Investing

Is now the time to invest in uranium stocks?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 11:09 am
[OP]
Jan 19, 2013
275 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Also for those looking for a company similar to NXE, check out Appia Energy. I got in at .28 and in only a week it went to .41. If this is truly a bull market, API (appia energy) will mimic nexgen to 2.8 range
Feb 17, 2012
456 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
Purchased 20,000 shares of PDN last week. Long 4hr conference call tomorrow night at 6:30 with online slides. I'm thinking of calling in! I have a feeling Wednesday morning is going to be a good one :)
Jun 15, 2012
794 posts
63 upvotes
MB
Nexgen energy at 4.37 now and they haven't even updated their resources yet that supposed to go from current 200 m to almost 400 m.
"I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful."
- Warren Buffett
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40869 posts
9763 upvotes
Which has the highest upside with the minimum downside risks for explorers/miners?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40869 posts
9763 upvotes
Lol. Just read on ceo.ca that uranium may have hit bottom in December. Trying to find a solid play and nothing about explorers who have explored and found nothing for decades.

Any company follow the prospector model like MRZ ( non- uranium)?
Sep 24, 2006
783 posts
27 upvotes
might be time to nibble again on cameco? anyone or am i alone in the cave
Jun 28, 2016
206 posts
91 upvotes
staffpro wrote:
May 25th, 2017 11:14 pm
might be time to nibble again on cameco? anyone or am i alone in the cave
I'm definitely thinking about it, but I haven't bought yet. The uranium market is opaque as ever, but I still think it looks pretty cheap. I was planning on buying when it dropped below 12, but I'm not sure it will actually make it there.
Feb 1, 2015
606 posts
132 upvotes
MB
It's on my watch list for a potential seasonal play later this year.
May 24, 2017
10 posts
2 upvotes
I was holding CCO earlier this year but sold it after it started trending in the opposite direction. That was at $16, it's at $12 now.

the commodities rout is hitting all commodities hard
Sep 24, 2006
783 posts
27 upvotes
statisticalAnomaly wrote:
May 26th, 2017 10:33 am
I was holding CCO earlier this year but sold it after it started trending in the opposite direction. That was at $16, it's at $12 now.

the commodities rout is hitting all commodities hard
haha ya i have a relatively small position avg price 14.50 selling calls 15-18% higher so i lower my price by about 12 cents every month or two problem is this past 5 weeks drop has made it really hard to get any premium for strikes above my average so i might just wait it out, trying to decide when to add, i'm not at full positioning yet for this stock and i'm not sure i want to be with a looming recession potential sell off in overall markets but hey 3.2% dividend while waiting not bad company is making lots of revenue with existing contracts its a waiting game at this point as is any uranium name unfortunately.

interesting to note the largest uranium producer kazatoprom in kazakhstan wants to IPO in 2018, similar implications as Saudi Aramco wanting to go public for oil markets .
Sep 24, 2006
783 posts
27 upvotes
uranium Q3 Q4 historically very strong and rumors of favorable CRA case for Cameco coming could be good giant cup and handle on weekly and daily
Images
  • original_94137388-.png
  • original_94441964-.png
Sep 24, 2006
783 posts
27 upvotes
staffpro wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 8:58 pm
uranium Q3 Q4 historically very strong and rumors of favorable CRA case for Cameco coming could be good giant cup and handle on weekly and daily
Someone big got in yesterday $100,000,000 volume traded in a single day. Average daily volume of last 3 months has been about $8.5-$9million/day. 10x normal and uptick. Mark this post.

If you need more convincing to put at least a small percentage of your net worth into this play with potential 10x returns here is a uranium piece from Kopernik Global Investors a famous deep value fund run by legend David B Iben, their largest holding is Cameco. (attached) + 3.3% dividend while you wait for you penny pinchers.

http://kopernikglobal.com/sites/default ... 0Final.pdf
Images
  • 1crr6ep-Untitled.png
Feb 1, 2015
606 posts
132 upvotes
MB
Still in accumulation phase in my opinion.
While Friday's volume was high, the price reversal wasn't strong. That would indicate that supply still exceeds demand.
I would prefer to wait for a retest and a break of the support @ $11.6, and see if that triggers a bullish signal.