North York Townhouses

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2023 11:09 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 15, 2007
55 posts
Toronto
I don't think the everson ones are that big. I really hate the stairs with the top stack. Their bottom stacks have great layouts but it's on the bottom.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I haven't lived at any stacked townhouses before but I can imagine the noise from the upper stack would be quite annoying for the bottom stack. Imagine having someone from upstairs walking back and forth or flushing the toilet at night could be quite disturbing.
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
CharmyPoo wrote: I live really close to the monet units (I can see them from my front door). The bottom units are nasty and the top ones are so overpriced - I completely agree with you.

I have been waiting on a good townhouse in this area for a long time. 108 Finch has some nice ones that are over 1000 sq ft for around 300 K. Some units have excellent layouts but no terrace - only two balconies. I was really close to putting in an offer on one but backed out last minute - that unit was sold in 4 days. I think they have 1 or 2 available right now in the mid 300s. It has been on the market forever but it's too nasty to get sold.

5418 Yonge (Tridel building) also has townhomes. I saw a unit in the mid 300s that had a great layout and it was over 1000 sq ft. It was a bottom stack and pretty dark. The upper stacks are in the mid 400s.

There are also townhouses on Sommersat that are in the high 300s - they should be over 1000 sq ft.

I don't think the everson ones are that big. I really hate the stairs with the top stack. Their bottom stacks have great layouts but it's on the bottom.
the 108 finch units are pretty nice (for the more modern styled ones in that complex, as some have nothing but carpet inside without laminate or hardwood), but its still a good 15-20 min walk across just to yonge. Infact I can see the units from my office at the xerox tower at finch/yonge.

I like the everson units and from looking at 'stratus' reports, the basement layouts are really attrative with nicely sized bedrooms etc, nothing like those crappy downstairs units at the monet facing kenneth or 70 byng.

anyone have any more details regarding the everson madison layouts?
☆The GTA's Finest All You Can Eat Sushi Reviews☆

☆美味しい☆美味しい☆
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
commie wrote: I was more interested in a Madison unit(2 bedroom + den) in the 5 Everson complex that was sold in January.....I believe their asking was $329...
Just curious as to what the going rate is for that type of unit....

I have a similar unit, but its an end unit in the same block.
commie, can you elaborate on the floorplan or have any kind of virtual tour of a similar unit to yours onhand?
Mar 6, 2002
212 posts
1 upvote
If you are interested in an older executive townhouse, but newly renovated in the bathurst/finch, send me a PM as I may be putting it on the market shortly at around $329k
Jun 8, 2004
503 posts
7 upvotes
ruvz wrote: If you are interested in an older executive townhouse, but newly renovated in the bathurst/finch, send me a PM as I may be putting it on the market shortly at around $329k
could you post the sqft. as well, thanks.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2006
3615 posts
51 upvotes
suelee3 wrote: The Sommerset complex parking garage had flooding a few years back (the same parking that the townhomes also are connected to, and use).
108 Finch West should have this problem (occasional flooding) too, as they're just downstream from area hit hard by infamous flash flood of August 2005. Public Works got project under way now to deal with this problem.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2006
3615 posts
51 upvotes
ruvz wrote: If you are interested in an older executive townhouse, but newly renovated in the bathurst/finch, send me a PM as I may be putting it on the market shortly at around $329k
Torresdale/Robert Hicks stub?
Mar 6, 2002
212 posts
1 upvote
noo.... off bathurst, just south of finch. aprox 1800-2000 sq ft, huge yard (Corner model), finished walk-out basement apt with seperate ent. ($750-$800/month income potential), new kitchen, south exposure - very bright & sunny, 1 car garage + driveway for 2 cars + More

New townhomes (Aspen ridge @ Bathurst/Ellerslie) being built across the street start at 469K for 1400 sq ft
Jun 8, 2004
503 posts
7 upvotes
ruvz wrote: noo.... off bathurst, just south of finch. aprox 1800-2000 sq ft, huge yard (Corner model), finished walk-out basement apt with seperate ent. ($750-$800/month income potential), new kitchen, south exposure - very bright & sunny, 1 car garage + driveway for 2 cars + More

New homes being built across the street start at 469K for 1400 sq ft
how old are the towns? they have a new development of towns by Aspen Ridge down the street at 440s, at your current price thats pretty good
Mar 6, 2002
212 posts
1 upvote
cornholio wrote: how old are the towns? they have a new development of towns by Aspen Ridge down the street at 440s, at your current price thats pretty good
built in 76, so 31 yrs old, with very solid constuction. This particular unit was the model home at the time. The aspen ridge towns are across the street and start at 469k++
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
bump for COMMIE to share what they know about the Everson townhome community. give me a call check PM's.

☆美味しい☆美味しい☆
Jan 11, 2007
554 posts
166 upvotes
GTA
ruvz wrote: The aspen ridge towns are across the street and start at 469k++
Did the prices drop? When they first advertised the towns, the sign showed starting from low $500,000. They don't even have a small backyard.
Mar 6, 2002
212 posts
1 upvote
yeah, they did drop, I dont think they had the demand at 550K for an 1800 sq ft unit
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2003
1118 posts
43 upvotes
I have been tracking the Everson towns (300K plus) and they have been flying off the market. They are getting sold the day they take offers. The last three units sold are some of the highest priced ever sold at Everson in the last 3 years. They weren't the nicest units in the complex either.
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
CharmyPoo wrote: I have been tracking the Everson towns (300K plus) and they have been flying off the market. They are getting sold the day they take offers. The last three units sold are some of the highest priced ever sold at Everson in the last 3 years. They weren't the nicest units in the complex either.

tell me about it! the madison with the un-upgraded kitchen was actually really poor and it went for $350k, asking $338,900

there was a corner unit one with extra adjacent windows, full upgraded kitchen with additional counter/cupboards/appliances, fireplace, owned upgraded furnace, california shutters AND SECOND PARKING spot that went for $373k, asking $365k makes it a deal against the 350k unit that didn't have any of that.

☆美味しい☆美味しい☆
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2003
1118 posts
43 upvotes
trueno92 wrote: there was a corner unit one with extra adjacent windows, full upgraded kitchen with additional counter/cupboards/appliances, fireplace, owned upgraded furnace, california shutters AND SECOND PARKING spot that went for $373k, asking $365k makes it a deal against the 350k unit that didn't have any of that.
I don't know who was stupid enough to pay $350 for that unit (1215). It had nothing and if you really looked closely .. the house wasn't even that well maintained. Did you see the crappy paint job they did for the sell? In January, there was a unit facing the park (1107) that was owned by an agent. It was fully upgraded and I mean really upgraded with granite counters, real hardwood (including stairs) and lots of goodies. That sold for $345 but was listed for $359.

The corner unit (368) wasn't bad but I thought the agent was crazy listing it for so high. In Feb, the corner unit facing the park (1101) sold for $340. I am still kicking myself for not considering it at that time.
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
yeah! i definately saw the crap paint job.... must have been k-mart special paint, and yes, it was done POORLY.. all over the ceiling and then they tried to cover it up with matte white paint - making for good contrast against the gloss white ceiling.

I *thought* 368 was worth it, since it had the 2nd parking spot and it was a corner unit.

☆美味しい☆美味しい☆
Sep 8, 2002
300 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
Demand in that area is surprisingly high. I was lucky to get into one of the Shane Baghai ones when I did a while ago. Our real estate agent predicted that people would be putting more on the market during the spring time, but the listings never materialized. (Or maye they went too fast?)

There is a flood of listings from the Monet ones on Kenneth. Those are only a year old so I guess people are flipping. I remember seeing some in the low $300s for the ones which are partially underground (compared to the upper units). But since there are so many listings, it might work in your favour if you like this area.

Is Yonge and Sheppard that much better than Yonge and Finch?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2003
1118 posts
43 upvotes
I actually live right by the Monet townhouses but I personally don't like them and find them really narrow. The bottom stacks have the bedrooms in the basement and very little outdoor space. For the same price, you can get a nice Palmerston unit with a terrace at everson. The top stacks at Monet aren't worth it to me.
Sep 8, 2002
300 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
i am a little skeptical about the Everson ones since they are built by Urbancorp. I used to live in a stacked townhouse built by Urbancorp as well in downtown Toronto (St. George St.)... before they built the King West area.

For my St. George stack, we had major leakage problems. The membrane on the patio for the unit above ours wasn't built right and it leaked for years. This builder tried again and again. Their method of water penetration testing was have a guy go upstairs with 1 bucket of water. If the 1 bucket of water didn't cause a leak, they concluded there was no problem. Eventually it was fixed, but I never had much faith in it not to leak again or confidence in the builder.

Maybe Urbancorp has gotten better with time and experience... but when looking at their Avondale units, we asked around and also heard that some units had trouble with the membranes on the terraces, and they were easily scratched and damaged with patio furniture.

But I must admit, with the terraces and very large windows, they are very attractive units.