Cell Phones

Nokia Lumia 920, 820, and 620 Windows Phone 8

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2013 9:36 am
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
3668 posts
567 upvotes
I've taken some night shots with s friend's 920, the pictures show lots of light but they are either out of focus or too soft or blurry. I could not get a single decent one compared to other phones.

I am starting to think Nokia screwed this up, I read this may be due to software, I am not convinced this is just software, the blur at least doesn't sound like software. I hope I am wrong.
The note 2 is looking more and more appealing with all these Microsoft-Nokia f#$& ups...

Cheers,
Deal Addict
May 27, 2008
1402 posts
217 upvotes
Thornhill
Cress wrote: I've taken some night shots with s friend's 920, the pictures show lots of light but they are either out of focus or too soft or blurry. I could not get a single decent one compared to other phones.

I am starting to think Nokia screwed this up, I read this may be due to software, I am not convinced this is just software, the blur at least doesn't sound like software. I hope I am wrong.
The note 2 is looking more and more appealing with all these Microsoft-Nokia f#$& ups...

Cheers,
That's why I am curious for these past few days, I just wanted to get some feedback so I know it is not really my lack of technique / improper use of the camera?
But rather just the hardware itself is lacking.
Like Octanechicken said, it seems they are look into the photo quality problem? But I agree, this does not seem like a software rendering issue.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
1065 posts
111 upvotes
Halifax
does any windows 8 phone do handWriting?
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
3668 posts
567 upvotes
Not that I know off ... check out the note 2 if you like Android.
RandomCDN wrote: does any windows 8 phone do handWriting?
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2006
1460 posts
338 upvotes
loopholez wrote: 4) Are we going to get Whatsapp again ~_~? It was pulled off just before I got the phone this past week.
I think the whatapps app is back since mine updated 2 days ago.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8312 posts
1901 upvotes
Ontario
OctaneChicken wrote: I think the whatapps app is back since mine updated 2 days ago.
Is this a NEW revision of the WP8 release? The developers are still using the stupid volume control to have it always on instead of properly writing the code that I'm sure MS provides (other apps do it differently). Do you know if there are any changes with this?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2005
1124 posts
344 upvotes
Cress wrote: I've taken some night shots with s friend's 920, the pictures show lots of light but they are either out of focus or too soft or blurry. I could not get a single decent one compared to other phones.

Cheers,
loopholez wrote: That's why I am curious for these past few days, I just wanted to get some feedback so I know it is not really my lack of technique / improper use of the camera?
But rather just the hardware itself is lacking.
Like Octanechicken said, it seems they are look into the photo quality problem? But I agree, this does not seem like a software rendering issue.

http://www.wpcentral.com/nokia-improves ... comparison
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2006
1460 posts
338 upvotes
onlineharvest wrote: Is this a NEW revision of the WP8 release? The developers are still using the stupid volume control to have it always on instead of properly writing the code that I'm sure MS provides (other apps do it differently). Do you know if there are any changes with this?
It's the WP8 version. Not sure on the other details.
http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/12/ ... s-phone-8/
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8312 posts
1901 upvotes
Ontario
OctaneChicken wrote: It's the WP8 version. Not sure on the other details.
http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/12/ ... s-phone-8/
Yup, thanks.
People have been using this version of Whatsapp with mixed results. I certainly never noticed the app as being a battery hog on my iPhone.
I've been so far lucky and haven't noticed the kind of battery drain ppl are experiencing with this app.

However, Rogers' L920 have been more fortunate on this end for some reason, based on what I read over at WP Central
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8312 posts
1901 upvotes
Ontario
How are people liking their WP8 device? Personally, I'm loving the difference in interface.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8312 posts
1901 upvotes
Ontario
OctaneChicken wrote: Did you update the phone yet? Update was apparently out 4 days ago. I just went to phone settings>Phone Update>Check for updates and it found the new one. Trying to install it now.
http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-575595 ... rformance/
Interesting. At first I thought you were referring to the 'Portico' update from days ago. (which I got the same day it was released)
My battery was good, after the update is was fantastic.

I just went to the phone update screen and saw another update. 8.0.10211.204
I wonder what that addresses? I just saw it this AM. Installing now.

Edit: didn't take very long and I already had the same version number installed. Wonder if it was a small cumulative patch.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4311 posts
443 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
onlineharvest wrote: How are people liking their WP8 device? Personally, I'm loving the difference in interface.
Got my 920 a few days ago. So far I'm pretty happy with it, especially the camera and having Nokia Drive handy, especially when traveling without a data connection.

I do have a few qualms:
- app selection...mainly because there are some apps in iOS and Android that don't have a WP8 version or replacement
- Nokia maps and Nokia Drive integration -- there doesn't seem to be a way to search on maps, then navigate with the drive app (EDIT: nvm, it's there)
- multitasking in WP8 takes some time to get used to
- the flat ends of the 920 aren't the most comfortable to hold
- the search button could be used for something like bringing up swipe-up menus (yes, android user here)

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my phone. I may get a cheap android tablet in the future to make up for the lack of some apps.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4311 posts
443 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
I would have expected Rogers to get the entire colour lineup =/
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2006
1460 posts
338 upvotes
ceraf wrote: I would have expected Rogers to get the entire colour lineup =/
It's odd because the only one they're missing is the cyan.... unless bell?¿?
Oct 7, 2012
60 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Nokia Lumia 920 should return to Nokia as the acclaim but also open up the market for Microsoft's operating system Windows 8 Lumia 920 is significantly better than a smart phone in the Lumia 900, which was released in April, because Nokia has built into it a couple of their own hardware and software solutions that are absent in the model Lumia 900th.

no external links within signatures besides those approved by RFD

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)