Tags:
None
[OP]
May 28, 2007
743 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto

Not so nice deal on Kijiji

Hey I was browsing Kijiji and found this ad.

LINK

I emailed the seller just to see what they would say. I expected too good to be true as lately I have been getting a lot of scammers emailing my ads.

Anyway I received an email from some girl stating the camera is available but she was out of town. She requested an EMT of $150 to hold the camera. I also asked her(him) for his # but she asked for mine instead since she was "out of town".

I expected her(him) to be from someone overseas, so I asked the scammer for their bank info expecting West Africa or something but I was surprised to get a SWIFT code to Bank of Montreal in Toronto.

Sad thing is I'm sure someone in hte GTA will fall for this.

Ohh I have clicked (Report FRAUD) link on the right. Hopefully enough clicks will get the page pulled.
Oh Hai!
4 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2361 posts
330 upvotes
And link is dead. Out of curiosity, what was the "deal"?
[OP]
May 28, 2007
743 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
"The Deal" was Canon 5DII + 24-105L lens + 2GB (lol) CF card for $1100 CDN.

Here is the bank info provided. (last 4 digit on accoun # I crossed out)

Recipient: Global Collect BV
Bank name: Bank of Montreal Toronto
Account number: 00100022125xxxx
SWIFT code: BOFM CA T2
Reference: 341502465209

The seller was adamant that I put that particular reference number on teh EMT. Anyone know what this is all about? Does it point to another bank account? Transfer's out?

Oh this was the last email from the "seller" when I told them I will be filling this information to FRAUD @ BMO.

"Ok jordan :) are you crying now that you've been stupid enought sometime and you've lost some money ? once ? twice ? how many times ? :) your cousin or anyone in this world cannot stop this type of deal, the deal that is based on stupid peoples like you :) "
Oh Hai!