None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1896 posts
22 upvotes

Nokia phone help

hey guys,

I recently bought a Nokia 6275i and i am told that you cant have custom ringtones. But i was reading some of the customer reviews on some sites and they said you can always work around it and make it work. Does anyone know how to do that? The built in ones are wayy tooo cheesy for me!Thanks!
5 replies
Banned
Nov 29, 2005
4853 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
you can "ADD" custom tones to your phone, no one sad you can not. The only CATCH is you actually have to PAY for them ie: purchase them from your carriers selection of Rigntone offerings on their WAP site. A lot of people are so used to getting ringtones for FREE, which they should have been paying for ALL THIS TIME, it FEELS like the carrier is ripping them off, but in fact, they were ripping off the carrier all this time, and now reality is biting them in the @$$.

Tough break I say.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30119 posts
4772 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Can't you connect your phone to your computer? You can upload MP3s etc to the memory and use it as a ring tone.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1896 posts
22 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Sep 5th, 2007 8:56 pm
Can't you connect your phone to your computer? You can upload MP3s etc to the memory and use it as a ring tone.
apparently you cant do that for this phone.....stupid Bell!
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
2997 posts
761 upvotes
GTA
Actually, you can customize your ringtones using mp3.

What it requires though is a program called Diego 3.08.

Diego is an unlocking tool which is capable of doing endless things to your phone. It basically unlocks any feature you can think of.

The catch?

1. It voids your warranty with Bell & Nokia.
2.There is a slight chance your phone will not boot back up (but come back to Bell and be like "MY PHONE AINT WORKING !" :cheesygri )
3. If Bell finds out (only way though is if your bragging about it to the employee's) they have a right to cancel your contract. Which can be cool because I don't think they will charge you the 300-400 disconnecting fee ;)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6167 posts
808 upvotes
Yes, ADRiiAN is right. Same phone but with Virgin: I modified the phone firmware with Diego and then created a custom MP3 which I uploaded to the phone through a CA-53 cable. Works fine.