Investing

Is now the time to invest in uranium stocks?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 11:09 am
Jun 12, 2009
152 posts
17 upvotes
Also holding on to CCO... looking to unload next week though
Jun 15, 2012
794 posts
63 upvotes
MB
Rabbit lake average grade 0.61%

And NXE average grade

The Athabasca Basin deposit contains an estimated 201.9 million pounds of uranium, inferred, at average grades of 2.63%. That makes it the largest high-grade undeveloped uranium deposit on the planet, vaulting the deposit past Basin neighbour Fission Uranium's Triple R deposit.

More than 120 million of those pounds is in the high-grade A2 shear, at an average grade of 13.26% U308.
"I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful."
- Warren Buffett
Sep 24, 2006
783 posts
27 upvotes
resurrecting an old thread in redflagdeals spirit this is either a screaming deal or a falling knife.

can anyone with a more advanced understanding of fundamentals comment. I don't see this in any analyst report or in Cameco MD&A or any presentation or anything posted yet, everyone speaks of demand in the uranium market and I see the fundamentals but i think whats going on behind the spot price pretty obviously is Kazatoprom is dumping uranium at spot with their currency having devalued from 2009 @ 100 to the USD to currently 338 Kazakh Tenghe to the USD. URanium spot hit 18.75 this morning new low http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/metals/ ... anium.html . Looking at kazakhstans budget deficit i see its only 1.7% for 2016 which leads me to believe this can continue longer (they can continue to devalue) and consequently Kazatoprom can continue to dump @ spot price. Can anyone comment on Kazakhstans economy or the currency? as i truly think that is the key to understanding the fundamentals behind uranium market/ #CCO #ccj
Jun 15, 2012
794 posts
63 upvotes
MB
staffpro wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2016 10:01 am
resurrecting an old thread in redflagdeals spirit this is either a screaming deal or a falling knife.

can anyone with a more advanced understanding of fundamentals comment. I don't see this in any analyst report or in Cameco MD&A or any presentation or anything posted yet, everyone speaks of demand in the uranium market and I see the fundamentals but i think whats going on behind the spot price pretty obviously is Kazatoprom is dumping uranium at spot with their currency having devalued from 2009 @ 100 to the USD to currently 338 Kazakh Tenghe to the USD. URanium spot hit 18.75 this morning new low http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/metals/ ... anium.html . Looking at kazakhstans budget deficit i see its only 1.7% for 2016 which leads me to believe this can continue longer (they can continue to devalue) and consequently Kazatoprom can continue to dump @ spot price. Can anyone comment on Kazakhstans economy or the currency? as i truly think that is the key to understanding the fundamentals behind uranium market/ #CCO #ccj
http://seekingalpha.com/article/4016346 ... nium-bulls
"I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful."
- Warren Buffett
Sep 24, 2006
783 posts
27 upvotes
ukrainiandude wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2016 11:08 am
staffpro wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2016 10:01 am

http://seekingalpha.com/article/4016346 ... nium-bulls
barely provides any commentary on Kazakhstan and fundamentals driving their economy other than saying kazatoprom expects to continue to do this into the future.

However I believe after a substantial devaluation any further devaluation in their currency will have diminishing returns.

picked up Cameco before earnings regardless selling@ 0.8 price to book
Jun 28, 2016
206 posts
91 upvotes
staffpro wrote:
Nov 4th, 2016 11:28 am
barely provides any commentary on Kazakhstan and fundamentals driving their economy other than saying kazatoprom expects to continue to do this into the future.

However I believe after a substantial devaluation any further devaluation in their currency will have diminishing returns.

picked up Cameco before earnings regardless selling@ 0.8 price to book
I can't comment on Kazakhstan, but I can comment on Cameco as a fellow shareholder. While I'm certainly happy to see Cameco bouncing up, I think the rise won't last unless uranium prices rise substantially (and, just like you, I find that market pretty opaque). Half CCO's earnings came from letting people out of contracts which obligated them to buy from CCO at higher prices, the court case is still looming, the dividend's not sustainable, and even that last quarter featured a higher spot price than the current price. I'm not sure enough to sell (as I can't predict the uranium market) but I'm also not planning on buying more CCO until I can lock in less than 10 dollars a share (and I unfortunately missed the last opportunity to buy at that level). I'm pretty sure that (barring uranium market recovery) we'll be back at that level or lower within 12 months.
Jun 15, 2012
794 posts
63 upvotes
MB
Nexgen 3.67 CAD
Enjoying the ride.
- Warren Buffett
[OP]
Jan 19, 2013
275 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
ukrainiandude wrote:
Jan 24th, 2017 8:27 pm
Nexgen 3.67 CAD
Enjoying the ride.
I'm enjoying the ride from 3.00 and I picked up 40k shares of PDN @ .09. So far so good, PDN is at .14.
Jul 8, 2005
915 posts
103 upvotes
Wow Paladin has moved a LOT in a short while as you indicated NakNak! What is your analysis on them and their upside? Can they be a 10 bagger for you? Uranium has been ramping up for a bit now but a lot of people think the real action won't be for awhile, maybe a year or two. This is the time to get in if you are patient and you want the big gains though, right?
[OP]
Jan 19, 2013
275 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
I'm surprised nobody is showing an interest in this. Its the uranium bull market all over again. I'm pretty much killing it right now, been holding :P
[OP]
Jan 19, 2013
275 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
By the time people realize this, Nxe would probably be at $6-7 and PDN would be around .30