• Jan 8th, 2010 12:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
10808 posts
1345 upvotes
Edmonton

Now they're just beating a dead horse: Future Shop Boxing Week Sale EXTENDED

As if it wasn't bad enough that retailers had IMOH the most lackluster deals on boxing day and boxing week, now they have the gall to promote the January 1-7 flyer as a 'BOXING WEEK EXTENDED' sale.

Give it a rest already. The boxing day deals sucked. The boxing week deals sucked. Cut the cord and start with decent deals for 2010.

Stop trying to drag customers in store to salvage what will surely be a piss poor 2009 boxing holiday sales record, by hyping up overpriced products.

Start trying to sell the unemployed beer swilling masses a 70"+ gargantuan tv they will return the day after the superbowl...
33 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7626 posts
161 upvotes
Montreal
wow. a BW sale extended.. is it the first time we are seeing this? :|
Banned
Jul 16, 2003
10398 posts
1464 upvotes
Toronto
So either people complain about NOT having a sale, or they complain for HAVING a sale.

I got it.
Andre Oliveira - Mortgage Agent
Mortgage Intelligence - FSCO# 10428
Dec 19, 2007
360 posts
6 upvotes
the_fm wrote:
Jan 1st, 2010 10:33 pm
wow. a BW sale extended.. is it the first time we are seeing this? :|

from a major retailer like FS, definitely.

if the "sale" deals were worth setting foot in store for or opening up your browser window it would only take a few hours... not 2 weeks.

at this rate they'll have to call it "boxing month".
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2004
6627 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Some deals (e.g. Logitech Z2300) don't seem to have been extended...
Nov 10, 2005
543 posts
453 upvotes
Dude what difference does it make? I'm glad to save some money, whether it's 50%, 30% or 15%. And just because what you're looking for wasn't on sale doesn't mean there were no good sales. I got some pretty sweet stuff actually, and I wish more stores were continuing their boxing day sales because I was too busy in the last week to give more than 1 day to shopping.

An extra week of discount prices sounds good to me, even if the deals aren't insane.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
4181 posts
1 upvote
More horsing around by those deadbeats at FS. Why am I not surprised? :D
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4267 posts
1337 upvotes
Prices at Best Buy / Future Shop aren't really intended for the RFDer. It's more-so for the senior citizens / less technologically incline.
Oct 27, 2009
301 posts
125 upvotes
on january 8th we will see new years extended sale
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4654 posts
246 upvotes
Sooner or later, sales are gonna be extended longer and longer, and deals are gonna get even worse; to the point they just have to put up a "sale" sign and people will be all over it (well other than those who go on RFD and do their research).
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
10982 posts
342 upvotes
Ottawa
vse wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2010 1:30 am
on january 8th we will see new years extended sale
I don't think they'll do it again, although yes, this extension was planned well in advance; why else was FS's in-store pickup and stock locator always "unavailable until January 8th", instead of BB's January 3rd date.

I'm ticked off though - come on, so many of them items have been OOS since December 26th, or even the 24th from online. Why keep advertising items you've run out of?
- Absolute
Sep 19, 2007
242 posts
42 upvotes
Absolute wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2010 11:33 am
I'm ticked off though - come on, so many of them items have been OOS since December 26th, or even the 24th from online. Why keep advertising items you've run out of?
Since the option to check store availability is still off line the only way you can know if they have it or not is to go to the store. And this exactly what they want, since when you will be in the store and found out the items you wanted isn't there you might buy something else instead... well this is what they hope for and even better for them if you buy something that isn't in special :D .
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1276 posts
156 upvotes
Absolute wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2010 11:33 am
I don't think they'll do it again, although yes, this extension was planned well in advance; why else was FS's in-store pickup and stock locator always "unavailable until January 8th", instead of BB's January 3rd date.

They don't ;)

I went to get a 1.5TB HD made by WD today at BB. Anyways called in advance, the girl at customer service was a ****. Long story short all i wanted was to confirm stock since the website link posts up 'check local stores', and the website has no stock number, like other retailers [if they do, i did not notice it anyways].

The guy in the store was bewildered, and tried to tell me that there is no more in the store since boxing day. I told him BS, i called 30 mins prior and confirmed 25 units in the store.

So he calls another guy, and recognizes which drive i am inquiring about. And i got one. As it turns out, prior to the 4th of january when they updated the website to allow ISPU, you have to tell them in the store. So it is kind of a 'i know about it' deal and they have to get it for you, they did not have a display or anything in store.

The girl on the phone tried to argue with me that she cannot check and that i cannot pick it up. I simply told her: "as per your website, check local stores for stock", so she shut up at that point! :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7626 posts
161 upvotes
Montreal
Canada_7 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2010 11:02 am
Sooner or later, sales are gonna be extended longer and longer, and deals are gonna get even worse; to the point they just have to put up a "sale" sign and people will be all over it (well other than those who go on RFD and do their research).
nah man. people will eventually catch on and not be fooled by the so-called sales. it'll take a while though