Ongoing Deal Discussion

[NYaddress.ca] US (NY) address $2.95/package (Niagara Falls/Buffalo)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2018 5:42 pm
Oct 22, 2013
15 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Does anyone knows if they are opened tonight?
I want to pick up my stuff and gtfo from that place and won't go back.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3938 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
lonlyway wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 10:04 am
Does anyone knows if they are opened tonight?
I want to pick up my stuff and gtfo from that place and won't go back.
I'm heading out soon. I have nothing there anymore, but will drive by.
Oct 22, 2013
15 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
rebel_rfd wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 10:08 am
Thank you and lucky you
I still haven't picked up the item, because last time Ive visit there, they shut down without any notice.
Total of my item sitting there is around 500 US atm,
and some people sent 1000 bucks item over there.

I can see there will be some lawsuit if they are just shutting down. Maybe not individual but by groups of angry customers.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3938 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
lonlyway wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 10:12 am
Thank you and lucky you
I still haven't picked up the item, because last time Ive visit there, they shut down without any notice.
Total of my item sitting there is around 500 US atm,
and some people sent 1000 bucks item over there.

I can see there will be some lawsuit if they are just shutting down. Maybe not individual but by groups of angry customers.
Lawsuits take time.

Easier to just show up at his Hamilton Furniture Store.

Could just be some legal redtape they tried to skirt around but got caught.

When I was there on Tuesday, one of the customers asked about the propane based furnace by the front desk area. Maybe that was the inspector?

I've sent a lot of stuff out there, $2-3K worth as I ship most of camera lenses and bodies to them. Plus unlocked phones.

Would be sucky if this is the end of their run.
Oct 22, 2013
15 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
rebel_rfd wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 10:18 am
Lawsuits take time.

Easier to just show up at his Hamilton Furniture Store.

Could just be some legal redtape they tried to skirt around but got caught.

When I was there on Tuesday, one of the customers asked about the propane based furnace by the front desk area. Maybe that was the inspector?

I've sent a lot of stuff out there, $2-3K worth as I ship most of camera lenses and bodies to them. Plus unlocked phones.

Would be sucky if this is the end of their run.
True but its business stated in America, and laws different from us, meaning it can be quite costy to him.
Anyway I checked my order status, and it was delivered yesterday, and it says The delivery was signed by: PATRICK around 11 am.
Was gonna visit later today for my last christmas shopping...

Well, let us know hows it going.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3938 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
lonlyway wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 10:23 am
True but its business stated in America, and laws different from us, meaning it can be quite costy to him.
Anyway I checked my order status, and it was delivered yesterday, and it says The delivery was signed by: PATRICK around 11 am.
Was gonna visit later today for my last christmas shopping...

Well, let us know hows it going.
Looks like he just received two of my packages.
Apr 28, 2010
64 posts
26 upvotes
Pickering, Ontario
I have only one small low value package there - if someone from the Scarborough / Pickering / Ajax area could pick it up for me I would give them NY's fee plus $5 and pick it up from you.

(It is a replacement transformer for a LED fish tank light that I picked in October and paid customs but it was defective as well, )
Oct 22, 2013
15 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
brucemcl777 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 1:04 pm
I have only one small low value package there - if someone from the Scarborough / Pickering / Ajax area could pick it up for me I would give them NY's fee plus $5 and pick it up from you.

(It is a replacement transformer for a LED fish tank light that I picked in October and paid customs but it was defective as well, )
I'm going to pick it up tonight around 6 and will be at the Eglinton and Bayview tonight around 8, if you want to come that far, send me a message
Apr 28, 2010
64 posts
26 upvotes
Pickering, Ontario
Thank you for volunteering lonlyway - someone else did too and they are closer so more convenient for us both - you are an amigo though
Oct 22, 2013
15 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
rebel_rfd wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 10:08 am
well so I checked yesterday and heard wth is going on with that place

Apperently the boss put new furnace in the room however it was building too much temperature and CO2 thats why the firedepartment had to shut the place down.

I asked him why was it close on 7th, he mumbled and refused to answer.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3938 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
lonlyway wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2017 5:09 pm
well so I checked yesterday and heard wth is going on with that place

Apperently the boss put new furnace in the room however it was building too much temperature and CO2 thats why the firedepartment had to shut the place down.

I asked him why was it close on 7th, he mumbled and refused to answer.
Not temperature but it was exhausting the fumes back into the building.
Apr 28, 2010
64 posts
26 upvotes
Pickering, Ontario
Yes well that's what happens when amateurs mess with heating and natural gas and don't know how to vent it properly. It's why proper installers have to be lisenced.

Next everyone goes to the hospital or the morgue from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Or the building blows up when someone lights a cigarette.

Either way not a happy ending.

Sounds like the 3 stooges as gas-fitters.
Jul 4, 2009
327 posts
49 upvotes
Mississauga
I got this email on the 23rd, it seems it is alright to send packages still.

NYAddress hours for New Years Eve 12pm-5pm and the week of January 1st 2018 Tuesday-Saturday 10am-7pm, Sunday 12pm-5pm. Next week regular hours.

I shipped a bunch of stuff a few days ago, I don't have any issues shipping stuff to this address except sometimes my car parts i ship there the box is opened like someone was looking through it..
May 30, 2006
228 posts
21 upvotes
Markham
Went there first time.

Talk to the gentleman working there. ( really nice guy). was told they were closed due to Carbon Monoxide issue .

I will be brutally honest the place is not the most furnished. Also the packages are just laying on the floor.

but to be honest with the cost to store the packages I would highly recommend this location .