanks @COSMOS
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
Just a reminder to everyone that you can get a VPN service (Which comes with a side dish of DSN) for about 30$/year.

I'm not saying it's better to buy VPN, but if you do consider getting a VPN service, take this into consideration before buying a DNS only service.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
The main reason to use no-ip.com is that it is the only free service supported by some routers and IP cams. The monthly confirmation to keep it active is a pain, since the routers were not designed to do that.

If you don't care about that, there are plenty of free services that work just fine. http://www.ChangeIP.com offers free DDNS that you don't have to re-confirm at all, and http://freedns.afraid.org offers DDNS that only has to be used at least once every 6 months to stay active.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2005
1740 posts
544 upvotes
Toronto
alkizmo wrote: Just a reminder to everyone that you can get a VPN service (Which comes with a side dish of DSN) for about 30$/year.

I'm not saying it's better to buy VPN, but if you do consider getting a VPN service, take this into consideration before buying a DNS only service.
This isn't a DNS location masking service. It's DDNS.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
with duckdns u can surf pandora and view blackout nba gametime games? hows the speeds
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
mmmken wrote: This isn't a DNS location masking service. It's DDNS.
Wooopsie daisy.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
mikka1989 wrote: with duckdns u can surf pandora and view blackout nba gametime games? hows the speeds
Like mmmken said, this thread is about Dynamic DNS (DDNS), not DNS unblocking services. DDNS is what you use when you want to remotely access your home server using a url like "myhouse.noip.com" instead of a changing numeric IP address. For unblocking DNS services for accessing Pandora and blacked-out games etc., see comparing-u-s-dns-unblocking-services-1454278/
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2286 posts
1043 upvotes
BC
mikka1989 wrote: with duckdns u can surf pandora and view blackout nba gametime games? hows the speeds
See the post right above yours. "This isn't a DNS location masking service. It's DDNS."

This is typically used for accessing networking devices remotely for a device on a private/dynamic IP. For example, Telus changed their networks the other night, causing both my routers to change IP addresses. If I want to access my router's from work or devices behind those routers, it's easier for me to remember "nas.myname.com" or "router.myname.com" than having to go home and find out what the new IP is. For the clients that need to connect to a server inside my home, behind the router, it takes dyn.com like 2 minutes to detect the IP change and the client PC's reconnect back to my server because they are configured for "router.myname.com" rather than x.x.x.x IP. It's really a time saver service so that you don't need to reconfigure X amount of devices when your IP address changes, which can happen periodically on residential DSL or cable. I think a static IP is $2-$10/mo or requires a business plan for Shaw/Telus.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)