Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

NordVPN 3 year subscription $99USD

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2018 8:58 am
Banned
May 6, 2018
16 posts
8 upvotes
mrporkchop wrote: i agree 100%. i wish i didn't get sucked into their promotion. Their speeds are sometimes just terrible, basically unusable, even if you are connected to Canada or US.

I wish i kept using PIA, which i had before and never experienced speed issues like i do now with Nordvpn
I kindly disagree. Been using for a couple of months now with zero issues: speeds are fine, the connection doesn't drop, supports US Netflix. I used some other services and NordVPN was the most stable of them all.
Oct 13, 2015
410 posts
37 upvotes
Cyberspace
I'm also a NordVPN user. I didn't get this 3 year deal, but got a 2 year deal instead a while back. They have lots of servers to choose from. It's unfortunate that they haven't implemented the ability to see the distance between you and the available servers like they do with their mobile app. If i choose ones that are with 13km, the speeds are very good. In fact, I would say on par with my ISP or at most 1mbps drop in download with no drops in upload.

I've had a few times where the speeds do bottom out (when the server gets close to capacity). Switching to another nearby VPN fixed the problem. I think Nord has been treating me pretty well. Their app for Mac has also significantly improved over the past year so I see no issues with this deal.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5738 posts
1457 upvotes
I am another happy NordVPN user. I get ~71 Mbps on my 75 Mbps connection. I am located in Toronto, and I connect to New York servers to get US Netflix as well as Hulu.

Acanac Internet 50/10 FTTN $36 24 months; $61 afterwards
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
4133 posts
2172 upvotes
Byrns wrote: I don't trust the bargain basement VPNs, they're pretty much universally not great.

https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-section/
Based on this guys's review, NordVPN has horrible speed averaging both red in downloading. Is this really the case? Hope they have improved their speed since. Seriously considering 2 year subscription.

Mullvad is twice as expensive than NordVPN. Guess I am just going to have to try for 30 days and if speed becomes issue, i have to ask for money back. How is the money process? smooth or do they go ape about giving back your money...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
Valinsarc wrote: I kindly disagree. Been using for a couple of months now with zero issues: speeds are fine, the connection doesn't drop, supports US Netflix. I used some other services and NordVPN was the most stable of them all.
How do you disagree with someone's experience? I has a very similar experience to that person with Nord. Particularly frustrating was when the speeds would just nosedive for 2-3 minute gaps(like 5KB/s bad) and I experienced this on multiple machines on just about every server I tried several times a day. It's great that it works for you but complaints have been common, I've had far fewer issues with TorGuard since I switched.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1764 posts
832 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: How do you disagree with someone's experience? I has a very similar experience to that person with Nord. Particularly frustrating was when the speeds would just nosedive for 2-3 minute gaps(like 5KB/s bad) and I experienced this on multiple machines on just about every server I tried several times a day. It's great that it works for you but complaints have been common, I've had far fewer issues with TorGuard since I switched.
The other day Nord wasnt working for me at all. Speeds aren't great either when I first used it but it's manageable.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)