None
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
4784 posts
991 upvotes
Kanata
Tha DraGun wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 1:20 pm
No go with Bestbuy like I thought. I told them it was in my pocket and then when I took it out it was cracked, didnt drop. They said doesnt matter how it cracked nothing they can do. The guy said same thing happened to him when he sat down with it in his pocket.
They said cheapest thing to do was to either buy another one, or buy a cheaper phone if I dont want to pay that much.
In the US they have protection you can buy but not here.
:(
They have it here too, but have to buy it prior to the phone breaking. Though I'm not sure if it even covers accidental damage. Anyway, you'll prob be able to get it for around $125 again with gift cards and referral credits, it's not so bad. Like I said you have an extra OEM battery, charger, headphones which either you can sell or keep. Stuff happens, don't be so down! Look at boxing day sales, you might get an awesome deal on either this phone or better phones.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Nov 2, 2010
266 posts
20 upvotes
Tabooger wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 1:37 pm
They have it here too, but have to buy it prior to the phone breaking. Though I'm not sure if it even covers accidental damage. Anyway, you'll prob be able to get it for around $125 again with gift cards and referral credits, it's not so bad. Like I said you have an extra OEM battery, charger, headphones which either you can sell or keep. Stuff happens, don't be so down! Look at boxing day sales, you might get an awesome deal on either this phone or better phones.
Hopefully I will not regret cancelling my Product Exchange Plan...
Feb 11, 2002
524 posts
30 upvotes
Calgary
Does anyone know if I can go in and sign up for this deal and then afterwards get a different number ported over? My work will allow me to port my existing number over to the new phone but have to fill out a bunch of paperwork to do so. This way I can just go sign up for the deal (since its the last day to get the bonuses through bestbuy), get a new number and then a month from now switch to the different number.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2338 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
is this the right link to unlock Samsung Galaxy 2x SGH-T989D?
http://www.mobilexpresscanada.com/index ... cts_id=314

Some posters have complained about having issues with fast gsm after unlock. What does that mean?

If I can make calls from my Chatr sim, will that verify the unlock is properly done? how to verify data/gsm is also unlocked (dont have a data plan yet)
some posters here have complained about fast gsm issues after unlocking, what does that mean?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1914 posts
286 upvotes
Toronto
Tha DraGun wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 1:20 pm
No go with Bestbuy like I thought. I told them it was in my pocket and then when I took it out it was cracked, didnt drop. They said doesnt matter how it cracked nothing they can do. The guy said same thing happened to him when he sat down with it in his pocket.
They said cheapest thing to do was to either buy another one, or buy a cheaper phone if I dont want to pay that much.
In the US they have protection you can buy but not here.
:(
I am positive they sold $20 protection plan for $100 Galaxy S1 6 months back... Man that sux. Throw it at samsung hq for putting a crapy unlucky spell it on...
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1914 posts
286 upvotes
Toronto
bsobaid wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 3:24 pm
is this the right link to unlock Samsung Galaxy 2x SGH-T989D?
http://www.mobilexpresscanada.com/index ... cts_id=314

Some posters have complained about having issues with fast gsm after unlock. What does that mean?

If I can make calls from my Chatr sim, will that verify the unlock is properly done? how to verify data/gsm is also unlocked (dont have a data plan yet)
some posters here have complained about fast gsm issues after unlocking, what does that mean?
Or just unlock it for free.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1914 posts
286 upvotes
Toronto
str8jkt wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 2:39 pm
Does anyone know if I can go in and sign up for this deal and then afterwards get a different number ported over? My work will allow me to port my existing number over to the new phone but have to fill out a bunch of paperwork to do so. This way I can just go sign up for the deal (since its the last day to get the bonuses through bestbuy), get a new number and then a month from now switch to the different number.

Thanks!
Better deal coming out tomorrow, Fri.
Oct 21, 2005
559 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
peteryorkuca wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 3:30 pm
Better deal coming out tomorrow, Fri.
Are you speculating or you have insider information? :-)
Feb 11, 2002
524 posts
30 upvotes
Calgary
Ugh agreed, would love to know this before biting on this deal after work.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
2952 posts
115 upvotes
Mtl
It was posted in another thread that starting tmw the price drops to 75$ from 100$. 100$ gc & 150 tab still apply. Some ppl get their bestbuy flyers delivered early
Price errors are the only real sales :)
I refused to be gouged by canadian retailers when purchases can be made in the U.S for a LOT less..
Feb 11, 2002
524 posts
30 upvotes
Calgary
sparrow_69 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 4:13 pm
It was posted in another thread that starting tmw the price drops to 75$ from 100$. 100$ gc & 150 tab still apply. Some ppl get their bestbuy flyers delivered early
Bestbuy should offer price protection on that though where I could just walk in tomorrow and get the $25 back right?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2338 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
sparrow_69 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 4:13 pm
o boy..I hope they do refund as I have already cxled my account with Koodo..
I wonder they will give $25 back or yet another gift card...
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
11053 posts
669 upvotes
Toronto
No tax this Saturday at RCSS. Hope it applies to phones :)
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
3403 posts
423 upvotes
Kingston
poklim wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 1:47 pm
Hopefully I will not regret cancelling my Product Exchange Plan...
The guy said PEP does not cover screen breakage. No plan covers it.

Anyone know what the referral credits show up as on reward zone? I referred one of my friends but cant tell if I got the credit or not.
× < >