Investing

is now the time to invest in oil stocks?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2024 9:55 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
1539 posts
730 upvotes
Icekain wrote: Anyone know what's happening to HOU and the roll over tmr with contracts should we be selling as share holders?
They have June contract, not May
Nov 26, 2009
97 posts
139 upvotes
Icekain wrote: Anyone know what's happening to HOU and the roll over tmr with contracts should we be selling as share holders?
HOU is already tracking 100% the June 2020 Futures contract.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2003
2417 posts
1299 upvotes
YVR
Why are stocks like SU and IMO up today? aren't their businesses reliant on the price of oil being higher?
Dec 27, 2011
664 posts
542 upvotes
AB
Charles wrote: Why are stocks like SU and IMO up today? aren't their businesses reliant on the price of oil being higher?
Wondering the same, seems most major o&g companies are staying relatively flat (slightly red or green) despite another oil price collapse.
Jul 30, 2016
752 posts
309 upvotes
May be they stopped producing oil and making masks/ventilators thinking that it's better business than Oil during Pandemic.
gyu138 wrote: Wondering the same, seems most major o&g companies are staying relatively flat (slightly red or green) despite another oil price collapse.
Mar 3, 2004
588 posts
704 upvotes
So often when oil drops a few percent, many of the Canadian oil stocks drop a few percent.

Today oil drops 57% and all the companies +- a few percent.
May be if oil pops 30% tomorrow the stocks will drop.
Bizarro world.
Feb 6, 2019
60 posts
14 upvotes
Charles wrote: Why are stocks like SU and IMO up today? aren't their businesses reliant on the price of oil being higher?
without knowing a lot about this industry, my guess is that they're more focused on selling refined oil (not raw oil), and the price of the raw material they need to make refined oil is exponentially cheaper than it was yesterday.
Oct 13, 2011
853 posts
714 upvotes
Should people be weary of pipeline stocks? Given current prices, would there be shut down of productions in the near future?
Jan 25, 2015
955 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Rothesay wrote: Should people be weary of pipeline stocks? Given current prices, would there be shut down of productions in the near future?
Im so scared. Should i sell my KEY.TO stock?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
4908 posts
584 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Imagine if oil companies have to pay customers to take the oil off their hands.Bursting at the seams right now in storage capacity.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15620 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
mikolyyyy wrote: i dont understand this. Oil is at all time lows but CNQ and Suncor dont budge lmao
Basically, while oil is down, it's not as bad as people feared so these large caps rallyed on the news. What do I mean not has bad as feared? While the May contracts and down BIG, they expire tomorrow so we really should be concerned about the June contracts and NOT the May ones. The June contracts are down but not nearly as much as Mays so people are expressing some optimism that while we might see some more downside on the spot oil markets, the June contracts are stating that there won't be a complete collapse of the oil market.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8514 posts
6260 upvotes
We could see negative price on OIL. CME removed the lower limit so bottomless, perhaps you get paid to buy oil, that is the most crazy thing
Banned
Mar 24, 2020
99 posts
72 upvotes
craftsman wrote: Basically, while oil is down, it's not as bad as people feared so these large caps rallyed on the news. What do I mean not has bad as feared? While the May contracts and down BIG, they expire tomorrow so we really should be concerned about the June contracts and NOT the May ones. The June contracts are down but not nearly as much as Mays so people are expressing some optimism that while we might see some more downside on the spot oil markets, the June contracts are stating that there won't be a complete collapse of the oil market.
Exactly. News headlines are scamming people.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3326 posts
1885 upvotes
david107 wrote: Exactly. News headlines are scamming people.
OIL CRASHING DOWN ALMOST 100% DONT EVEN THINK JUST PANIC HOLY SHIT WTF CLICK THIS ARTICLE!!!!!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)