None
May 7, 2012
95 posts
35 upvotes
treasureseeker2 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 9:56 pm
No it isn't

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sam ... 7b97c6en02

Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy Ace II x Smartphone - Black - Virgin Mobile SuperTab(TM)
FREE $150 GIFT CARD with activation (in-store only, see store for details)

IMO it's the new hot deal. It not as fast or large as the SIIX, but it's $0 + $150 tab - $150 GC - 2x$25 BB rewardzone referral credits = -$50

How much on VM supertab? $200?? http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/phones/ph ... ctTerm=SP2
Anyway I'm completely satisfied with my deal. Next they'll be offering to pay US each month. Hang on!
Dec 29, 2008
63 posts
5 upvotes
If I buy an unlock code from mobilexpresscanada.com, do I still need to follow all those other steps to unlock?
What steps do I need to do to unlock if I buy the code?
Trying to find the fastest, easiest way to unlock the phone for Fido.
Thanks...
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
1869 posts
190 upvotes
Burlington
CaptainCanuck16 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 10:43 pm
If I buy an unlock code from mobilexpresscanada.com, do I still need to follow all those other steps to unlock?
What steps do I need to do to unlock if I buy the code?
Trying to find the fastest, easiest way to unlock the phone for Fido.
Thanks...

put other sim and put in the code. you done.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2008
9782 posts
440 upvotes
famosa wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 9:54 pm
Ya. It sure seems like you got a used one. Possibly an RFD return from someone else on this thread.

99 out of 100 times: unlocked = used
wrong
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1083 posts
75 upvotes
Mrbj wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 5:32 pm
lol..too many wrong buttons...but the good news is there are very low chances you will screw up. If you are able to use Bell sim, you got it right (when you dont get unlock sim message).

Good job!!
Thanks Mrbj !! My Bell sim works. Does that mean I can put in a Roger's or mobilicity sim and my phone will work ?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1083 posts
75 upvotes
Anyone check their online Koodo account after cancelling the monthly plan ? If I try to view the Koodo Tab tab online, I get a "Sorry, you are not authorized to access this information." When I check my transaction history, I get a "Sorry, you are not authorized to access this information. "

How can I confirm Koodo cancelled my account and charged my credit card the $150 for the tab ?
Feb 8, 2012
504 posts
64 upvotes
VANCOUVER
sylvestor2002 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2012 1:03 am
Anyone check their online Koodo account after cancelling the monthly plan ? If I try to view the Koodo Tab tab online, I get a "Sorry, you are not authorized to access this information." When I check my transaction history, I get a "Sorry, you are not authorized to access this information. "

How can I confirm Koodo cancelled my account and charged my credit card the $150 for the tab ?
That's what happened to me last time. Just wait a few days/a week, it will generate an e-bill then you will be able to see the amount owed.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2012
1924 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
treasureseeker2 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 9:56 pm
No it isn't

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sam ... 7b97c6en02

Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy Ace II x Smartphone - Black - Virgin Mobile SuperTab(TM)
FREE $150 GIFT CARD with activation (in-store only, see store for details)

IMO it's the new hot deal. It not as fast or large as the SIIX, but it's $0 + $150 tab - $150 GC - 2x$25 BB rewardzone referral credits = -$50
There is no mention of the GC on the BB website.. and SuperTab amount is not mentioned as well!!
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1498 posts
5 upvotes
hi

i have a semi-related question.

Purchased a used samsung s2x (originally locked to telus). The previous owner got it unlocked to GSM networks.
I bought an unlock code from mobilexpresscanada however when I insert my mobiliciity sim and start it up it doesn't prompt for a code.
So what do I do?? :(

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
2039 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
deeplove wrote:
Dec 8th, 2012 9:52 am
hi

Purchased a used samsung s2x (originally locked to telus). The previous owner got it unlocked to GSM networks.
I bought an unlock code from mobilexpresscanada however when I insert my mobiliciity sim and start it up it doesn't prompt for a code.

Thanks!
It was already unlocked as you said. You wasted $15 from mobilexpresscanada. Put in mobi sim and enjoy your phone. If its not auto picking up your network, goto setting - network - and change network mode to auto.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
11290 posts
727 upvotes
Toronto
deeplove wrote:
Dec 8th, 2012 9:52 am
hi

Thanks!
If the previous owner had it unlocked by code, there would be no need for you to purchase the unlock code again.

If the phone was unlocked before you inserted your Mobilicity sim, it will not prompt you for a code. If it was carrier locked before you inserted your Mobilicity sim, it would prompt you for the network unlock code from mobileexpress.

The more important question: can you connect to the Mobilicity network with your phone?
Mar 26, 2007
425 posts
127 upvotes
Scarborough
peteryorkuca wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 9:49 pm
Samsung is a Korean company. Almost all their products have korean language option among english, french, spanish. S2X indeed have Korean but no idea how to get Chinese.
CM10 rom has a lot of languages support including Chinese. And it is 4.12 jellybean. don't forget to flash the gapps(4.12) pack with the rom.
Nov 13, 2012
24 posts
9 upvotes
Port Moody
gamzerz wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 7:19 pm
Anyone got the diztronic case for this phone? How is it?
I got one. It took a little over a week to get here. It fits nice and feels nice in the hand. I like it but then I've never been much into cases. Even my nine year old said "That's a nice case Daddy" :)
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2917 posts
697 upvotes
GTA
gamzerz wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 7:19 pm
Anyone got the diztronic case for this phone? How is it?
I've had it for about a month now. I love it.
× < >