Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
North Tactical Supply Co.

Locked: Set of L4 Body Armour Plates - $400

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2017 2:57 pm
Jun 3, 2012
48 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto

Set of L4 Body Armour Plates - $400

Deal Link:
Price:
$400
Savings:
$100 OFF
Retailer:
North Tactical Supply Co.
Just got an eflyer with these bullet proof body armour plates for $400 for a set of 2 plates. Good for security guards and anyone living in the GTA.
69 replies
Aug 29, 2009
669 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
thatcarguy wrote: Just got an eflyer with these bullet proof body armour plates for $400 for a set of 2 plates. Good for security guards and anyone living in the GTA.
Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Jun 3, 2012
48 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
I'm almost tempted. Usually they are much more. I tell the wife it's always good to keep some laying around. With the way Ontario is going it's probably only a matter of time before this turns out to be one of those things you should have probably got that time.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1068 posts
1030 upvotes
thatcarguy wrote: Just got an eflyer with these bullet proof body armour plates for $400 for a set of 2 plates. Good for security guards and anyone living in the GTA.
When I see "GTA" I'm thinking Grand Theft Auto.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP. Semi-serious question -- Are you likely to get put on a watch list by, or get a call from, the RCMP by ordering one of these?
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10166 posts
5555 upvotes
Toronto
I have never even seen a gun in person in my life. This is surreal to me.

Is body armour even something you want to be buying on sale?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8035 posts
8606 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Bishop8 wrote: Thanks OP. Semi-serious question -- Are you likely to get put on a watch list by, or get a call from, the RCMP by ordering one of these?
No
Variability wrote: I have never even seen a gun in person in my life. This is surreal to me.

Yes
Telus $50/120GB + $0 200 USA LD (min) +$0 VVM X 1 lines
Telus $60/150GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 4 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
Jun 3, 2012
48 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
Bishop8 wrote: Thanks OP. Semi-serious question -- Are you likely to get put on a watch list by, or get a call from, the RCMP by ordering one of these?
I used to be more paranoid, and then I realized they were letting terrorists in. Or when they found terrorists, they would forget to deport them and lose track of them. I don't think the RCMP can be bothered with people trying to not get shot at work. (bouncers, security, etc.)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8035 posts
8606 upvotes
Downtown Canada
I must say, this vest will stop big rounds.

Cons: heavy and you still need a carrier and this is meant to be worn outside, so if you need something to be worn under your dress shirt, this is not for you.
Telus $50/120GB + $0 200 USA LD (min) +$0 VVM X 1 lines
Telus $60/150GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 4 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2715 posts
562 upvotes
Variability wrote: I have never even seen a gun in person in my life. This is surreal to me.

Everything goes on sale, what difference does it make? It doesn't change the quality, I own s&j armour right now.
Apr 19, 2015
319 posts
339 upvotes
This thread is so surreal to me. I do not know a single person in my life who feels either the need or desire to own body armour. I know that there are practical applications for it, but it's just so alien to me.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3326 posts
1885 upvotes
GavinTheAlmighty wrote: This thread is so surreal to me. I do not know a single person in my life who feels either the need or desire to own body armour. I know that there are practical applications for it, but it's just so alien to me.
You must be super beta to not need body armour.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18836 posts
1902 upvotes
Elmira
The Alt-Knight Rises!
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1964 posts
1096 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Does Costco carry these yet?
Jun 19, 2011
151 posts
212 upvotes
duckdown wrote: The Alt-Knight Rises!
Come on, why try and bait an argument about politics here? Whether you agree with their reason for it or not, people buy stuff YOU don't want or need all the time (and vice-versa) and this is no different.

Lets keep the conversation focused on the deal.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
thatcarguy wrote: I'm almost tempted. Usually they are much more. I tell the wife it's always good to keep some laying around. With the way Ontario is going it's probably only a matter of time before this turns out to be one of those things you should have probably got that time.
lol I'd love to know how that convo starts. Is it pillow talk, 'Hey Hon, How about 'em armor plates?' or after dinner romantic talk or something else?

I'm just genuinely curious how it fits in the dynamics of marriage etc.

Not exactly the topic you'd talk everyday at the BF table...
Sep 9, 2015
316 posts
125 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
mtlboy wrote:
Everything goes on sale, what difference does it make? It doesn't change the quality, I own s&j armour right now.
Actually that is not entirely true about body armour. You do not want to be buying expiring armor that is going on sale.

Things like level 4 plate/ceramic armor is the exception, but normal soft body armor that's level 3 or lower used by municipal police and security have expiration dates and best by dates. The technical fibers degrade over time and typically have an operator life span of 3 years before it must be replaced. Moisture and other debris will get in-between the weave over time and compromise the integrity of the armor. This is why you should never get Kevlar soaking wet.

Plated armor is an exception because it is a rubber coating on top of a metal cast filled with ceramics and nothing in there degrades.

And yes with the exception of bc body armor is perfectly legal to own. It would be good if OP mentioned that in the original post.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3097 posts
474 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
There's a CGN group buy direct from the manufacturer going on now for $275... min order already reached.
signature removed for inappropriate content