Investing

is now the time to invest in oil stocks?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 1:13 pm
Tags:
Aug 16, 2015
141 posts
12 upvotes
just another 25% or so and we'll be back to 4.50 on GXO. LOL.

I'm going to drip it, maybe it can recover over time.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2014
1024 posts
182 upvotes
Ontario
Oil time? My XLE holding finally doing something. Time to buy more?
Sep 18, 2016
86 posts
23 upvotes
jerryhung wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 11:09 am
As ENB/ENF bagholder, I'm so jealous of PPL, new 52w high daily since ER (dipped to $43 and now $46)
Decent 4-5% yield too
Jerry, our ENb/ENF time will come, too.
"Just because it's illogical doesn't mean it can't continue to move up"
Aug 16, 2015
141 posts
12 upvotes

I can't believe this **** company. Are they intentionally trying to fleece shareholders or what? And I only bought 1000 worth.

Need to dump on Monday. I'm done.
Nov 28, 2010
894 posts
124 upvotes
Brampton
..... Had ENB buy price at $46, saw it fell close to it, changed it to $45, see it's close to it, changed it to $40 lol
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
3936 posts
192 upvotes
US RIGS UP, downside oil time.

News reporting US rigs are up (fact) and FORECAST that demand will be there next year.

I dont buy this forecast but I am worrisome about OPEC meeting later in NOV.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Jun 28, 2016
207 posts
92 upvotes
jerryhung wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:41 am
WTI -2%
Nat gas -3%

TSX Energy ugly, -2~5%
Stairs UP, Elevator DOWN
We've actually been on something of an elevator ride up lately. 42 --> 57 in less than 5 months, and Brent rose even faster. Today's a bad day for price action, but nothing about the fundamentals has materially changed. The rig count's been down/flat for months, inventories are drawing like crazy, and the spread is still supportive of US exports. Today could be a reaction to the unexpected rise in the rig count on Friday, a reaction to the EIA's report on December shale production this morning, or part of the general risk-off that has equities tumbling today. Quite likely, all three are contributing. Either way, it's not surprising for an upward advance to periodically retrace.

Edit: Actually, it seems that the big contributor to the price crash was the IEA's latest demand/supply guestimate, as they guessed that we are currently oversupplied and will only be more oversupplied in the future. Considering that OPEC predicted the exact opposite just yesterday, that IEA's calls have been wrong as often as right lately, and, most importantly, that their call seems to contradict recent inventory changes, as well as the Brent/WTI spread, I'm going to take it with a grain of salt.
Aug 16, 2015
141 posts
12 upvotes
In other words.... we should buy dwt is what you're saying?