• Dec 6th, 2018 7:00 pm
[OP]
Jul 20, 2014
626 posts
63 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
ES_Revenge wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 2:40 pm
:facepalm: I think this thread is going in the wrong direction here. You missed where I said--what are the trim, options, etc, and what is the MSRP of your particular vehicle?
I believe I paid MSRP because I didnt get anything off the actual car price.

I got a Civic Sedan EX White so extra 350$ for that white colour.
[OP]
Jul 20, 2014
626 posts
63 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 2:39 pm
Yeah you got a good deal...stop worrying! What's done is done. Enjoy that new car smell and be happy!
is it? I swear thats just MSRP.

I really had to negotiate to get the tires rims everything on the car, they were willing to do tires but not the rims. When I pick up the car on Tuesday it'll be ready to go with winter tires, but I didnt get anything off the MSRP :(

On the bill of sale what it says I got is BF Goodrich 16 inch snow PKG
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
9657 posts
4022 upvotes
Toronto
Like I said, you got a good deal. Dealers don't make much from selling new cars, commission is like $100. Plus you got free tires/rims!
Dealers make bulk of their money from selling extra's, maintenance plans, extended warranties and servicing cars.
bruenor9 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 2:45 pm
is it? I swear thats just MSRP.

I really had to negotiate to get the tires rims everything on the car, they were willing to do tires but not the rims. When I pick up the car on Tuesday it'll be ready to go with winter tires, but I didnt get anything off the MSRP :(

On the bill of sale what it says I got is BF Goodrich 16 inch snow PKG

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
3465 posts
1153 upvotes
Toronto
Go speak to the manager tomorrow if this is killing you. Tell him straight up, "look I don't think I got a good deal, what can you do about it?" He will tell you "LOL".

Better approach might be, some sob story. "My dog died and I can't take the delivery" make sure to shed a tear or two and ask for the deposit back.

Then before placing any deposit for the next Honda civic, do your research and make sure dealer don't make any money so you can be happy.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11338 posts
1760 upvotes
RFD
Had $750 off MSRP, winter tire/rims package, and rubber winter mats thrown in on a different vehicle. It really depends on the dealer and salesperson, but you'd have to negotiate all this before signing the bill of sale. After that there's no going back.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
21845 posts
6852 upvotes
Toronto
You must be new here .. true rfder would have done email bombing to all the Honda dealers to see who is willing to give you the lowest price.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11338 posts
1760 upvotes
RFD
bruenor9 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 2:00 pm
Bought a 2019 civic EX, don't have delivery on Tuesday but I feel like I could have bargained more. All I got was winter tires with it which is like another thousand, can I go back in to the dealership and negotiate? what happens if I dont want the car anymore as I haven't taken delivery?
marcsterr wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 2:10 pm
Even though you don't want the car and haven't taken delivery, there's no "cooling off" period here in Ontario so they will likely keep your deposit.

You can go back to the dealership to try and negotiate, but they're not obligated to give you a better deal at this point in time.
If any of these apply in your case, you can technically get out of a contract in Ontario, aside from that there is indeed no cooling off period. You can really nitpick on one detail and possibly get out of it, such as the part where it reads "odometer reading (or a statement that distance travelled is not available)"

https://www.ontario.ca/page/buying-new- ... our-rights

90-day contract cancellation
When you buy a vehicle, a dealer must give you the most accurate information available about a vehicle’s history and key features. If certain information is missing you have 90-days to cancel the contract. If any of the information below is not accurate, you can cancel within 90 days:

-odometer reading (or a statement that distance travelled is not available)
-make, model and year
-whether the vehicle has been “branded” by the Ministry of Transportation as salvage, rebuilt or irreparable
-accurate details of past use (e.g., if the vehicle was used as a taxi, limousine, rental car, police or emergency vehicle)
[OP]
Jul 20, 2014
626 posts
63 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
radeonboy wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 6:28 pm
Had $750 off MSRP, winter tire/rims package, and rubber winter mats thrown in on a different vehicle. It really depends on the dealer and salesperson, but you'd have to negotiate all this before signing the bill of sale. After that there's no going back.
Damn I wonder if maybe the manager will add 750 off the MSRP or tinted windows
Feb 25, 2015
935 posts
298 upvotes
York Region
You can't come to RFD and ask if you got a good deal. Some of these guys are masters of their craft and would get a better deal than you due the amount of research and effort.

Just enjoy the car now and forget about it.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2813 posts
1543 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Next time don't ask after you sign. If you really want to start a thread, do it before you sign anything.

It's way too late now and really on a $26k car, is $500-1000 really going to break you. If it does, then maybe you shouldn't be buying a car.

The deal is fine anyways, you at least got something than buying full MSRP. Better than most people.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
1835 posts
371 upvotes
THORNHILL
They offered a friend of mine $1500 off when looking at a floor model when he had his car for service. You got taken to the cleaners' OP big time.
Even loosing the deposit could save you some money.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6139 posts
1676 upvotes
Bottomline: once you've signed, stop thinking about the price. Remember despite the general negative impression of car salesmen, they're in the business of making money as well. It's not about "what's the lowest price I can get." It's "what price am I comfortable paying".
Dec 21, 2013
919 posts
644 upvotes
GTA
bruenor9 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 7:08 pm
Damn I wonder if maybe the manager will add 750 off the MSRP or tinted windows
Nah, you could do better. At least $3500 or else you're paying the sucker's price.

It is one of the best selling car's in Canada.

They should be paying you to buy it, right? Right??
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
1835 posts
371 upvotes
THORNHILL
Swerny wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 12:19 pm
then you got hosed.

Turn in your RFD membership card on your way out.
Especially being year end. They should have given him huge discounts on top of a rub and tug gift certificate.