Jun 2, 2018
35 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto

NordVPN 3 years for $107 with 40% on ebates updated

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Nordvpn
Hi NordVPN is 40% off on ebates so here is your chance to get it.The price is $107.55USA dollar which is $146 Canadian dollar and cash back will be around $55. I used NordVPN and I liked the speed and connectivity on all devices.
Last edited by wasee1122 on May 16th, 2019 4:29 am, edited 8 times in total.
126 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
1195 posts
207 upvotes
Ontario
I apologize for being a normie here, but what's the advantage of NordVPN? Is it basically that your online prescence is masked? Can you pretend to be coming from an IP in another country?
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9360 posts
949 upvotes
GTA
saint2e wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 9:15 am
Is it basically that your online prescence is masked? Can you pretend to be coming from an IP in another country?
People use VPNs for a variety of reasons.

Couple of the main ones

- Hiding activity from your ISP. So lets say you use torrents and don't want people to know what your true IP address is or if you ISP block torrent traffic
- Getting around Geolocation detection. Ie watch BBC in the UK when usually you need to be in the UK. Same with Netflix in different countries but some VPNs are better than others to get around Netflix's VPN detection
- Protecting your access to private websites (like bank websites) when on public wifi

I use Windscribe myself and got an amazing "lifetime" deal like a years ago and it has been great. I used NordVPN before that and it was good too.
Last edited by YLSF on Apr 9th, 2019 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 12, 2011
171 posts
118 upvotes
Calgary
saint2e wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 9:15 am
I apologize for being a normie here, but what's the advantage of NordVPN? Is it basically that your online prescence is masked? Can you pretend to be coming from an IP in another country?
Advantage of any VPN is to hide web traffic from your ISP. Talking about NordVPN - i personally do not recommend. It is terribly slow. I see a lot of positive reviews of Nord in many web sites, but seems like all of them a paid by Nord. I hunted long time for good VPN provider when my PIA account expired and finally descided to go with Surfshark. Much more cheaper and not bad speed. Not perfect but good balance of value for money.
May 12, 2011
171 posts
118 upvotes
Calgary
YLSF wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 9:50 am

- Protecting your access to private websites (like bank websites) when on public wifi
You do not need VPN for that. Today all bank web sites are using HTTPS, So you are fully protected by SSL
Feb 19, 2018
53 posts
12 upvotes
Montréal, QC
any thoughts on Private internet access vs. Nord?

I have Nord currently and I find it a bit slow.

And does Windscribe keep logs?
May 26, 2005
920 posts
324 upvotes
Winnipeg
grosbmi wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 11:09 am
any thoughts on Private internet access vs. Nord?

I have Nord currently and I find it a bit slow.

And does Windscribe keep logs?
I was on PIA for years. Recently switched to Nord because PIA is blocked by Netflix etc.

So far I haven't noticed much of a difference between the two. Both have good Windows and Android apps IMO. Nord is quite a bit cheaper considering the cashback. Nord does not support port forwarding if you do a lot of torrenting and that is a concern.
Sep 13, 2011
415 posts
154 upvotes
ANJOU
NordVPN does not support port forwarding. PIA does on somes servers.
Nov 29, 2015
142 posts
73 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
wolandca wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 9:52 am
Advantage of any VPN is to hide web traffic from your ISP. Talking about NordVPN - i personally do not recommend. It is terribly slow. I see a lot of positive reviews of Nord in many web sites, but seems like all of them a paid by Nord.
I used to have PIA but their speed maxed out at 50 Mb/sec for me. I switched to NordVPN and I get almost full speed from my 150 internet. Don't know about people that have faster speeds, but I'm happy with Nord. It also has a great mobile app.
Feb 18, 2012
401 posts
158 upvotes
Victoria
So is at true you can’t use torrents at all with Nord? I mostly want a vpn for torrenting , any suggestions?
May 10, 2010
209 posts
357 upvotes
London
Horsey2345 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 9:17 pm
So is at true you can’t use torrents at all with Nord? I mostly want a vpn for torrenting , any suggestions?
There is specific servers for Torrents
May 10, 2010
209 posts
357 upvotes
London
If you're a student, you can get an additional 15% off. So total comes to $91.44USD
Jul 14, 2014
80 posts
176 upvotes
Markham
poopdedoop wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 9:50 pm
If you're a student, you can get an additional 15% off. So total comes to $91.44USD
How?
May 26, 2005
920 posts
324 upvotes
Winnipeg
Horsey2345 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 9:17 pm
I use it for torrenting. My understanding is that your download speeds won't be as fast as if you use port forwarding.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)