Hot Deals

[Costco] Northrock Road Bike SCR1 $599.99/XC29 $439.99/XCW $399.99/XC00 $449.99/GS24 $279.99/ K200 $199.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2019 10:46 pm
Member
User avatar
Nov 20, 2008
345 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
I'm 5'11" with a 30" inseam and tried out the XC29 at my local Costco when it was on sale. Didn't get it because when turning the front wheel it hits my foot when the pedal is in the forward position. They didn't have any XC27's for me to try out so I'm wondering if it would better fit?
Sr. Member
Jun 4, 2007
607 posts
241 upvotes
leadhead wrote:
May 30th, 2019 8:21 am
I'm 5'11" with a 30" inseam and tried out the XC29 at my local Costco when it was on sale. Didn't get it because when turning the front wheel it hits my foot when the pedal is in the forward position. They didn't have any XC27's for me to try out so I'm wondering if it would better fit?
I’m 5’7” and the XC29 was too large for me. XC27 fit just right. I think at your height the XC27 would probably be too small?
Jr. Member
Nov 24, 2009
105 posts
168 upvotes
Cornwall, ON
I'm 6' and picked up the XC27. I didn't like the XC29 as it sat too high for me personaly. I did have to adjust the handles bars (they were not perfectly aligned with the wheel) and the gear in it's highest position was rubbing against the rail so some minor adjustment.
I haven't done a ride yet just some small test rides but it is nice so far.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 15, 2004
16833 posts
2598 upvotes
Toronto
Mmagic888 wrote:
May 30th, 2019 7:43 am
FYI the GS24 and the XJ24 kids bikes are on clearance online for 199.97 w free shipping.

CTM also $50 off, unsure how this model compares to the XC27?
The CTM has a step-through frame and the XC27 has a straight frame
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Member
Feb 18, 2007
268 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
leadhead wrote:
May 30th, 2019 8:21 am
I'm 5'11" with a 30" inseam and tried out the XC29 at my local Costco when it was on sale. Didn't get it because when turning the front wheel it hits my foot when the pedal is in the forward position. They didn't have any XC27's for me to try out so I'm wondering if it would better fit?
Pedal overlap is NOT a determination of correct size for a bike.

People in this thread trying to size a bike based on height, is like trying to tailor a suit based on height.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2215 posts
578 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Konowl wrote:
May 29th, 2019 8:47 am
Maybe you should save up the 50 bucks a year and buy at full price? Waiting four years to save a couple of hundred bucks is def playing the long game lol.
I have the money 100x over... it's about paying $399 vs $599 for a bike that is likely worth $300. You are on a deal website...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 25, 2004
2872 posts
1547 upvotes
Ottawa
djdestroyer wrote:
May 30th, 2019 2:25 pm
I have the money 100x over... it's about paying $399 vs $599 for a bike that is likely worth $300. You are on a deal website...
Judging by the reviews and thoughts in this thread, I disagree with the bike being worth $300. And yes, thanks for pointing out I was on a deal website, I had forgotten! However, I'm willing to pay full price for things sometimes - and waiting years to save a couple of hundred bucks is cringe LOL worthy, even for me. And I'm frugal.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 9, 2013
1611 posts
1075 upvotes
Saudi Arabia
djdestroyer wrote:
May 30th, 2019 2:25 pm
I have the money 100x over... it's about paying $399 vs $599 for a bike that is likely worth $300. You are on a deal website...
What value do you put on the enjoyment of something? If you want to ride then bike then just buy it instead of wasting years waiting for a deal on your computer.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2215 posts
578 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
iflyplanes wrote:
May 30th, 2019 2:57 pm
What value do you put on the enjoyment of something? If you want to ride then bike then just buy it instead of wasting years waiting for a deal on your computer.
Did you read the original post where I say I borrow my roommates? It's not like I just sit here for 4 years waiting to bike once like wut? I simply don't want to upgrade for $599 when I know they go on sale for $399 every year. Like I said, one year I'll catch it and that'll be dope.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2215 posts
578 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Konowl wrote:
May 30th, 2019 2:31 pm
Judging by the reviews and thoughts in this thread, I disagree with the bike being worth $300. And yes, thanks for pointing out I was on a deal website, I had forgotten! However, I'm willing to pay full price for things sometimes - and waiting years to save a couple of hundred bucks is cringe LOL worthy, even for me. And I'm frugal.
So you don't use CCC? I have some reminders on there from forever ago. I find it weird that you think saving a couple hundred dollars is cringe worth, on a deal website, about saving money. It's really not that nice of a bike and to me, is not worth $599. $399 is an absolute steal however so it's an obvious buy at that price. Obviously people agree because the bikes sell very slowly until the sale and then they're all gone immediately. Get off your high horse.
Sr. Member
Jun 4, 2007
607 posts
241 upvotes
What sort of bike locks do you recommend for these bikes?

Assuming something along the lines of a kryptonite U lock or something?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 25, 2004
2872 posts
1547 upvotes
Ottawa
djdestroyer wrote:
May 31st, 2019 11:19 am
Get off your high horse.
Lol you're taking what I'm saying waaaay too seriously. Go outside, breathe the fresh air.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2215 posts
578 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Konowl wrote:
May 31st, 2019 11:25 am
Lol you're taking what I'm saying waaaay too seriously. Go outside, breathe the fresh air.
You replied in 6 minutes... who needs to go outside and breath the fresh air?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 25, 2004
2872 posts
1547 upvotes
Ottawa
djdestroyer wrote:
May 31st, 2019 11:27 am
You replied in 6 minutes... who needs to go outside and breath the fresh air?
Email and technology are amazing things. Also on parental leave. I've got alllllll the time in the world. Go judge somewhere else.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)