• Jul 15th, 2018 10:36 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 16, 2009
413 posts
425 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 3:13 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't.
Recently Fortnite was released on the Switch, and a lot of people found out that because they linked their Epic account to their PS4 (even once), they were locked out of using it on the Nintendo Switch. Which is absolutely crazy considering Sony shouldn't have a freakin' say in where you use your EPIC GAMES account.
Yeah thats what I'm assuming. I stopped playing this a 'season' ago, not entertaining enough and too full of kids. I'd love to know anyway since I played on PS4.
I think Sony will hold off and wait for the eventual dying off of interest in the game, then it will all be a sideshow that gets forgotten.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1726 posts
185 upvotes
North York
djjungly wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 11:55 am
anyone bought a good remote that works with shield and has a number keypad?
I use a harmony remote with flirc. This could be pricey if you don't need a universal remote.
Jul 2, 2016
92 posts
22 upvotes
djjungly wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 11:55 am
anyone bought a good remote that works with shield and has a number keypad?
I have the harmony hub with keyboard and also bought this one below Air Mouse Mini Wireless Multifunction Keyboard 2.4G with Infrared IR Learning - PrimeCables

Mostly using that one from primecables as i've set the IR learning to some of my devices. From experience it consumes battery (already changed once or twice since I bought it last year). Not perfect but it's working for me, casual use of mouse & keyboard for text entry and partial use of IR for controlling some of devices.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15390 posts
19730 upvotes
ONTARIO
BernardRyder wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 4:23 pm
Yeah thats what I'm assuming. I stopped playing this a 'season' ago, not entertaining enough and too full of kids. I'd love to know anyway since I played on PS4.
I think Sony will hold off and wait for the eventual dying off of interest in the game, then it will all be a sideshow that gets forgotten.
50 vs 50 mode is the only mode I play. Also turning off voice chat completely helps too.
May 9, 2006
491 posts
73 upvotes
Mississauga
bornokjudak wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 5:15 pm
I have the harmony hub with keyboard and also bought this one below Air Mouse Mini Wireless Multifunction Keyboard 2.4G with Infrared IR Learning - PrimeCables

Mostly using that one from primecables as i've set the IR learning to some of my devices. From experience it consumes battery (already changed once or twice since I bought it last year). Not perfect but it's working for me, casual use of mouse & keyboard for text entry and partial use of IR for controlling some of devices.
thanks I just ordered from primecables, this is my first purchase from primecables. too bad shipping is $5+ :(
Jul 2, 2016
92 posts
22 upvotes
oh forgot to tell, I got it for free shipping, they do that once in a while. X_X
and they have free shipping for first time order. I'm not sure if that still applies, just saw that from hot deal forum.

Edit: I found the link Your text to link here...
Jan 13, 2014
815 posts
238 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone else having an issue where your Shield controller randomly presses buttons (usually its one of the analog sticks). I noticed it today when the Volume slider kept appearing in Kodi now that I was recharging my controller for the first time in a while (thanks to GeForce Now).

Looking around, seems like this has been an ongoing issue for some people for quite some time.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... ing-out/1/
May 11, 2008
2 posts
Longueuil
I just got myself a nvidia Shield and Ilove it!

I installed the Fibetv application and it work ok. My problem is that when I watch a video on the app, none of the control button (play pause rwd fwd stop) work. That pretty much rendered the application useless.

I tried to fix the problem but no success.

Anyone with the same problem, or better yet a solution?

Thanks
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15390 posts
19730 upvotes
ONTARIO
So has anyone been playing the games in the new GeForce Now app?

It's actually so freakin cool how it works now. I signed into my Steam account through the GeForce Now steam app and I can play ANYTHING from my steam library, without the need to actually own a computer capable of running the games. It's all on running on nvidia's end.

I know this won't be free forever, but apparently it's supposed to be to at least the end of the year.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
6897 posts
565 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote:
Jul 14th, 2018 7:23 pm

It's actually so freakin cool how it works now. I signed into my Steam account through the GeForce Now steam app and I can play ANYTHING from my steam library, without the need to actually own a computer capable of running the games. It's all on running on nvidia's end.

I know this won't be free forever, but apparently it's supposed to be to at least the end of the year.
Mixed results for me. Confusing as most games on the nvidia games dash are paid but only way I can get to my games is via steam app and can't figure out how to add a shortcut on the dash/launcher. Also very mixed bag of support for controller and frequently get windows dialog boxes about controller configurations that I need my keyboard to dismiss.

It's not a very well integrated affair at the moment.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15390 posts
19730 upvotes
ONTARIO
ichpen wrote:
Jul 14th, 2018 8:13 pm
Mixed results for me. Confusing as most games on the nvidia games dash are paid but only way I can get to my games is via steam app and can't figure out how to add a shortcut on the dash/launcher. Also very mixed bag of support for controller and frequently get windows dialog boxes about controller configurations that I need my keyboard to dismiss.

It's not a very well integrated affair at the moment.
Oh I agree, there's a ways to go yet.

By the way, hold down the START button on the controller to bring up the virtual mouse. Then you can use the right joystick to hover over a window pop-up, then hit the right trigger to click on it.
Sep 30, 2001
26916 posts
5909 upvotes
Toronto
is there a better file browser for this box? I have an external drive connected with a number of video files and when i use the builtin browser all the file names are truncated.
Don't talk about it, be about it
Jul 2, 2016
92 posts
22 upvotes
MrDisco wrote:
Jul 14th, 2018 8:48 pm
is there a better file browser for this box? I have an external drive connected with a number of video files and when i use the builtin browser all the files are truncated.
I use ES File explorer

Edit: And it works perfect for me to read/write on my NAS + when I went to send/receive files to/from my phone
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15390 posts
19730 upvotes
ONTARIO
I like X-Plore for my file manager. Mainly because it supports root + mount writable. Allows me to easily modify system files.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4109 posts
664 upvotes
Kingston
BobSagget wrote:
Jul 14th, 2018 7:23 pm

Does it install the games to the shield once you play them? It says install, but only takes like a sec so I can't tell if it's just a small game, or its actually installing it to my shield.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)