Ongoing Deal Discussion

[NYaddress.ca] US (NY) address $2.95/package (Niagara Falls/Buffalo)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2018 11:32 am
Apr 28, 2010
52 posts
26 upvotes
Pickering, Ontario
Interesting email they are closing early today ( Wed Dec 20 ) - looking for employee to stay until 5 pm?

Not sure what is going on- has Mike quit? - or walked out after disagreement ?

And where is the second guy they hired?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3089 posts
686 upvotes
Toronto
brucemcl777 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 6:35 pm
Interesting email they are closing early today ( Wed Dec 20 ) - looking for employee to stay until 5 pm?

Not sure what is going on- has Mike quit? - or walked out after disagreement ?

And where is the second guy they hired?
I was there yesterday.

Mike took the day off for running errands for Christmas.

Met the new guy who was manning the place while Mike was away.

Not sure, maybe Mike or the other guy got caught up in an emergency?
Nov 14, 2007
75 posts
10 upvotes
I was the on December 20th as well at 4pm. I got confirmation my package had arrived and available for pickup. Building was completely shut down with a sign indicating it was condemned and noone was allowed entry. I looked through the window and just saw packages all over the place like place was ransacked and abandoned. I was there picking up phone SIM cards for my drive down to Florida. These SIMS are useless to me in 2 weeks. I emailed Patrick Gabriel - the owner but no a courtesy of a reply. I WILL NEVER USE THIS SHADY PLACE AGAIN. I pity the guy who delivered a $1,000 item there.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3089 posts
686 upvotes
Toronto
jibs92 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2017 6:02 pm
I was the on December 20th as well at 4pm. I got confirmation my package had arrived and available for pickup. Building was completely shut down with a sign indicating it was condemned and noone was allowed entry. I looked through the window and just saw packages all over the place like place was ransacked and abandoned. I was there picking up phone SIM cards for my drive down to Florida. These SIMS are useless to me in 2 weeks. I emailed Patrick Gabriel - the owner but no a courtesy of a reply. I WILL NEVER USE THIS SHADY PLACE AGAIN. I pity the guy who delivered a $1,000 item there.
Wait What?!?
Nov 14, 2007
75 posts
10 upvotes
I even went to the police station across the street to find out WTF was going on. They indicated the City shut them down. Remarkable that after I sent my email to Patrick Gabriel, we all get an email saying place had to close early. Crock of BS.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3089 posts
686 upvotes
Toronto
jibs92 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2017 6:11 pm
I even went to the police station across the street to find out WTF was going on. They indicated the City shut them down. Remarkable that after I sent my email to Patrick Gabriel, we all get an email saying place had to close early. Crock of BS.
Jesus.

What's his email address?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3089 posts
686 upvotes
Toronto
Hopefully he provides some clarity, before screwing anyone that needs gifts being held there.

Why would the city close the place down?

I planned to go tomorrow. Will have to intercept UPS before delivery is attempted.
Nov 14, 2007
75 posts
10 upvotes
I don't know but, from reading other posts, the place might be a fire hazard or health hazard. Also may not comply with some safety in the workplace laws.

I wish I took a pic of the sign on the door but if you're heading down to verify, please do and post. I would hate others getting screwed.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3089 posts
686 upvotes
Toronto
jibs92 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2017 6:39 pm
I don't know but, from reading other posts, the place might be a fire hazard or health hazard. Also may not comply with some safety in the workplace laws.

I wish I took a pic of the sign on the door but if you're heading down to verify, please do and post. I would hate others getting screwed.
I'll post up tomorrow what's going on. I just rerouted my delivery and will swing by NYAddresses.
Oct 1, 2008
53 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
I never understood why people would go here over a place like cbi. Is it really worth it for saving a couple of bucks. I’ve been using cbi very heavily for about 5 years. Never, ever an issue and always good customer service.
Dec 1, 2013
378 posts
158 upvotes
omg i just made an order.. what?? crap someone please respond soon. I'm gonna try and cancel.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3089 posts
686 upvotes
Toronto
tjsbuyer wrote:
Dec 21st, 2017 9:59 pm
I never understood why people would go here over a place like cbi. Is it really worth it for saving a couple of bucks. I’ve been using cbi very heavily for about 5 years. Never, ever an issue and always good customer service.
Cause it's half the cost.

Picking up packages on non-membership adds up fast at CBI. And paying up front, and then ordering enough to break even, well that's a hefty upfront cost too.

People aren't shopping across the border as often. I didn't buy a single item in the US in 2016. But 2015 and 2017 were big volume years for me.
Dec 1, 2013
378 posts
158 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Dec 21st, 2017 10:33 pm
With who? Amazon?
No, I wish! That would be easy. I sent the support email from where I ordered a cancel request