Investing

Is now the time to invest in uranium stocks?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2024 8:45 pm
Sep 24, 2006
988 posts
201 upvotes
Collingwood
selling some covered calls against CCO to lower avg price - goviex and nexgen look cheap as hell too, or uranium participation corp for you low risk types, there is also a new ETF HURA that could be worth a look
Sep 24, 2006
988 posts
201 upvotes
Collingwood
adding again , seasonality kicking in

Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
4191 posts
5292 upvotes
on the links!
Cameco down approx 7% today.

So the HBO Chernobyl series gets a few Golden Globe nominations and this happens???
Sep 24, 2006
988 posts
201 upvotes
Collingwood
i've never been this wrong, this many times in a row on a sector but perhaps it's worth a shot again around now, main producer cameco has Q4 earnings in 2 weeks, seasonality did not work at all this year in fact almost polar opposite
Sep 24, 2006
988 posts
201 upvotes
Collingwood
staffpro wrote: i've never been this wrong, this many times in a row on a sector but perhaps it's worth a shot again around now, main producer cameco has Q4 earnings in 2 weeks, seasonality did not work at all this year in fact almost polar opposite
got stopped out trying again today
Sep 24, 2006
988 posts
201 upvotes
Collingwood
staffpro wrote: got stopped out trying again today
I got stopped out every day this week trying to buy cameco lmao what a shit show
Sep 24, 2006
988 posts
201 upvotes
Collingwood
staffpro wrote: I got stopped out every day this week trying to buy cameco lmao what a shit show
haven't been stopped out yet this time this is the first time in months where i haven't lol let's see if this is the real deal
Jan 31, 2008
492 posts
226 upvotes
Québec
I bought HURA last month and I thought it bottomed. It went down quite a bit since then but recovered quick.

My opinion is anytime now, we should see the supply & demand balance of uranium become a bull market for equities.

We do not neccessarily need a growth in nuclear demand to fuel a bull run for equities, because uranium is a very restricted product with limited sellers.

Cameco still has Macarthur River mine (the largest of its type in the world) shutdown due to low commodity prices and Kazachkstan is doing the same until prices improve.

Commodities like uranium and oil have been in the dumpsters for years now, we are due for a bull run.

Personally I bought HURA because I don't want to miss the exposure to a uranium bull run and since I spend most of my time watching Oil & Gas, I prefer to play the ETF which has exposure to NA.

Cameco is probably the only safe name to own fundamentally; riskier highbeta names like Denison Mines or Goviex-like stocks, which don't actually make any meaningful revenue and are simply potential stocks, are only safe to play as cyclical uranium rush stocks as they don't make money. At least with Cameco they are one of the largest producers in the world.
"It is never too late to be what you might have been. "
Sep 24, 2006
988 posts
201 upvotes
Collingwood
staffpro wrote: haven't been stopped out yet this time this is the first time in months where i haven't lol let's see if this is the real deal
Still haven't been stopped out moved stop to entry price and will let this turd fly
Sep 24, 2006
988 posts
201 upvotes
Collingwood
I agree cameco or selling puts on cameco or selling outs on URA or selling puts on U (uranium participation) is the way to play this OR buying calls one or 2 years out for cameco the premium is cheap as a lottery ticket
Sep 24, 2006
988 posts
201 upvotes
Collingwood
Still haven't been stopped out of cameco and moved stop over entry. I got long uranium participation Corp today as it trades at a discount to spot its like GLD for uranium world no mining risk trades at 15% discount to NAV currently and I got long via short at the money april puts that have a 9% time value of money so I got a sweet 24% discount on the whole deal.
Sep 24, 2006
988 posts
201 upvotes
Collingwood
stopped out of CCO again guess that was a false start, will look to re-enter
Jan 31, 2008
492 posts
226 upvotes
Québec
I bought HURA just over a month ago expecting it was near bottomed, oh, was I wrong...

That being said, I am still bullish on select uranium names.

Cameco won't bring more supply online until prices nearly double and Kazahkstan is also limiting production.

Uranium is an imperative commodity, so suppliers will eventually drive the market or else they won't have a market.

I'm staying long HURA. Thinking there will be a sector rotation into commodities soon (oil, gas, uranium)

Huge upside potential once things reverse.
"It is never too late to be what you might have been. "
Sep 24, 2006
988 posts
201 upvotes
Collingwood
chriskanaan wrote: I bought HURA just over a month ago expecting it was near bottomed, oh, was I wrong...

That being said, I am still bullish on select uranium names.

Cameco won't bring more supply online until prices nearly double and Kazahkstan is also limiting production.

Uranium is an imperative commodity, so suppliers will eventually drive the market or else they won't have a market.

I'm staying long HURA. Thinking there will be a sector rotation into commodities soon (oil, gas, uranium)

Huge upside potential once things reverse.
Re-initiated cameco last week at @ 8.20 they just had their hearing in Toronto , news is imminent but its been like that for 2 years now so ... we'll see but they have so much cash now it may get returned via special dividend or something similar
Sep 24, 2006
988 posts
201 upvotes
Collingwood
Added to uranium participation here re coupling imminent and cameco hasn't hit my stop
Images
  • ESX04cOWAAEyDUm (1).jpeg
Sep 24, 2006
988 posts
201 upvotes
Collingwood
come for my shares market makers lmao UPC has no risk here can't get more discounted than -20% to NAV