Shopping Discussion

Number for head office best buy? (getting no where with customer service)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2014 4:43 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 8, 2013
9 posts

Number for head office best buy? (getting no where with customer service)

Hello,

Does anyone know of a number for Best Buy head office that will allow me to speak to someone at Best Buy that actually cares. CSR's, managers/ supervisors do not seem to care at all about customer support. I have been having issues with a purchase at best Buy since Dec 24th and it is only getting worse.

Any help with a proper contact would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
7966 posts
1513 upvotes
Mississauga
I'd chew them out on their forums, twitter, facebook etc for best results. You won't get someone who cares any other way. You can also check their corporate reports:
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zht ... ROL-IRhome

Hint: their emails are first initial, last name @futureshop.com ie john smith is jsmith@futureshop.com or jsmith@bestbuy.com respectively.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1675 posts
379 upvotes
lol, just peeked at the corporate officers...yup, none of them looks like they'd give a ***** either.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
I am sure others would like to know what the issue is. Care to share?
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
1263 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
If you're in Mississauga, Ontario go over to their offices located at the first Canadian Best Buy. Heartland.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
2770 posts
715 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
RFDers here are really good at intervening when a buyer has a problem with staff. Explain the issue to us.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5445 posts
838 upvotes
Toronto
Oh yes, "THE number for head office", usually the third stage of retail complaint escalation after stage 2, "I want to talk to The Manager".

Whelp, good luck OP!

Very curious about the complaint as well, why something cant be solved rationally.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
[OP]
May 8, 2013
9 posts
Hello all,

I am sorry for not replying sooner, it's been a long weekend.

It turns out after speaking to a manager and asking who I can speak to if I am not satisfied with said manager and want to escalate the call, I was told there is no one else I can speak with. The manager will "report him/ herself" but I will never be contacted about it. basically no accountability and I am to rely on the manager to "report" him/ herself. ya ok...

I then told him this is the main problem with Best Buy's customer service and the reason their facebook page is fulled with nothing but complaints. There is no accountability what so ever. A CSR doesn't do their job, hangs up on you, so you ask to speak to a manager. If you ever do speak to a manager (as they don't call you back and there is a 1hr wait to speak to one) they try to brush off your complaint and try to direct the conversation away form the complaint itself. Which is what happened to me when I complained about the first set of CSR's I had to initially deal with. The manager kept trying to change the subject.

I would say "(name and employee number here) was rude and hung up on me"

She would reply with "I am sorry, now about the problem you were initially calling about"... Completely ignoring the complaint about the CSR.

I then asked her why she was trying to change the subject and she again tried to direct the conversation away form the CSR complaint by saying "Lets get your initial problem solved".

I had to again redirect the conversation back to the problems I had with said CSR's.

There is no accountability therefore no reason for anyone at Best Buy to actually do their job.

Details regarding my specific situation are below. I will leave out all the times I was hung up on/ had to deal with rude CSR's and just stick with the problem with the order.

Regarding my specific situation (and the reason I will never spend another dime at Best Buy again), it started Dec 24th when I purchased something for their boxing day sale on their website. I put in all my details, credit card information and ordered the product.

Everything was fine until I got an email on the 26th saying there was a problem with my order and I had to call best buy. I called in and was told my credit card was declined for wrong information/ information not matching. I asked to verify the information they had on file as the information on my order confirmation email I received from Best Buy was correct. The information they had was correct, the CSR said she sent the order through and it shouldn't be a problem.

I get the same email the next day saying there is a problem with the order and to call in. I call my credit card company to verify the info I gave them is an exact match and to see if there is any problems on their end. The info was correct so I ask why they declined the purchase. They told me that Best Buy didn't put any order through and they did not decline anything. There was an initial order put through on the 24th for $0.00 (which he said is how they verify the credit card and information) and that's it, best Buy has not attempted to put any order through since then.

I called Best Buy again now knowing it is a problem on their end and internally as they are not even sending out the information to my credit card company. After a very long wait once again I get some snotty kid that didn't want to help, he told me my credit card was declined and I have to use a different one. I explain to him that it is an internal error, Best Buy did not even send the order to my credit card company, my credit card company hasn't declined anything. I tell him this is a problem with Best Buy processing the order internally.

He then tells me that he can't help me with that as he is not trained on order processing. I ask to speak to the order processing department then. He says he doesn't know how to get a hold of that department and I can't speak to anyone regarding the processing of my order. I tell him this is definitely an internal problem with their system and someone is not doing their job as the info they have is correct, my credit card company said they have not declined the purchase as they have not received any request for the purchase to being with. I need to speak to someone that actually processes the orders as it is a major part of the buying process and someone should be trained on it if not him.

No luck so I ask to speak to a manager. He puts me on hold for over 20min, then comes back and says there is a long wait would you like to have a manager call me back? I said "why did you make me wait 20min before telling me that it's going to be a long wait and offer me a call back. I asked him what he was going during that time I was on hold and the offer for the call back should have been after 5min, not 20. I implied he put me on hold only to do personal stuff while I was stuck waiting. he then told me that if I wanted to still wait on the phone I would have to go back in the "Que" and start all over again as he took me out of the Que to talk to me. So basically he just wasted 20min of my time (after already being on the phone with various CSR's for 4hrs). I then said Iw ant to get this dealt with today so I will wait... he then said the line was now busy and I couldn't wait, I had to have a call back. It would be before 10:00pm that day.

10:00pm comes and no call. I call back ask to speak to a manager, no luck.

The next day I call again at 12:00pm, still no call from manager, speak to A CSR,s he goes over the information tells me that the order looks good on her side and there should be no problems. I ask to speak to a manager regarding the terrible time I have had thus far. I am told yet again I will get a call back.

Finally a manager calls me 2hrs later, I first try and question the way the CSR's have handled the situation which she tries to avoid. I then explain to her the situation as I mentioned above. I then explain the situation and that it is a problem on their end and they are not sending the order through to my credit card company. She seems to be useless but tells me she will escalate the order to the processing department and ti should be fine now.

The next day I receive the same email for a 3rd time.

Long story short after calling in for almost 2 straight weeks after placing the order I finally speak to a manager that tells me the problem is Best Buy's system is saying that my Bank does not exist and I need to use another card. I tell him my bank is the largest bank in canada and I can get them on the phone in a conference call if he does not believe me. After a long conversation he uses his brain (the first time a CSr has done this) and manually processes the order. I finally got an email today saying the order has been shipped.

I ask why I had to spend 2 weeks calling in, wasting time explaining to them that it was a problem with their system for someone to do what I asked for and actually process the order (instead of just sending it back through their system where it would get rejected again due to the error.

A lot of interactions with terrible CSR's were left out but in the end it was a horrible process and I will never purchase a thing from Best Buy again. No one there cares about customer service. I believe I got lucky when i spoke to the manager that actually processed the order and I could have ended up with another useless manager that did as the rest of them did and I would still be dealing with this today.

And the worst part of it all is no one at best buy cares as there is no means for me to speak to anyone about the entire ordeal. In the end it boils down tot he fact that there is no accountability for any Best Buy employee and the above (along with countless other complaints) is the result of a workplace that has no accountability.

I wasted probably 16-20hrs on the phone with Best Buy. Next time I will buy from Staples.
Jul 18, 2008
175 posts
26 upvotes
You probably could have drove to your local best buy or future shop and got a gift card for the exact amount then used that to pay for your online purchase instead of your credit card... Since you can change payment method online for a previous order that has not shipped in like two minutes max..and then the order is reprocessed.

Alternatively you could have bought an egift card for the exact amount online (best buy egift cards are processed by another company) and then used that in the same method I noted above... Would have saved you the the 16-20 hours ...

Next time try to be a little more creative, while I'm not saying best buy's employees weren't unhelpful, sometimes complaining gets you nowhere.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
2963 posts
188 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
When you call Best Buy customer service (or Future Shop) you're speaking to a third party call center, not employees of best buy at all. This is why they don't care and have no one to escalate past the 'Managers'. Because they don't even work for the company you think you're calling.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare
[OP]
May 8, 2013
9 posts
Dracious wrote:
Jan 6th, 2014 5:36 pm
You probably could have drove to your local best buy or future shop and got a gift card for the exact amount then used that to pay for your online purchase instead of your credit card... Since you can change payment method online for a previous order that has not shipped in like two minutes max..and then the order is reprocessed.

Alternatively you could have bought an egift card for the exact amount online (best buy egift cards are processed by another company) and then used that in the same method I noted above... Would have saved you the the 16-20 hours ...

Next time try to be a little more creative, while I'm not saying best buy's employees weren't unhelpful, sometimes complaining gets you nowhere.
I bought online because I don't have time to go tot he store and make the purchase, that is the entire point of purchasing online. One shouldn't have to go to the store to purchase a gift then go home and order the product online. I believe most can see the irony in your "solution".

In the end I wasted much more time and I should have gone into the store to make the purchase but had I known it was going to be this much of a problem in the first place I would have ordered a similar product form staples instead (as i mentioned in my post above).

The point is this could have and should have been resolved the first time I called in by the first CSR I spoke to. Instead I was forced to speak to incompetent lazy people that didn't care about the task at hand, simply passed the buck at my expense. What the final supervisor I spoke with did (manually process the order) is what should have happened my first call, not 2 weeks andmuch wasted time and frustration later.
[OP]
May 8, 2013
9 posts
Chrispy wrote:
Jan 7th, 2014 9:25 am
When you call Best Buy customer service (or Future Shop) you're speaking to a third party call center, not employees of best buy at all. This is why they don't care and have no one to escalate past the 'Managers'. Because they don't even work for the company you think you're calling.
I know this, and that is why I said the problem is there is no accountability. No one answers to anyone at these call centers and there is no way for customers to speak to anyone that is responsible for actual customer service from Best Buy.

Both packages finally arrived today the one I ordered last Friday form Future shop and the one I ordered from best buy on Dec 24th.
Jul 18, 2008
175 posts
26 upvotes
eska46 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2014 9:51 am
I bought online because I don't have time to go tot he store and make the purchase, that is the entire point of purchasing online. One shouldn't have to go to the store to purchase a gift then go home and order the product online. I believe most can see the irony in your "solution".

In the end I wasted much more time and I should have gone into the store to make the purchase but had I known it was going to be this much of a problem in the first place I would have ordered a similar product form staples instead (as i mentioned in my post above).

The point is this could have and should have been resolved the first time I called in by the first CSR I spoke to. Instead I was forced to speak to incompetent lazy people that didn't care about the task at hand, simply passed the buck at my expense. What the final supervisor I spoke with did (manually process the order) is what should have happened my first call, not 2 weeks andmuch wasted time and frustration later.
My point is that you complain about wasting time but could have solved your own problem much easier and in a lot less time. Also the egift card option would have eliminated having to go to the store, it would literally have taken 10 minutes, this is what I did when I used a prepaid credit card that happened to insufficient funds for my purchase by a few dollars. I figured buying the ecard for 9 bucks online, and adding that to my method of payment was easier then a phone call to customer service during there busiest time of the year. In the end it took like 5-10 minutes, got my package in a a few days and couldn't be happier.