Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes

Nutchos chocolates where to find Must buy them, lol

I haven't been able to find any Nutchos chocolates this year.
I used to see them at Shoppers and Pharmaplus and I HAVE to buy some this year.... :lol:

Where can I find these?

I haven't tried looking online for them yet. I know they are made by Nestle :)

I'm in Ottawa by the way :lol:
This user has no signature! :| :| :|
16 replies
Deal Addict
May 10, 2001
1198 posts
75 upvotes
We bought ours at Walmart, like we do every year. The reason you may not have found them is because they have changed the packaging. Whereas they used to be in that nut-brown cube, they're now packaged in a smaller, gray, rectangular box.

They were cheaper, though. The box (sorry, don't remember the size but it seemed about half the size of the old box) was $3.57. I believe the old box used to be $9.xx, wasn't it?

I must say that this might be our last year for Nutcho purchases, as last year we were quite disappointed in the quality of the chocolate.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5432 posts
172 upvotes
BC
seems i recall this same topic last year around this same time? :lol:
That's my 2cents worth
Apr 23, 2007
913 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga (centre …
Sometimes Costco has them.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
Fanboy wrote:
Dec 19th, 2007 10:08 am
We bought ours at Walmart, like we do every year. The reason you may not have found them is because they have changed the packaging. Whereas they used to be in that nut-brown cube, they're now packaged in a smaller, gray, rectangular box.

They were cheaper, though. The box (sorry, don't remember the size but it seemed about half the size of the old box) was $3.57. I believe the old box used to be $9.xx, wasn't it?

I must say that this might be our last year for Nutcho purchases, as last year we were quite disappointed in the quality of the chocolate.
I actually called Nestle about it :)
They told me that they are in smaller boxes- I saw that much on their website actually.

But the guy on the phone told me they reformulated the Nutchos- so now it is only with Hazelnuts inside and rice crisps.

I don't get to Walmart in the winter as it is 2 hours away for me, but have not seen the chocolates at Shoppers or anywhere else yet.

I hope they are still ok tasting.

I do like the Baci chocolates though, and those are easy to find.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17604 posts
737 upvotes
Brampton
lol, what are nutchos

and did you feel silly on the phone saying the word "nutchos" in a serious manner? just curious :)

"WHERE ARE MY NUTCHOS"
come troll our unofficial chatroom at #redflagdeals on EFnet
Deal Addict
May 10, 2001
1198 posts
75 upvotes
Steeve Urkel wrote:
Dec 20th, 2007 2:42 am
But the guy on the phone told me they reformulated the Nutchos- so now it is only with Hazelnuts inside and rice crisps.
Dear Nestle,

Rice crisps aren't nuts.

Sincerely yours,
Fanboy
Seriously? If this is true (I guess I'll find out on the 25th as the packages are already wrapped) then this is the last year I buy Nutchos, the end of a pretty long tradition.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I associate rice crisps in chocolate with those cheapo bunnies they sell at dollar stores around Easter named Mr. Crunchy!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
Fanboy wrote:
Dec 20th, 2007 10:06 am
Seriously? If this is true (I guess I'll find out on the 25th as the packages are already wrapped) then this is the last year I buy Nutchos, the end of a pretty long tradition.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I associate rice crisps in chocolate with those cheapo bunnies they sell at dollar stores around Easter named Mr. Crunchy!
I actually like rice crisps in chocolate but also associate it more with those chocolate "coins" you buy that are milk chocolate and rice crisps.

Those easter bunnies are kinda yummy...but also kinda crap.

I actually like the "special crisp" bar from the US that they renamed "watchamacallit".
my mom always brings me some back from the US.

But for them to cheap out on Nutchos...that just sucks.

I really don't think they should have messed with that "classic" chocolate.
Hopefully a lot of people will complain and they will bring back the original ones.

At least the Baci chocolates are still the same. They are also one of my favorites and you can buy them at the Italian grocery year round :)
Apr 23, 2007
913 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga (centre …
Steeve Urkel wrote:
Dec 20th, 2007 2:42 am
I don't get to Walmart in the winter as it is 2 hours away for me, but have not seen the chocolates at Shoppers or anywhere else.
They are worth it. Make the trip! :)
May 10, 2003
22 posts
Toronto
I just saw them at Food Basics for about a buck a box.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
Really? for $1 :lol:

I just bought some on sale for $3 at pharmaplus.
The chocolate is good, but they are not that great.
They used to be way better before.

I don't think I will be buying much more of these in the future though.
Not worth it for $6 reg price.
Apr 23, 2007
913 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga (centre …
pekkle38 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2008 6:48 pm
I just saw them at Food Basics for about a buck a box.
Really?! Where? What Food Basics? Are you sure?
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13267 posts
228 upvotes
Midland
duckdown wrote:
Dec 20th, 2007 4:35 am
lol, what are nutchos

and did you feel silly on the phone saying the word "nutchos" in a serious manner? just curious :)

"WHERE ARE MY NUTCHOS"
Nutchos or Nutcho's are chocolates with nuts that were heavily advertised about 5 or 10 years ago.
The saying in the commercial was, "Nutcho's are for nut nuts." :cheesygri
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
May 10, 2003
22 posts
Toronto
Saw them in Ottawa at the Food Basics on Merivale near the check out with a lot of other holiday chocolates, top part of the shelf. They were small boxes I think about 100g each?
× < >