Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26211 posts
39769 upvotes
Toronto

Re: Note 10.1 2014 Opinions

Most places have money back. Best bet is to buy it and see if you're happy with the performance. You're the best judge of that, not us. The Note4 did get official Lollipop update awhile ago if that is a consideration.

We have a Note 4 10.1 at work (SM-T530). it is a fine tablet, love the IR blaster. Good battery life too.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
1 reply
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2569 posts
751 upvotes
Ottawa
i will share my experience as i just returned one to Staples today after 3 days of having it.
Disclaimer - i would not buy it from Staples to keep, they are selling it at VERY high price of $500. Bought it ONLY to try it to have first-hand experience.

i currently have Nexus 10 which i like very much.
i mostly use it in portrait orientation for reading magazines, even web browsing is more convenient for me in portrait.
one HUGE advantage for me with Nexus 10 is soft buttons. When i rotate the tablet, buttons follow the rotation, which is not the case with tablets with physical button (read - NOTE 10.1).
Also, i have better experience with wi-fi performance with Nexus - Note was losing connectivity while Nexus was keeping it up.
I like 5.1.1 on Nexus and Note is on 4.4.3. For some it's not an issue, but for me it is. Not sure if Note will be upgraded by Samsung at all.
last thing - one of the main reasons i wanted the Note is the S-Pen experience. i have Note 4 and use the pen sometimes to quickly add a note or something.
For me, S-Pen experience on Note 10.1 was very disappointing, it feels more like piece of cheap plastic which is not very convenient to use.

i personally decided to wait until new Samsung tablets will be released to try them out - their physical button is in the "right" location for me.

RESUME: would i buy Note 10.1? for the right price i might, just to try and convince myself. but this right price will be not higher than $250 (obviously used).

if S-Pen functionality is not required, i would suggest to look at other models, maybe Tab S or Tab Pro 10.
IT Services provider in Ottawa area.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)