Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

NomadPlus Pre-Order $19.50 + FS (adds a 1500mAh battery to any Apple USB wall plug)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2014 9:52 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA

NomadPlus Pre-Order $19.50 + FS (adds a 1500mAh battery to any Apple USB wall plug)

Deal Link:
Price:
$19.50
Savings:
50% off
Source: http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/nomad ... e-battery/

Product Link: http://www.hellonomad.com/products/nomadplus

Use promo code “nomadplus” at checkout for $19.50 discount.

"NomadPlus is an innovative 2-in-1 charging solution. Ideal for travel, it adds a 1500mAh battery to any Apple USB wall plug – and it can charge any smartphone or other USB powered devices. NomadPlus packs enough power to charge your phone 70% after you unplug it from the wall."
Quoted from http://www.hellonomad.com/products/nomadplus

Ships November 30th, 2014.
23 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10060 posts
12664 upvotes
Toronto
I received this email on 30/07/14:

Hey ,
As a Nomad insider, you’re the first to know about the new product we’re launching this week. I think it'll be the perfect addition to your minimal everyday carry!
Click here to find out more and use the code “nomadplus” in the next 72 hours for 50% off our new product.
Keep charging,
Chloe

http://www.hellonomad.com/products/nomadplus?

Pre-order now for release date of 30/11/14
Images
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
18005 posts
7034 upvotes
Toronto
I am not trying to threadcrap this, but I am not sure if I see the benefit of this as this implies that you have to have the charger connected to the phone to juice the battery. Why not just get a case with a additional battery attached to it? It may add bulk, but you don't have cords attached to the device to keep it powered up.

Can someone explain to me some scenarios where this adaptor could be helpful? It obviously was created for a purpose but I don't really see it. Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
it's an over priced external portable battery - 1500mah, you can get 10x the juice for the same price or same amount for a fraction of the price... another barely useful, over-priced crap from nomad.

hightech wrote: I am not trying to threadcrap this, but I am not sure if I see the benefit of this as this implies that you have to have the charger connected to the phone to juice the battery. Why not just get a case with a additional battery attached to it? It may add bulk, but you don't have cords attached to the device to keep it powered up.

Can someone explain to me some scenarios where this adaptor could be helpful? It obviously was created for a purpose but I don't really see it. Thanks.
Oct 23, 2012
418 posts
146 upvotes
Montreal
hightech wrote: I am not trying to threadcrap this, but I am not sure if I see the benefit of this as this implies that you have to have the charger connected to the phone to juice the battery. Why not just get a case with a additional battery attached to it? It may add bulk, but you don't have cords attached to the device to keep it powered up.

I used to have one of those cases (mophie juice pack air). The case was bulky and heavy.
Some people prefer to use a slimmer case or no case at all.

BTW the capacity of OP's battery is 1500 mah (same as an iphone 5/5c/5s).
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21213 posts
6983 upvotes
GTA
If the battery capacity is 1,500 mAh and the iPhone 5S that they are using to make the 70% charge claim, is 1,440 mAh, what's the efficiency of the extra 1,500 mAh battery?
Mar 27, 2003
173 posts
83 upvotes
Montreal
i think this is meant for people who carry the cube charger around with them, not portable battery packs. the idea being that once you insert the cube into this thing, itll serve both as a USB charger AND a portable battery pack. i find it's similar in concept to the plugbug from twelvesouth that adds a USB port to the standard macbook charging block.

I agree that $40 for 1500mAh isnt very economical but I find most of the $40 premium is being paid for the convenience of only having to carry a single device that can serve 2 critical functions. I already have the chargecard in my wallet at all times so with this thing im hoping ill never need to worry about running out of juice again, whether on a 2-3 day business trip or a 2 week vacation.

just my 2 cents
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
think it's useless... why have portable battery if you already carry around a/c adapter... you can only use one at a time - if you carry both around anyway, you can get a more powerful portable battery, and charge the battery if needed using the same adapter, just a different USB cable... so you end up carrying an extra usb cable, but have a much more powerful battery for emergencies.
spacehog wrote: i think this is meant for people who carry the cube charger around with them, not portable battery packs. the idea being that once you insert the cube into this thing, itll serve both as a USB charger AND a portable battery pack. i find it's similar in concept to the plugbug from twelvesouth that adds a USB port to the standard macbook charging block.

I agree that $40 for 1500mAh isnt very economical but I find most of the $40 premium is being paid for the convenience of only having to carry a single device that can serve 2 critical functions. I already have the chargecard in my wallet at all times so with this thing im hoping ill never need to worry about running out of juice again, whether on a 2-3 day business trip or a 2 week vacation.

just my 2 cents
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1873 posts
1203 upvotes
Montreal
coriolis wrote: If the battery capacity is 1,500 mAh and the iPhone 5S that they are using to make the 70% charge claim, is 1,440 mAh, what's the efficiency of the extra 1,500 mAh battery?
~67%? lol maybe they are just being safe or maybe 70% charge while in use
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10060 posts
12664 upvotes
Toronto
spacehog wrote: i think this is meant for people who carry the cube charger around with them, not portable battery packs. the idea being that once you insert the cube into this thing, itll serve both as a USB charger AND a portable battery pack. i find it's similar in concept to the plugbug from twelvesouth that adds a USB port to the standard macbook charging block.

just my 2 cents
The deal (assuming it even is one) isn't that it's $40, but that it's on sale for $20...
Mar 27, 2003
173 posts
83 upvotes
Montreal
mic2074 wrote: think it's useless... why have portable battery if you already carry around a/c adapter... you can only use one at a time - if you carry both around anyway, you can get a more powerful portable battery, and charge the battery if needed using the same adapter, just a different USB cable... so you end up carrying an extra usb cable, but have a much more powerful battery for emergencies.
AC adapter and battery in 1 means I can use it either to charge my phone on the go (battery) or plug to the wall once im home or at hotel (AC) without needing to carry 2 devices with me. I can get an all in one that has the prongs, built in battery and coiled cable but then again, youre paying $100+ for something like that and I question the advertised cycle count on all these uncertified batteries. the solution you proposed where i carry a larger capacity battery, a cable for an iPhone, a microUSB cable for the battery and an AC charger as well would require me to bring a dopp kit of some sort, not practical at all when youre hoping to travel or commute light..
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
Let see - how the carrying fans out.

Nomad
- original Apple A/C adapter (to charge phone and nomad adapter below)
- nomad adapter external battery
- lightning cable

Other method
- original Apple A/C adapter (to charge phone and external battery below)
- external battery
- lightning cable
- usb cable to charge external battery
Note, you charge the external battery with the apple adapter, while having lightning cable connected from external battery to phone - and use phone while everything is charging.

Overall - these guys are repackaging something differently, and charging a premium for it.

something like this is much more useful - all in one package. More expensive, but lot more powerful and useful features.

http://www.amazon.ca/Arrival-HooToo%C2% ... ss+battery

spacehog wrote: AC adapter and battery in 1 means I can use it either to charge my phone on the go (battery) or plug to the wall once im home or at hotel (AC) without needing to carry 2 devices with me. I can get an all in one that has the prongs, built in battery and coiled cable but then again, youre paying $100+ for something like that and I question the advertised cycle count on all these uncertified batteries. the solution you proposed where i carry a larger capacity battery, a cable for an iPhone, a microUSB cable for the battery and an AC charger as well would require me to bring a dopp kit of some sort, not practical at all when youre hoping to travel or commute light..
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18196 posts
36555 upvotes
Scarborough
mic2074 wrote: something like this is much more useful - all in one package. More expensive, but lot more powerful and useful features.

That's pretty cool! I myself would have no use for it but I'm sure it'd be popular amongst certain groups of people.

If the battery were slightly bigger in the Nomad and it were cheaper, I'd consider getting one.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21213 posts
6983 upvotes
GTA
mic2074 wrote: Let see - how the carrying fans out.

Nomad
- original Apple A/C adapter (to charge phone and nomad adapter below)
- nomad adapter external battery
- lightning cable

Other method
- original Apple A/C adapter (to charge phone and external battery below)
- external battery
- lightning cable
- usb cable to charge external battery
Note, you charge the external battery with the apple adapter, while having lightning cable connected from external battery to phone - and use phone while everything is charging.

Overall - these guys are repackaging something differently, and charging a premium for it.

something like this is much more useful - all in one package. More expensive, but lot more powerful and useful features.

TomRFD wrote: That's pretty cool! I myself would have no use for it but I'm sure it'd be popular amongst certain groups of people.

If the battery were slightly bigger in the Nomad and it were cheaper, I'd consider getting one.

I actually have that HooToo device and its fantastic if you travel a lot. It's also great for remote file sharing (for example, lets say I'm on a plane I can plug in a 1TB hard drive into the device, crank out a WiFi hotspot and connect to the hard drive from any device(s) to stream videos, etc.) . I can see it be useful for families with kids, or people like me who travel a lot for work and setting up a basecamp office inside a hotel room with spotty WiFi sucks.

I've found so many uses for it, at the cottage, on the VIA Rail, on planes, etc. The 6,000 mAh battery can charge at 2.1a if need be too.

Still, its a niche product.
Mar 26, 2006
422 posts
400 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I don't believe you are buying an Apple Charger & External Battery. I pretty sure it's just the External Battery adapter as the page says that it assumes "you already own an Apple USB wall plug - or maybe two"
9394 wrote: I received this email on 30/07/14:

Hey ,
As a Nomad insider, you’re the first to know about the new product we’re launching this week. I think it'll be the perfect addition to your minimal everyday carry!
Click here to find out more and use the code “nomadplus” in the next 72 hours for 50% off our new product.
Keep charging,
Chloe

http://www.hellonomad.com/products/nomadplus?

Pre-order now for release date of 30/11/14
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
nothing wrong with your post... just threadcrappers like myself missed it - sorry, I will try harder next time :cheesygri

tk1000 wrote: :( I posted this same deal 12hrs before. Got no replies.

nomadplus-pre-order-19-50-fs-adds-1500m ... g-1522963/

Was there something wrong with my post? :confused:
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2995 posts
601 upvotes
Burnaby
looks pretty good.
MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM; AMD Ryzen 5 3600; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB + 16GB; WD Black SN770 1TB;
Oct 26, 2009
607 posts
185 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
No information from hellonomand.com. Where you guys get the information from?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)