• Jan 15th, 2019 11:52 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 30, 2017
40 posts
7 upvotes

Non-iron shirts? Anyone?

Hi,

Wondering if somebody has some good recommendations on non-iron dress shirt manufactures. Where do you get yours from? I wear slim fit.
I'm done with ironing shirts on the weekly to has to be non-iron.

Cheers.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
1849 posts
595 upvotes
B.C.
Costco. Kirkland Signature brand shirts are good. The selection changes every few months. Sizing can vary but you can return them if they don't fit.

They also usually have at least another brand of dress shirt available. They have Calvin Klein slim fit (maybe modern fit?) ones available for $24 now.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7004 posts
4520 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
LL Bean
Not cheap... but well made

And they have their NEW Cdn Website
So everything listed in Cdn $ and “landed” in Canada

https://www.llbean.ca/shop/Dress-Shirts/504190

Re - Ironing

Ya it sucks. But it still makes a difference a fresh pressed dress shirt, if you have to wear one

Have you thought of just sending your shirts out to the dry cleaners for laundry & pressing ?

I did that for many years. Lot less hassle. And a lot of Drycleaners compete on this service with pricing, using it as a loss leader to hopefully access your other dry cleaning needs
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2017
1072 posts
949 upvotes
Old navy, Gap, banana republic. Three different price points and various fits and fabric. Plus lots of deals and coupons + ebates
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11042 posts
1004 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Have you ever tried using a garment steamer? It doesn't suck like ironing does. However, you do need a good steamer, though, such as a $300 Jiffy, and not one of those $100 Conair, etc., PoS.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
3917 posts
414 upvotes
Ottawa
Whatever you do choose, my suggestion would be to dry them in the dryer separately (or at least in a light load), take them out of the dryer as soon as their done, don't pile any other clothes on them and hang them up as soon as you can.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9050 posts
380 upvotes
Mississauga
rabbit wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 2:15 am
Have you ever tried using a garment steamer? It doesn't suck like ironing does. However, you do need a good steamer, though, such as a $300 Jiffy, and not one of those $100 Conair, etc., PoS.
Lies.... u don't need a $300 Jiffy.... my 60$ Kijiji Rowenta Valet has been doing work since I got it 4 years ago. Use it every day
RFD 36-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
[OP]
Nov 30, 2017
40 posts
7 upvotes
Thanks everyone.
PointsHubby wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 7:14 pm
LL Bean
Not cheap... but well made

And they have their NEW Cdn Website
So everything listed in Cdn $ and “landed” in Canada

https://www.llbean.ca/shop/Dress-Shirts/504190

Re - Ironing

Ya it sucks. But it still makes a difference a fresh pressed dress shirt, if you have to wear one

Have you thought of just sending your shirts out to the dry cleaners for laundry & pressing ?

I did that for many years. Lot less hassle. And a lot of Drycleaners compete on this service with pricing, using it as a loss leader to hopefully access your other dry cleaning needs
What's a good price for something like this? I checked with my drycleaner a week ago and they told me 3.95 wash + press. Considering it as I hear not all non-iron shirts are actually "non-iron" i.e. they'll look considerably better if you still iron/steam them.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11042 posts
1004 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
XxXSnake23XxX wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 12:32 pm
Lies.... u don't need a $300 Jiffy.... my 60$ Kijiji Rowenta Valet has been doing work since I got it 4 years ago. Use it every day
Yeah, it works, like ironing works, but if you've used a quality steamer, you would know why I wouldn't recommend a lousy steamer to someone who hates to iron.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4666 posts
734 upvotes
random pattern wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 3:01 pm
Surprised no one has suggested Brooks Brothers.
Yes but their prices have slowly increased and quality seem to have steadily going down... I wouldn't buy any unless it's the black friday sale.
Mar 14, 2013
175 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
RW & CO, you can definitely find good deals when they have XX% off clearance. I've bought some non-iron dress shirts, fitted fit, slim fits, tailored fits for less than $20.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)