Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Nord VPN

$40USD for 3 years, billed every 36 months (after 60% ebates cashback)

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2018 6:00 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2007
1853 posts
1079 upvotes
Toronto
SomeOtherDude wrote: +100
this is one of the few VPNs that still work behind the great firewall

although..... I'm not sure I would sign up for 3yrs because the great firewall changes all the time and you'll be lucky to use up the full 3yrs.
That is true too
Jun 5, 2011
237 posts
707 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
rfcxxx wrote: PIA HANDS DOWN.

I've been using PIA for the past 3 years but tried out Nord for the Netflix compatibility. They offer 30 day money back guarantee so it was worth a shot. To be honest, I lasted less than 2 weeks... The only good thing about them is they processed my refund quickly. The speeds are not good, there are constant dropouts and reconnects that wouldl connect you to a different server, and at times I would lose access to Netflix. I really wanted to like them but honestly the service was not good. I learned 2 things... There service is geared to people who don't know what they are doing and don't know any better... Easy enough to get connected and go. The second thing I learned is all those sites that rate them in the top 2 vpn services with no mention of pia are likely paid. PIA offers better prices, comparable if not more servers, better speeds and better tech support.

And be careful on a multi year offer... If you are signing up because of Netflix, just remember they could drop support for Netflix at any time, just as many other VPNs have just because of the resources (time and money) associated, and you'd be stuck with an average VPN with crappy speeds over the long haul. I know others may come forward and say they use them and never have any problems... All I can say is good forr you, but this is definitely not for everyone. I have no issue recommending pia, but I would never recommend anyone I know to use Nord. And to those wondering, p2p speeds were okay... Not great.

I didn't even last 2 weeks with these guys before I gave up. Honestly, I knew after a few hours I wouldn't last, but I tried.
You are correct. I bought this last night because it looked like such a good deal but the speeds are horrible. I thought it would get better but its still the same. I'll be asking for a refund.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2009
1039 posts
235 upvotes
Has anyone used this, and gotten good speeds with it?

I've got 150mbps but i get about 5mbps.

=/

not sure if it's settings or because im' using their main app.
Jun 24, 2016
698 posts
712 upvotes
FoMoHotDeals wrote: How is the speed for downloading?
The speeds are awful with most of the servers. Expect 10% of your internet connection consistently, occasionally higher on some of the lighter-load servers.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2913 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
Nord stopped working with BBC iPlayer (for me at least) - not sure if a couple of UK servers or all of them...
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
2020 posts
1035 upvotes
Scarborough
i just tried with speedtest on one desktop and got 211Mbp without VPN and 153Mbp with VPN on. on my other desktop (newer) i was getting much crappier speeds on VPN for some reason and was able to get 122Mbp on a US server. which is not what i expected, as when i was testing it the first week i got the service, the newer computer was constantly posting about 10% less speed with VPN on vs off. and the second older computer was constantly losing more about 80-100Mbp. both computer are beside each other hook up to a wireless extender. testing on my laptop is much slower even with VPN off.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10922 posts
5458 upvotes
Toronto
wadokai wrote: Has anyone used this, and gotten good speeds with it?

I've got 150mbps but i get about 5mbps.

=/

not sure if it's settings or because im' using their main app.

are you torrenting? if you torrent speeds will be throttled to around that, but maybe some servers can go a little higher

this VPN is better for security than downloading,since it has no logging, double VPN, and even Tor
Uberclk wrote: i just tried with speedtest on one desktop and got 211Mbp without VPN and 153Mbp with VPN on. on my other desktop (newer) i was getting much crappier speeds on VPN for some reason and was able to get 122Mbp on a US server. which is not what i expected, as when i was testing it the first week i got the service, the newer computer was constantly posting about 10% less speed with VPN on vs off. and the second older computer was constantly losing more about 80-100Mbp. both computer are beside each other hook up to a wireless extender. testing on my laptop is much slower even with VPN off.
it will dip well below the moment it detects torrenting, which is same with any VPN
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2009
1039 posts
235 upvotes
i am not downloading anything.

Soon as i connect to a server, i could goto speedtest.net and get crap speeds.

So i'm having slow speeds browsing itself.
Feb 21, 2014
448 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
I'm getting 500/200 on speedtests with the Canadian server right now on NordVPN
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2009
1039 posts
235 upvotes
pagefaultca wrote: I'm getting 500/200 on speedtests with the Canadian server right now on NordVPN
holy crap..

what is your standard isp connection!?

I'm on 150mbps and get around 14 on canadian servers.
Feb 21, 2014
448 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
wadokai wrote: holy crap..

what is your standard isp connection!?

I'm on 150mbps and get around 14 on canadian servers.
Bell gigabit fibre.
Jun 5, 2011
237 posts
707 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I noticed the speeds were terrible on my macbook until i switched from UDP to TCP. However, on my windows 10 desktop, speeds are fantastic (90 - 100Mbps with my 150Mbps Internet) without having to switch to TCP.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
saurabhmotwani wrote: I noticed the speeds were terrible on my macbook until i switched from UDP to TCP. However, on my windows 10 desktop, speeds are fantastic (90 - 100Mbps with my 150Mbps Internet) without having to switch to TCP.
Strange, UDP should be faster than TCP, way less overhead.
Banned
Apr 17, 2018
21 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for the deal, just used it and it works fine. I was considering between NordVPN and TunnelBear, but the Bear was bought by McAfee so no thanks, I don't trust them. Thanks for the tip about UDP and TCP by the way.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
2056 posts
554 upvotes
Mississauga
pagefaultca wrote: I'm getting 500/200 on speedtests with the Canadian server right now on NordVPN
Yeah, I find NordVPN to be the fastest of the 5 VPNs I have (which includes IPVanish & ExpressVPN) for Canadian servers. You just need to do speed tests, find the fastest ones and bookmark them. Done.
Jun 5, 2011
237 posts
707 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
60% cash back through ebates right now. Definitely a hot deal!
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2009
1039 posts
235 upvotes
whats the deal with ebates? I have not dealt with them before. Do they provide the cashback right away?
Aug 24, 2014
225 posts
243 upvotes
I don't think 3yr coupon deal $99 USD stacks with ebates. When I went thru ebates, it only shows 2yr

Maybe I can use the coupon link first then ebates after but dont really want to take the risk
Images
  • 12345.PNG
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
2020 posts
1035 upvotes
Scarborough
lcyCold wrote: I don't think 3yr coupon deal $99 USD stacks with ebates. When I went thru ebates, it only shows 2yr

Maybe I can use the coupon link first then ebates after but dont really want to take the risk
i joined over a month ago for the $99USD 3 year plan, used ebates which was 20% at the time and got paid out to my paypal already.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)