Not receiving email subscription

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2018 12:51 pm
Oct 22, 2013
3 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto

Not receiving email subscription

I use to get daily Hot Deals emails, it stopped work 5 days ago without me modifying anything. It shows that I should be getting these in the subscription page. I'm also subscribed to freebies instantly and that works.
16 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36613 upvotes
Scarborough
I'm checking with the dev team to see if the service is still running. It's possible it stopped for some reason.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4612 posts
9050 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
yeah, I'll chime in and say that it's still broken
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36613 upvotes
Scarborough
raskal wrote: yeah, I'll chime in and say that it's still broken
Yup it's still broken. I have not yet received an update on when this will be fixed but I'll keep on top of it.
May 2, 2005
716 posts
159 upvotes
We're talking about the daily email updates for thread subscriptions in the Hot Deals forum? Yeah, I haven't been receiving those for over a week now. Will follow this thread for the update.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36613 upvotes
Scarborough
XR4Ti wrote: We're talking about the daily email updates for thread subscriptions in the Hot Deals forum? Yeah, I haven't been receiving those for over a week now. Will follow this thread for the update.
The daily and weekly subscription emails appear to be the ones not working. I've follow up with the dev team again so hopefully we'll be able to get this fixed soon.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2010
1123 posts
1546 upvotes
Victoria
Hi RFD,

This just started happening for me yesterday. Up until then I was receiving the Hot Deals emails. Since yesterday though, nothing. I checked my subscription, and it is correct. I canceled it and re-created it, but still no emails.

Could someone please have a look into this?

Thanks RFD,
Cal.
May 2, 2005
716 posts
159 upvotes
Last night I got my hot deals emails for the first time in a couple of weeks.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2010
1123 posts
1546 upvotes
Victoria
^^^I'm not getting notifications of new thread posts either. i.e. didn't get an email for XR4Ti's message above.

Thanks,
Cal.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2010
1123 posts
1546 upvotes
Victoria
raskal wrote: mine's instant email and notification on
Tried that, and all other combos to no avail. It worked perfectly up until Friday at 3.30pm PST.

Thanks,
Cal.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36613 upvotes
Scarborough
The problem first reported in this thread was related to the daily/weekly type email notifications which I confirmed had stopped working. My instant email notifications always worked and still continue to work as far as I know (I added a few new of this type to check).

If there is an issue with instant emails that's a new issue.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4612 posts
9050 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
TomRFD wrote: If there is an issue with instant emails that's a new issue.
I misunderstood the original issue then.

I haven't got any emails from RFD for weeks. I use instant emails on all threads and 2 forum subscriptions
I have tried again to unsubscribe hit deals and resubscribe. I'll post here if it works
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2010
1123 posts
1546 upvotes
Victoria
TomRFD wrote: The problem first reported in this thread was related to the daily/weekly type email notifications which I confirmed had stopped working. My instant email notifications always worked and still continue to work as far as I know (I added a few new of this type to check).

If there is an issue with instant emails that's a new issue.
Hi Tom,

Gotcha. I will continue working/chatting with you on the other thread. My mistake for posting in this thread. I thought it was the same issue, but as you pointed out this was for daily/weekly, whereas my issue is with instant.

Thanks again Tom,
Cal.
May 2, 2005
716 posts
159 upvotes
XR4Ti wrote: Last night I got my hot deals emails for the first time in a couple of weeks.
Daily emails stopped again last night.