Investing

Is now the time to invest in uranium stocks?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 11:09 am
Dec 17, 2003
267 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
NakNak wrote:
Mar 26th, 2016 2:34 pm
PHM - .25
AYA - 7.50
DOL - 45
WSP - 25
TD - 25
TSL - 85
Congrats on your performance OP, screenshot for verification?

DOL- $90
TD- $55
AYA- $16

Do you actually believe that AYA, DOL and TD will be down 50% of their value? What are you reading or are you pulling these numbers from thin air?
I'm curious, PHM hit .25, currently .255. Did you buy yet?

Also, DML, Denison Mines, do you know about this company?
[OP]
Jan 19, 2013
275 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
simplysic wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 2:38 am
Congrats on your performance OP, screenshot for verification?

DOL- $90
TD- $55
AYA- $16

Do you actually believe that AYA, DOL and TD will be down 50% of their value? What are you reading or are you pulling these numbers from thin air?
I'm curious, PHM hit .25, currently .255. Did you buy yet?

Also, DML, Denison Mines, do you know about this company?
I wish not to disclose my earnings. I won't touch phm yet. I didn't think it would hit close to .25 yet. I haven't done any proper research on phm or any of that on the list.

I pulled this numbers in a "hypothetical guess" according to what happened in the last two recession. Most stocks were down 50%. Of course it won't happen over night, maybe in during the year or two If the recession is official. But that list is based on pure guessing to be honest.

I did look into those companies. I honestly don't like their financials and after comparing it to Nexgen, why would anyone want to invest in other uranium companies that don't have the same discoveries, 0 debt, and easy to mine resources. Nexgen potential is super unbelievable.
Dec 17, 2003
267 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
NakNak wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 8:09 am
I wish not to disclose my earnings. I won't touch phm yet. I didn't think it would hit close to .25 yet. I haven't done any proper research on phm or any of that on the list.

I pulled this numbers in a "hypothetical guess" according to what happened in the last two recession. Most stocks were down 50%. Of course it won't happen over night, maybe in during the year or two If the recession is official. But that list is based on pure guessing to be honest.

I did look into those companies. I honestly don't like their financials and after comparing it to Nexgen, why would anyone want to invest in other uranium companies that don't have the same discoveries, 0 debt, and easy to mine resources. Nexgen potential is super unbelievable.
Yea, good luck with your run. I'll think of u when DOL and TD are down 50% market cap, it'll be a saddd time to be a Canadian forget just the economy,
Even more good luck with Nexgen, you seem to have tunnel vision with the growth of this company. I hope you allocate 100% of your portfolio and make it big.
[OP]
Jan 19, 2013
275 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
simplysic wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 11:05 am
Yea, good luck with your run. I'll think of u when DOL and TD are down 50% market cap, it'll be a saddd time to be a Canadian forget just the economy,
Even more good luck with Nexgen, you seem to have tunnel vision with the growth of this company. I hope you allocate 100% of your portfolio and make it big.

It's funny what happened today. I actually sold all my position and left 1000 shares at 2.60 BEFORE that crazy drop. The market acted really funny today with oil and gold. I'm going to re-enter NXE when the market crashes. I can't get to greedy, it was a tough decision but I had to let go. 10k profit, not bad.

I don't like whats going to happen this week and next after the fed announcement. Everything will drop! I'll just watch what happens and buy on the dip later this year.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1689 posts
35 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
NakNak wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 5:18 pm
It's funny what happened today. I actually sold all my position and left 1000 shares at 2.60 BEFORE that crazy drop. The market acted really funny today with oil and gold. I'm going to re-enter NXE when the market crashes. I can't get to greedy, it was a tough decision but I had to let go. 10k profit, not bad.

I don't like whats going to happen this week and next after the fed announcement. Everything will drop! I'll just watch what happens and buy on the dip later this year.
what positions will you rotate to based on the presumption the market will crash next week or two?
Looking for an educational source to help pass your G1 written driving test? Check out DrivingTests101.com
It helped me pass my test and had a lot of great resources!
Dec 17, 2003
267 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
NakNak wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 5:18 pm

So you expected this dip? and you sold before it? Wow, your genius is showing!
What is your opinion on the spot price of uranium? Any indication where its going in the near future, say 3-6 months?
[OP]
Jan 19, 2013
275 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
simplysic wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 5:36 pm
So you expected this dip? and you sold before it? Wow, your genius is showing!
What is your opinion on the spot price of uranium? Any indication where its going in the near future, say 3-6 months?
Spot prices might drop to 25, at the end of the year spot might go back up to 30-35. There's still more to bottom out.

NXE gen is still solid, unfortunately we might have a moment this year with a possible market crash , so I'll have to re-enter at more shares around summer time before uranium spot prices goes up because of the demand when China renews the 10- year contracts for their new nuclear plants going live in 2017
Feb 28, 2015
225 posts
18 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I have sold most of my shares as well. Kept 500.
Jun 15, 2012
795 posts
63 upvotes
MB
Sold mine 5000 shares at ~ 2.65-70
Bought another 5000 today at ~2.40-45
Don't believe in market crash

Not yet
I just got greedy ,lol
[OP]
Jan 19, 2013
275 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Blazin_Sunfire wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 5:26 pm
what positions will you rotate to based on the presumption the market will crash next week or two?

I would position yourself in gold mining companies. Perhaps a big one that can survive a market crash. Juniors might get bought out by bigger gold companies just like what happened with my LSG.

My LSG was converted to Tahoe Resourxes THO. I really like THO because they have a decent eps compared to others, their financials are top notch. Also it pays dividends if you're holding for the long run (IF big IF gold ever reaches 2-3k per ounce. It's a Canadian company and the CDN dollar could possible reach 1:1 again against USD in the future. China won't accept usd as part of the gold backed yuan.

Junior Canadian companies that have a high eps is CRJ and ASR. CRJ is be if acquired by silver standard now.

Canada is one of China's number one imports for goods. China is very smart for using other countries resources before they use their own. I don't see an issue with the cdn dollar being accepted by China.

Canada holds the biggest mining companies for
Gold and uranium. China will love to take over as the main shareholders for these companies in the future. That's why NXE uranium is key to position yourself.

It's still undervalued but we'll see what happens when the market crashes. That's my cue to buy more position again.

I wouldn't put all your cash in miners but I would recommend buying physical gold than position a lot on paper gold.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1689 posts
35 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
NakNak wrote:
Apr 19th, 2016 7:43 am
I would position yourself in gold mining companies. Perhaps a big one that can survive a market crash. Juniors might get bought out by bigger gold companies just like what happened with my LSG.

My LSG was converted to Tahoe Resourxes THO. I really like THO because they have a decent eps compared to others, their financials are top notch. Also it pays dividends if you're holding for the long run (IF big IF gold ever reaches 2-3k per ounce. It's a Canadian company and the CDN dollar could possible reach 1:1 again against USD in the future. China won't accept usd as part of the gold backed yuan.

Junior Canadian companies that have a high eps is CRJ and ASR. CRJ is be if acquired by silver standard now.

Canada is one of China's number one imports for goods. China is very smart for using other countries resources before they use their own. I don't see an issue with the cdn dollar being accepted by China.

Canada holds the biggest mining companies for
Gold and uranium. China will love to take over as the main shareholders for these companies in the future. That's why NXE uranium is key to position yourself.

It's still undervalued but we'll see what happens when the market crashes. That's my cue to buy more position again.

I wouldn't put all your cash in miners but I would recommend buying physical gold than position a lot on paper gold.
Thanks for the reply. I had LSG shares, sold half my position, and the remainder is still in THO. i wish i didnt sell the half now, but hindsight is 20/20 lol.

Are you OK with ASR operating in Turkey though?
Looking for an educational source to help pass your G1 written driving test? Check out DrivingTests101.com
It helped me pass my test and had a lot of great resources!
[OP]
Jan 19, 2013
275 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Blazin_Sunfire wrote:
Apr 19th, 2016 11:31 am
Thanks for the reply. I had LSG shares, sold half my position, and the remainder is still in THO. i wish i didnt sell the half now, but hindsight is 20/20 lol.

Are you OK with ASR operating in Turkey though?
That's a good question. Now that I think about it, I think that could be a risk on it's own. CRJ is the way to go. Thanks for bringing that up.
I looked at their exploration and it is operating in Turkey.

CRJ being acquired by Silver Standard could be a good thing if the demand for silver is high in the future. The acquisition is around May 16-18 i think..it will give CRJ enough time to create a run before it's converted.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1906 posts
665 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Today should be an interesting day. Those riding the roller coaster of penny uranium stocks - I hope you are strapped in!