Ongoing Deal Discussion

[NYaddress.ca] US (NY) address $2.95/package (Niagara Falls/Buffalo)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 11:26 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1080 posts
447 upvotes
Hamilton

[NYaddress.ca] US (NY) address $2.95/package (Niagara Falls/Buffalo)

Deal Link:
A good and cost effective alternative to other US address/receiving services.

No monthly fee. Unlike other mailbox services we do not charge a monthly fee (FYI: Fineprints say up to 4 month, then they start to levy a monthly fee on per month. I had to pay $10 for a package).
USD $1.95 per package.
Very convenient. Porter Road exit off the 190. Near the Lewiston and Whirlpool bridge. Close to the Outlet Mall.
Open 7 days a week (Monday - Saturday 11-8, Sunday 11-5)
Email notification of your parcels.

http://nyaddress.ca/

<Your name>
5555 Porter Road Suite# <your number>
Niagara Falls, NY

Edit:
Signed up. Took about 2 hrs to get confirmation email. Verified email address, created username and password, voila.

Edit 2:
Suite # is assigned upon account creation. I think this will help them to sort the recipients.

Edit 3:
Some fellow RFD members advised successful transition and received their packages. It's part of a furniture store which is located in an ex-Walmart store. They advised to bring some USD and may need account password to speed up the process.

Edit 4:
Thanks to multiple positive feedback. As per fellow RFDers, please do remember this is a new service offered by a Canadian chain furniture store in Niagara Falls.

Edit 5:
Please make sure you have your credentials (signed email address, password AND suite number to login to their laptop) and US$ cash ready.

Edit 6:
Price increased to USD $2.95.

Edit 7:
New address : 1916 Main Street, Niagara Falls, NY, 14305

EDIT 8:
Check your email before head up to the store for early closing, operating hours change, events, etc.

EDIT 9:
We are currently getting between 300-400 packages a day. Due to the high package volume we can not retrieve your package until it has been scanned into our system. Please do not come down to pickup your package until you receive an email notification from us that your package has been received even if the courier company has sent you notice.
Last edited by HamsiBrain on Mar 10th, 2015 8:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
601 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
2750 posts
718 upvotes
Anyone use this before? I've been using CBI but they are quite busy nowadays.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3141 posts
593 upvotes
How about providing the border point in the title? New York is a very wide state.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
4264 posts
122 upvotes
Cheaper per package but charges additional $1.95 per mth after 2 mths. I prefer CBI since I have been using them for years.
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
9834 posts
1048 upvotes
i recommend americanmailbox.net

the person who runs it is a great guy
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1080 posts
447 upvotes
Hamilton
sungfra wrote:
Mar 10th, 2015 8:54 am
Cheaper per package but charges additional $1.95 per mth after 2 mths. I prefer CBI since I have been using them for years.

To clarify, they charge a $1.95 monthly fee if you do not pick up your package in two months. I can't imagine an average consumer that would keep their paid items in a warehouse over 2 months after delivery.

"No monthly fee. Unlike other mailbox services we do not charge a monthly fee"
Jul 15, 2005
113 posts
12 upvotes
Scarborough
For $2 a package, that's a decent deal. My only question would be how reliable they are since this is the first time I've heard of them. I've been using USaddress for years and my brother uses CBI; we've found they are equally reliable. With the dollar at .79 I'm finding there's less reason to shop south of the border unless there's something you can't get in Canada. When I was living in Burlington I would make a run every other month, now it's once a year for Christmas shopping.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2433 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Do you forward package to Canada?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
5679 posts
523 upvotes
Toronto
HamsiBrain wrote:
Mar 10th, 2015 9:09 am
To clarify, they charge a $1.95 monthly fee if you do not pick up your package in two months. I can't imagine an average consumer that would keep their paid items in a warehouse over 2 months after delivery.

"No monthly fee. Unlike other mailbox services we do not charge a monthly fee"
I go to CBI every four months due to the length of the drive from Toronto. I'm happy that they will hold parcels longterm with no extra charge.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
4264 posts
122 upvotes
Inno wrote:
Mar 10th, 2015 9:20 am
I go to CBI every four months due to the length of the drive from Toronto. I'm happy that they will hold parcels longterm with no extra charge.
+1. I only go to CBI 2-3 times a year to save gas / time. Make sense for those who go more often to look for cheaper alternative.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1080 posts
447 upvotes
Hamilton
Proteinz wrote:
Mar 10th, 2015 9:14 am
For $2 a package, that's a decent deal. My only question would be how reliable they are since this is the first time I've heard of them. I've been using USaddress for years and my brother uses CBI; we've found they are equally reliable. With the dollar at .79 I'm finding there's less reason to shop south of the border unless there's something you can't get in Canada. When I was living in Burlington I would make a run every other month, now it's once a year for Christmas shopping.
May be they are new in to this service but it looks the owner, Parksfurniture ltd, is a Hamilton based company they have operations in few locations including the NY, N. Falls store. It looks they are expanding their services to new areas.

I'm not affiliated nor know any member of this company. I'll pull the trigger to create an account although I do not think US goods or services are not competitive after loonies fall.
Jul 15, 2005
113 posts
12 upvotes
Scarborough
HamsiBrain wrote:
Mar 10th, 2015 9:34 am
May be they are new in to this service but it looks the owner, Parksfurniture ltd, is a Hamilton based company they have operations in few locations including the NY, N. Falls store. It looks they are expanding their services to new areas.

I'm not affiliated nor know any member of this company. I'll pull the trigger to create an account although I do not think US goods or services are not competitive after loonies fall.
Sounds legit, let me know how your experience goes; with that price it's definitely worth switching, especially the no charge for 2 months of holding. As for the dollar, unless you're skipping tax at the border or getting something 30-40% off or more, the savings are minimal (factoring gas and time) but to each their own.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1109 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
Use cib before, maybe another option, thanks op.
Simple is the best.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2004
1224 posts
53 upvotes
sexyj wrote:
Mar 10th, 2015 8:56 am
i recommend americanmailbox.net

the person who runs it is a great guy
I also highly recommend this guy. Using CBI for years but fed up with their lines and service. I tried this guy, and he is open Sundays and could not be happier. Would never use CBI again.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
2499 posts
381 upvotes
GTA
7-Days a week (Sunday !!!) is the best part of this deal !!!