Not sure if I got best deal for 2019 civic

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2018 7:00 pm
Oct 3, 2017
86 posts
49 upvotes
Swerny wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 4:59 pm
I wish I could downvote this thread again.
I just downvoted it for you lol. Can't imagine this is a real post. Sounds like someone with time looking for a laugh (at us for responding).
[OP]
Jul 20, 2014
624 posts
63 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
George613 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 5:05 pm
I just downvoted it for you lol. Can't imagine this is a real post. Sounds like someone with time looking for a laugh (at us for responding).
Nah relax its real, im not a one post troll, just expressing my feelings :(

I have delivery tomorrow, going to try to get like tinted windows added, if not its cool, I hope il; enjoy the civic!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
23237 posts
3546 upvotes
bruenor9 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 4:43 pm
Honestly now im stressed about the whole break in period, I commute 125km every day on the QEW, how am I suppose to go slow on the QEW.
Break in has nothing to do with "going slow" (in fact no aspect of driving has anything to do with that lol). During break in you're just not supposed to drive at one speed for an extended period; also avoid things like redlining and hard acceleration. If you drive in traffic everyday, this will solve the "constant speed" issue since you'll be slowing and accelerating all the time, so that's fine.

There's also the school of thinking that says you should do the opposite and redline the car...but no manufacturer that I've seen recommends that for a 4-stroke IC engine. I recommend you follow the procedure in the manual.
Jul 24, 2014
100 posts
40 upvotes
Westmount, QC
bruenor9 wrote: Nah relax its real, im not a one post troll, just expressing my feelings :(

I have delivery tomorrow, going to try to get like tinted windows added, if not its cool, I hope il; enjoy the civic!

Congrats on the car and make sure to post some pics when you pick it up!

Also, the break in period is about putting varying load on your engine and drivetrain without going too crazy. Speed doesn’t really matter much (assuming you’re going the speed limit). It’s about how you get to that speed.

Drive slowly at first to let your car warm up. Try not to exceed 5K RPM unless you have to for safety reasons and avoid driving long distances with the engine constantly at the same RPM.

Enjoy!
[OP]
Jul 20, 2014
624 posts
63 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Just wanted to update you all, got delivery last night, told the manager I thought I got finessed, he added tinted windows for free, and I took delivery, love the car, Adaptive cruise control is life changing.
Dec 21, 2013
918 posts
642 upvotes
GTA
bruenor9 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 4:41 pm
Just wanted to update you all, got delivery last night, told the manager I thought I got finessed, he added tinted windows for free, and I took delivery, love the car, Adaptive cruise control is life changing.
Good.

Enjoy your purchase and be happy. How is Adaptive cruise control on highway bumper to bumper? Does it actually work or do you still have to gas/brake/accelerate/gas/brake etc.
[OP]
Jul 20, 2014
624 posts
63 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
georgecantstandya wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 5:11 pm
Good.

Enjoy your purchase and be happy. How is Adaptive cruise control on highway bumper to bumper? Does it actually work or do you still have to gas/brake/accelerate/gas/brake etc.
Its amazing, you dont have to, only thing is if your stopped for too long you gotta press the resume cruise button, honestly its life changing.
Dec 21, 2013
918 posts
642 upvotes
GTA
bruenor9 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 5:18 pm
Its amazing, you dont have to, only thing is if your stopped for too long you gotta press the resume cruise button, honestly its life changing.
RIP my wallet

Oct 3, 2018
36 posts
35 upvotes
Don't worry man, i now a guy who paid 18k for his 4 yr old civic with 140km on it. 9 grand for the car, 9 grand to finance. I told him why didnt you pick up a rolla, he said theyre not 'sexy enough' lmao
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
46681 posts
12702 upvotes
bruenor9 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 4:41 pm
What tint brand? Is it ceramic?

Enjoy your new ride and the volume knobs.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
9391 posts
1926 upvotes
Markham
I actually find the adaptive cruise control is useless, but other new feature is genius such as cross traffic alert, pre-collision alert, etc
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6723 posts
1276 upvotes
Mississauga
bruenor9 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 5:18 pm
Congrats enjoy the car.
[OP]
Jul 20, 2014
624 posts
63 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
MP3_SKY wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 12:46 am
I actually find the adaptive cruise control is useless, but other new feature is genius such as cross traffic alert, pre-collision alert, etc
I drive 150 km to work everyday, and I dont push the gas pedal once the whole trip when im on the highway.
Feb 17, 2015
335 posts
316 upvotes
Canada
Dont get used to it much...you might forget how to drive. Grinning Face
bruenor9 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 3:28 pm
I drive 150 km to work everyday, and I dont push the gas pedal once the whole trip when im on the highway.
...its all good man... 😎