Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
2031 posts
575 upvotes
m4r 1k8

Note 3 or S5

Hey guys I'm looking to update my phone from a Nexus 4 .. and any of these choices will be a big step up! Being that these devices are so popular i have no worries for software updates ... now my question is which would be better? Note 3 or S5? these are in the price range i am looking for and i prefer samsung SAMOLED vs IPS displays and they have great camera software... which is the better phone? besides the screen size?
6 replies
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
The newer one of course is always better. You need to ask yourself what do you want in a device and compare the two and see which one fits you the best. Do you want a bigger screen for watching movies/playing games? Do you want a bigger battery for longer usage? Etc.

Everyone will suggest the newly released phones but you need to let us know the specifics in helping you out more clearly.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
2031 posts
575 upvotes
m4r 1k8
honestly man i need it for battery life nexus 4 did the job ok but would like to go without re charging every 5-7 hours .. i go on reddit a lot and i like to take pictures on my phone wether its an event or i need to take pics of notes for school ... or pics to explain something ...

so pictures + battery life is my main concern I'm thinking s5 cause 5.7inches might be too big! my cousin got the one plus one and it was too big for one hand ...
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
1012 posts
209 upvotes
I think you answered your question yourself. Get the S5 then.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
How easy is it to get Cyanogenmod on S5/Note3? On my Nexus 7 it was extremely easy, with their (one click?) Installer. Is it the same with Samsung devices?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
2031 posts
575 upvotes
m4r 1k8
iHateShaw wrote: How easy is it to get Cyanogenmod on S5/Note3? On my Nexus 7 it was extremely easy, with their (one click?) Installer. Is it the same with Samsung devices?
i think its a bit more difficult but with cyanogenmod there should be numerous amounts of videos on youtube
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22160 posts
10325 upvotes
Toronto
If you have a note 3 or S5, using the CM installer may trip knox. For the note 3, you can root and install a custom recovery without tripping knox.

By flashing a custom recovery, this allows you to flash any custom ROM and create a nandroid backup.